Author Topic: Inauguration day: predictions?  (Read 4923 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
Inauguration day: predictions?
« on: January 19, 2021, 09:28:34 PM »
Anyone thing anything much will happen during the inauguration?

I suspect it will be smooth sailing.  The real mess will be what comes later.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Inauguration day: predictions?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 09:32:20 PM »
nuttin.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 09:38:01 PM »
I predict rum, lots of rum. And maybe some bourbon and/or brandy.

Oh you mean in DC. There I predict silly speeches and boredom.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 09:50:28 PM »

This, most likely.

Taking no chances, though. If something does happen it will go from nothing at all to full-on unrestrained *expletive deleted*it storm with neither warning nor moderation. While not probable, reasonable caution dictates I give due consideration to both possibility and prep.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 10:00:12 PM »
Some bum will set his tent on fire and the police will evacuate the area because of a suspected terrorist act.

(Oops, that already happened. Never mind.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 10:37:33 PM »

From our side, yes.

False flag stuff?  God only knows.  This one is just asking for an "unhinged lone wolf" to kick it up a notch.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 11:01:40 PM »
I vote nothing. 

However, I did hear they deployed the Ghostbusters to D.C. in case some of the Biden voters get violent. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 11:07:37 PM »
I vote nothing. 

However, I did hear they deployed the Ghostbusters to D.C. in case some of the Biden voters get violent. 

80% spectators
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 11:10:44 PM »

boring nothing with not much real on site audience, or a big horrible staged nasty, to start the pogroms off with a bang.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 11:19:29 PM »
Two years ago my vote would have been a solid “nothing” but these days with all the leftists throwing the frogs into an Instant Pot...I can’t rule out a false flag attack or attack attempt.

I used to write off a lot as pure conspiracy theory but damn the craziness of the left has really ramped up. I feel like they are deciding that it’s time to go for “all or nothing”
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 11:48:00 PM »
I predict not much will happen save for Joe's dementia might kick in a time or two.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2021, 12:00:26 AM »
I'm more concerned about a false flag/Reichstag fire event than I am about any real right wing boogaloo.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if something stupid doesn't happen.

Some bum will set his tent on fire and the police will evacuate the area because of a suspected terrorist act.

(Oops, that already happened. Never mind.)

I caught the report about that yesterday.
They locked down the White house because of a fire at a homeless encampment a mile from the White House.
It just struck me as a little discordant that there are homeless encampments a mile from the White House. I thought DC was a shining paragon of liberal social justice.
Why the *expletive deleted*ck is there a homeless encampment a mile from the White House?
 :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2021, 12:12:03 AM »
I guess I'll have to catch the news briefs later sometime ...... I plan on either sleeping through tomorrow, or if I accidently wake up, getting so  ******* drunk I won't remember a thing until I sober up in 2022. [tinfoil] [popcorn]   [barf]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2021, 12:23:04 AM »
I'm more concerned about a false flag/Reichstag fire event than I am about any real right wing boogaloo.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if something stupid doesn't happen.

That's about where I am at. A radicalized National Guard member, let's call him Les Harold Osborn, takes out America's favorite politician. All wrapped up with a bow, no one in the military dares oppose the purge that happens there to avoid being labeled a sympathizer to terrorists, the subject of the next phase. Still got the shovel...

Let's hope it is a boring day.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2021, 12:30:53 AM »
boring nothing with not much real on site audience, or a big horrible staged nasty, to start the pogroms off with a bang.

These seem most likely.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2021, 06:26:11 AM »
They haven’t spent all this time getting total power over the government and educational system, brainwashing a sycophant corps who all repeat and worship the same message word for word, painting all of us ordinary people who just want to be left alone as extremists, and ramping up stuff over the past year to let it all go to waste.

Maybe the Reichstag fire won’t happen today but it can’t be far off.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2021, 07:38:00 AM »
Anti-climactic finish to the Trump administration.

It will leave more questions unanswered and spawn new generations of conspiracy theories, even more than the Kennedy administration.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2021, 08:20:39 AM »
I predict not much will happen save for Joe's dementia might kick in a time or two.

Seen on my Internetz: "Et tu, Cornpop?"

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2021, 08:22:00 AM »
That's about where I am at. A radicalized National Guard member, let's call him Les Harold Osborn,

Because, of course, these guys all have 3 names.

takes out America's favorite politician. All wrapped up with a bow, no one in the military dares oppose the purge that happens there to avoid being labeled a sympathizer to terrorists, the subject of the next phase. Still got the shovel...

Let's hope it is a boring day.

Because I'm already hearing of planned purges in the military.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2021, 08:37:30 AM »
I no longer put on tinfoil when I say a phrase like "false flag event". That would be my concern, especially after they conveniently found innocent traitorous Guardsmen after the dems said there would be some.

I hope it's boring. My bigger concern is the start of the great reset and what happens over the next year with our freedoms. Especially free speech controlled by big tech (now embedded in high level positions in the new administration) and guns (with a potential "gun czar" on the horizon).

I'm also very concerned about my money. Everyone in finance is raving about Biden and his ginormous stimulus package (that's what she said) and how that is driving stocks up. That's nice in the short term I guess, but you can't keep creating trillions of stimulus every year with money that doesn't exist. No one on either side seems to care about this except Rand Paul, and everyone calls him a crackpot for it. We are going to see a big market dive, and I am too old to wait for a recovery if it's really bad.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2021, 08:55:18 AM »
Hopefully, the new administration won't be as horrible as we all are assuming.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2021, 08:57:15 AM »
Hahahaha that's the spirit.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2021, 09:00:12 AM »
Hopefully, the new administration won't be as horrible as we all are assuming.

Well, I just heard Joe Liberman on the teevee, and he said we can come together, just like we did after the civil war, so I guess that's the baseline fore the dems. Not all their fault I suppose - the MSM certainly made the last few weeks sound like conservatives were engaged in civil war. Optics, optics, optics.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2021, 09:09:11 AM »

griz

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2021, 09:17:56 AM »
No problems, and the media will report that as proof that the 25,000 24,998 loyal National Guard troops were necessary.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.