Author Topic: Obamacare horror stories  (Read 4880 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Obamacare horror stories
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 04:21:12 PM »
Just making an observation with a subtle hint - not everybody is the paragon of health. 

I know many diabetics who would much rather not be diabetic.  Same goes for those with Parkinson's, MS, and so forth. 

Health insurance is risk management, not unlike any other type of insurance. Healthy people pay for treatment of folks who are not.

Since the new rules state that folks with pre-existing conditions cannot be denied, then the money's gotta come from somewhere.

We disabled military vets are a big suck on the economy, too.  So I'm real careful about making references to the Sheehans of the world.

Are we at the point where we pick and choose who is worthy of care and who is not?

Two words: Death Panel.

If you have some common disease that there are already meds for, you'll probably be ok. If you have a rare disease, don't count on anyone looking for a cure from this point forward, unless the cure serendipitiously (accidentally) comes out of a politically driven experiment (ie fetal stem cell research), and even then, the cost for low volume drug makign is going to be horrendously expensive.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Obamacare horror stories
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 05:22:56 PM »
I try to stay away from that place, and leave it for the guys with horrific injuries trying to resume something of a normal life.

I feel bad, because I don't have limbs or a big chunk of skull missing - I can walk in and walk out.  But they're all I've got right now, so I use them. 

This.

This is why I've had nothing to do with the VA.   Yet.  However, I may be forced to at some point.

And again, this is where the debate has gone off the rails Healthcare =/= Health Insurance.   Insurance is the transfer of risk in exchange for value.  However, once the risk condition has occurred it is no longer risk.  The company that offered to assume the risk, now owns it.   

What (some/most of) these people want is simply someone else to pay.  They however, weren't willing to pay for someone to assume that risk prior to it's occurrence. 

RE: The VA.  I do believe that there is/was an implied contract made with those who served.   And priority should be to those who bears the scars of wars and service.   G98, you've earned it, feel not ashamed.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.