Author Topic: Inauguration day: predictions?  (Read 4927 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Inauguration day: predictions?
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2021, 09:23:13 AM »
Well, I just heard Joe Liberman on the teevee, and he said we can come together, just like we did after the civil war, so I guess that's the baseline fore the dems. Not all their fault I suppose - the MSM certainly made the last few weeks sound like conservatives were engaged in civil war. Optics, optics, optics.

A lefty in a Facebook group I follow, a few weeks ago was asking about doing a Civil War style Reconstruction on all those pesky red Trumpster areas.

<scowl>

I wonder how long before they make up a new constitution.  One enshrining current gender obsessions, and full of weasel words and slippery phrases.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2021, 09:31:20 AM »
A lefty in a Facebook group I follow, a few weeks ago was asking about doing a Civil War style Reconstruction on all those pesky red Trumpster areas.

<scowl>

I wonder how long before the make up a new constitution.  One enshrining current gender obsessions, and full of weasel words and slippery phrases.

They can call it "The Living Constitution" ... oh wait, we have one of those already  :lol:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2021, 10:04:44 AM »

<snip>

I wonder how long before they make up a new constitution.  One enshrining current gender obsessions, and full of weasel words and slippery phrases.

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I believe they fully intended to declare the COTUS null and void at some point.  It will be a few years from now, but they will do it.  In its place they will give us a brand new shiny COTUS full of inclusive "human rights" guaranteeing equality of outcomes and other cool stuff granted by the federal government.  The new COTUS can and will be amended at will by the government.  We, meaning the people or the individual states, will not have any input to the process at all.
We can't have any of those pesky bigoted and homophobic inalienable rights granted by our creator now, can we?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2021, 10:18:09 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2021, 10:50:38 AM »
As I mentioned in a previous thread, I believe they fully intended to declare the COTUS null and void at some point.  It will be a few years from now, but they will do it.  In its place they will give us a brand new shiny COTUS full of inclusive "human rights" guaranteeing equality of outcomes and other cool stuff granted by the federal government.  The new COTUS can and will be amended at will by the government.  We, meaning the people or the individual states, will not have any input to the process at all.
We can't have any of those pesky bigoted and homophobic inalienable rights granted by our creator now, can we?

Then we go to war and see who wins.

Once you accept that bloodshed and fire is how it's going to end, and the only variable is the timing, it's a lot harder to get worked up.  Either it'll burn down when I'm here to be involved, or it'll burn down after I'm gone.

There are worse ways to go than fighting for the Constitution, and hey, we might win.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2021, 11:05:38 AM »
More appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MUQsFjILMM

Mine had a super tanker's worth of sarcasm dump on it
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2021, 11:22:27 AM »
First false flag of the day: phone bomb threat to scotus, they are not evacuating.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2021, 11:23:20 AM »
After four years of TDS on the TV in full view, I didn't think the MSM could get any creepier. The fawning over Biden in the run up to the inauguration has proved me wrong.

The effusive talk of how he's "healing the nation" and tidbits like the lights framing the reflecting pool representing his arms embracing all of us is just nuts.

This is like Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing, but it's coming machine gun style every 10 seconds.

I promise not to duck.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2021, 11:23:49 AM »
I forget, what time does this happen so that I know when to go sit in the middle of the street and start wailing at the sky. I'm trying to avoid the news.
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2021, 11:26:57 AM »
I predict a lot of nodding off by Nappy Joe during the ceremonies . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2021, 11:35:25 AM »
This was a coup, albeit a very soft one. Sadly it still is the end of the Constitutional Republic.

Fake inauguration, they had to fill the Mall with flags instead of people, because the People are not aligned with this. Sheesh.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2021, 11:46:24 AM »
Saw a news article today on Fox that he plans to sign 17 EOs today to repeal Trump’s policies.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2021, 11:52:06 AM »
Saw a news article today on Fox that he plans to sign 17 EOs today to repeal Trump’s policies.

He was saying he planned on cancelling every single one of Trump's EOs.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2021, 11:52:42 AM »
After four years of TDS on the TV in full view, I didn't think the MSM could get any creepier. The fawning over Biden in the run up to the inauguration has proved me wrong.

The effusive talk of how he's "healing the nation" and tidbits like the lights framing the reflecting pool representing his arms embracing all of us is just nuts.

This is like Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing, but it's coming machine gun style every 10 seconds.

There was similar adulation when Bill Clinton's inauguration was going.  Repubs had the office for 12 years prior.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2021, 11:55:33 AM »
The Constitution is the document that created all of the offices they hold.  If that day comes, that means none of them have any legitimate authority. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2021, 11:56:25 AM »
This was a coup, albeit a very soft one. Sadly it still is the end of the Constitutional Republic.

Fake inauguration, they had to fill the Mall with flags instead of people, because the People are not aligned with this. Sheesh.

It COULD be the end of the constitutional republic. This blatant and obvious coup is at least a blow.

We'll see if they succeed in stalling the investigations until they can say "it's too late, it's all old new now"- which is their go to move. Because it works.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2021, 12:00:01 PM »
What investigations???
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2021, 12:00:27 PM »
What investigations???

Beat me to it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2021, 12:04:24 PM »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2021, 12:43:05 PM »
Well I guess it's back to America being just other country and nothing special. Province of China here we come.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2021, 12:45:10 PM »
What investigations???

At this point, what does it matter?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2021, 12:49:31 PM »
And remember when they said it was racist to mispronounce Kamala? It's okay when a lib does it.

THEIR RULES? Justice Sonia Sotomayor mispronounced Kamala Harris’ name at her swearing-in
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/20/their-rules-justice-sonia-sotomayor-mispronounced-kamala-harris-name-at-her-swearing-in/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2021, 12:58:21 PM »
And just like that "Not My President" is sedition
- Calvin and Hobbes