Author Topic: as if you really needed a reason to avoid NY!  (Read 4895 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: as if you really needed a reason to avoid NY!
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2013, 12:49:04 PM »

Sigh. Yes, he got busted under BS laws that shouldn't exist. I hope he gets the laws involved overturned.

But unless you WANT to test NY's laws for their constitutionality, be careful visiting certain areas.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2013, 12:50:50 PM »
Perhaps my give a damn is broken from the sheer number of stories like this, or going through NJ or DC with a mag or ammo.  In my mind these guys are just as dumb as those American Hikers that strayed into Iran* and got arrested.  Shitty regimes have shitty laws. Break them at your peril.

*No, that's not hyperbole. I really did just compare the govs of NYC and Iran.  I think it's a valid comparison.

That's quite offensive to Iranians  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2013, 01:34:21 PM »
so, who gets his guns (swag) now that he is a fellon?   also, i had no idea that to possess long guns you need a permit in the city.   

:facepalm:

In NYS you need a permit to possess a firearm.  In NYC you need a NYC permit - the basic NYS for the rest of the place is no good.

This gets extensively whinged about on gun boards about twice a year now - used to be more often but most folks somehow picked up and retained the information lomg enough to allow some breathing space between cycles of beating the deceased equine.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2013, 02:08:37 PM »
My favorite quote:

Pentangelo told CNN about the case. "Luckily, no one got hurt."
(my emphasis)

Yeah, they really came close that time, that (evil) gun might have jumped up and killed everybody . . .

That seems to be a standard statement whenever the aw-thaw-ri-tees in Nueva York apprehend a gun runner.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2013, 02:10:43 PM »
so, who gets his guns (swag) now that he is a fellon?   also, i had no idea that to possess long guns you need a permit in the city.   

You need to do your homework. It's a LOT worse than you think in Nueva York.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2013, 05:33:19 PM »
I'm starting to think it's time to leave.   =|
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2013, 02:19:54 PM »
That guy lives in NY with stuff you  can't have in NY.
I don't feel bad for him.

Wait a new york minute here, the article said
Keenan Draughon of Clarksville, Tennessee
was the "traveler" arrested...what did I miss?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2013, 02:30:08 PM »
Wait a new york minute here, the article said  was the "traveler" arrested...what did I miss?

Tennessee seems to think he is one of their citizens http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/oct/26/police-tenn-man-had-loaded-rifle-in-bag-at-jfk/

He's only 23 as well, it's rare when a 23 yr old that probably grew up thinking he isn't a criminal and happens to like guns - knows about interstate firearm regulations.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »
Ignorance of the law is no excuse, unless you are a cop, DA or judge of course.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams