Author Topic: Coulter: Black Americans Should Arm Themselves  (Read 4895 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Coulter: Black Americans Should Arm Themselves
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 12:44:18 AM »
Don't know if it will get the black vote. It might make some people think, whether white or black.

Sort of related:
Maybe it's because of where I live, but there's usually at least one black customer every time I go to a gun store or gun show. There's a black guy working the gun counter at the local Cabela's.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 02:19:40 AM »
I've tried to make Coulter's point to black reporters, politicians, and other influential blacks, but it just never sinks in. Guns=murder, and that seems to be it.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 02:47:52 AM »
Well, so should all other Americans.

And any non-Americans, too. Newt was right.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 06:13:48 AM »
Don't know if it will get the black vote. It might make some people think, whether white or black.

Sort of related:
Maybe it's because of where I live, but there's usually at least one black customer every time I go to a gun store or gun show. There's a black guy working the gun counter at the local Cabela's.

I went to our area's largest gunshow Friday afternoon (I'm in the NoVA/DC area).  It was like the United Nations there.  Vendors and customers from all walks of life and all nationalities.  Even saw Sikhs buying and selling guns. :)

Even saw a few mixed race couples.  Whoever thinks gun nuts are bigots has never been to the Nation's Gunshow in Chantilly, VA. :D

Chris

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 10:02:58 AM »
I've tried to make Coulter's point to black reporters, politicians, and other influential blacks, but it just never sinks in. Guns=murder, and that seems to be it.

You're giving them too much credit.

I'm of the mind that underneath it all, it's really: "Guns = More of our black kids dead, because we've largely given up (as a culture) on trying to stop a tragically high percentage of them from being criminals, so we'd at least prefer they run less risk of death at the hands of their victims. "
I promise not to duck.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 09:27:54 PM »
I get her point...I guess...but most black folks I know completely get the gun ownership thang. I think it shows how isolated Miss Ann, and media people in general, are from the real world. And O'reilly is simply a gun hating urban dimwit bully. Just my opinion.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »
I get her point...I guess...but most black folks I know completely get the gun ownership thang. I think it shows how isolated Miss Ann, and media people in general, are from the real world. And O'reilly is simply a gun hating urban dimwit bully. Just my opinion.

I have several black friends that get the gun ownership deal also but also know way too many that have been brainwashed.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 09:41:15 PM »

I don't see any reason to think Coulter was trying to teach black people about guns. In the transcript, Ann and Bill are talking about leftists, and leftist reasoning, and what the left says. I don't recall seeing anything about whether black people "get the gun ownership thang."

Maybe Ann goes shooting with her black friends. How would we know?

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 10:07:49 PM »
It is a nice thought, but politically, Obama will get at least 85% of the black vote.  I believe he got about 95% of that vote in 2007.  Most Blacks that I have talked to worship at the Obama alter because he is black and they think/believe that they are going to get a special deal. 
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 12:49:58 AM »
It is a nice thought, but politically, Obama will get at least 85% of the black vote.  I believe he got about 95% of that vote in 2007. 

But more importantly, in 2008!   =)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 12:04:19 PM »
The Second Amendment is for unenslaved people.  Someone needs to explain that to the white leftists who are hell-bent on turning America into one vast plantation.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 05:03:45 PM »
It is a nice thought, but politically, Obama will get at least 85% of the black vote.  I believe he got about 95% of that vote in 2007.  Most Blacks that I have talked to worship at the Obama alter because he is black and they think/believe that they are going to get a special deal. 

Most blacks I have talked to (in the South) think he's whacked and out for his own power trip. The Obama supporters I've encountered seem to be white or non-black minorities, 20- and early 30-somethings, liberals who don't do any research of their own but just follow the pack. They're the ones that scare me because there's just so damn many of them. And they haven't learned a damn thing in the past four years.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 08:10:01 PM »
I have several black friends that get the gun ownership deal also but also know way too many that have been brainwashed.

I hope I'm one of the former.  =)
I've so far run across only two Black people who were vehemently anti-gun.
One was a young husband and father who feared guns, but at least paused to think when I pointed out that his going after an intruder with a baseball bat was less efficient.
The other was a middle-aged woman who would rather stab somebody than touch a firearm.

When anti-gun people demand to know why I have/want firearms, I tell them about how gun control is racist in its origins.
And then I say I'm buying all the guns my mama, grandmom & great-grandmother weren't allowed to have.  >:D
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

birdman

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
When anti-gun people demand to know why I have/want firearms, I tell them about how gun control is racist in its origins.
And then I say I'm buying all the guns my mama, grandmom & great-grandmother weren't allowed to have.  >:D
That is just awesome.  You rock! :)

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 12:53:02 AM »
Yes. Yes she does.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 01:30:08 AM »
We need to get someone like Halle Berry or Beyonce on board with concealed carry.
If someone can set me up with a private conversation with either I volunteer to try.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 02:03:02 AM »
Gunsmith, you are positively selfless.

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 11:32:05 AM »
How do you know LadySmith isn't Halle Berry?

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 11:34:26 AM »
shhhhh!
7-11 was a part time job.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 12:43:22 PM »
I hope I'm one of the former.  =)
I've so far run across only two Black people who were vehemently anti-gun.
One was a young husband and father who feared guns, but at least paused to think when I pointed out that his going after an intruder with a baseball bat was less efficient.
The other was a middle-aged woman who would rather stab somebody than touch a firearm.

When anti-gun people demand to know why I have/want firearms, I tell them about how gun control is racist in its origins.And then I say I'm buying all the guns my mama, grandmom & great-grandmother weren't allowed to have.  >:D

I would argue that gun control measures are still racist.

Look at the populations of major cities and states that have strict gun control measures in place.  You can't have the dependant class get all self-sufficient on the new plantation, after all.  I mean, if all the minority victims in Chicago and New York and LA could actually defend themselves?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 01:08:53 PM »
You're giving them too much credit.

I'm of the mind that underneath it all, it's really: "Guns = More of our black kids dead, because we've largely given up (as a culture) on trying to stop a tragically high percentage of them from being criminals, so we'd at least prefer they run less risk of death at the hands of their victims. "

And each other. Don't forget that part.
Look, tiny text!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 02:28:32 PM »
And each other. Don't forget that part.

Often the same thing. Look who - disproportionately - the victims of crime are.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2012, 02:37:46 PM »
I would argue that gun control measures are still racist.

Look at the populations of major cities and states that have strict gun control measures in place.  You can't have the dependant class get all self-sufficient on the new plantation, after all.  I mean, if all the minority victims in Chicago and New York and LA could actually defend themselves?

Racist in their effect, just not their intent. They'd disarm all us lowly peasants if they could.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2012, 05:21:45 PM »
]

Oughta be on a bumper sticker.

WRT gunsmith's selfless quest, I can only thank him for his service. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton