Author Topic: Not only can you NOT sue them...  (Read 4366 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Not only can you NOT sue them...
« on: August 16, 2013, 04:27:39 PM »
... they CAN sue you!   :police:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9207650

Paging Claire Wolfe... Claire Wolfe to the awkward phone, please!
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Not only can you NOT sue them...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 04:38:49 PM »
you might wanna research it a bit more  that story missed a few details     and there is the pesky detail that the dead guys sister,  the one who called the cops evacuated her kids and didn't tell the cops he was on a multi day bath salts binge?  is in fact suing.   oh yea  and her story? is that brother drank some bad tea that made him irritable.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 04:44:29 PM »
you might wanna research it a bit more  that story missed a few details     and there is the pesky detail that the dead guys sister,  the one who called the cops evacuated her kids and didn't tell the cops he was on a multi day bath salts binge?  is in fact suing.   oh yea  and her story? is that brother drank some bad tea that made him irritable.

Doesn't matter.

If it's some sort of conspiracy to entrap/assault, charge her.

It's immoral to have 1-way liability systems.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 04:56:23 PM »
you missed that she was in fact suing?
thats why i suggested a lil more research

your title is a bit off when you have that
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 04:58:29 PM »
you missed that she was in fact suing?
thats why i suggested a lil more research

your title is a bit off when you have that

Do you have a cite for your claim, or are you just blowing blue smoke?  Nothing in the article I linked says that the 911 caller is suing the deputy, or that the deputy's suit is a counter-suit to an originating suit.
--Lysander Spooner

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »
Yeah, so... I'm not seeing anything about her suing him at all.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 05:15:36 PM »
Do you have a cite for your claim, or are you just blowing blue smoke?  Nothing in the article I linked says that the 911 caller is suing the deputy, or that the deputy's suit is a counter-suit to an originating suit.
i need to go look at my facebook i had one of my REALLY  al jones connected friends post this earlier today . and i thought her link had sis in law filing suit since her bil never touched the cops  he was standing with his hands up.  the cop bit himself broke his own nose and gave himself a concussion.

i might have misremembered  i'll check after i feed the brats

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 05:20:42 PM »
So, your evidence is a Facebook post from someone who likes Alex jones, And you think that this post says the chick sued

Gotcha
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 05:25:46 PM »
So, your evidence is a Facebook post from someone who likes Alex jones, And you think that this post says the chick sued

Gotcha

no  she posted a link to a news story  with the usual tearing of garments and zomg
its one that has a video of sis in law saying he was unarmed never touched the cops.  the vid was special  if you find it before me post it
it mighta been from info wars.  i definitely don't go there before dinner

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 05:55:06 PM »
Not sure how that justifies a public safety worker suing a member of the populace
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 05:58:35 PM »
So, CSD has 100% derailed this thread with no proof.  Gotcha.

Moving on...
--Lysander Spooner

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 06:02:37 PM »
CssD, you know I will say so publicly if you are right and I'm wrong, I did not even read the article but it certainly seems like you blew it this time.

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 06:03:59 PM »
CssD, you know I will say so publicly if you are right and I'm wrong, I did not even read the article but it certainly seems like you blew it this time.

Agreed.  You provide proof, and I'll eat crow on this.  But stop the blue-protectionism until you've got proof.
--Lysander Spooner

brimic

• friends
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 06:22:12 PM »

Gotcha

I don't care what its about, that's teh awesumz post of the day. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 07:29:54 PM »

Gotcha
^win
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 07:38:34 PM »
The deputy says he was injured when she made that call from her subdivision. In this lawsuit, he claims the homeowner failed to adequately warn 9-1-1 of the dangerous situation he was walking into.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
Re: Re: Not only can you NOT sue them...
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 08:32:30 PM »
This could be interesting. If you or i walked into that her homeowners would settle. They might this time too. Just to avoid setting a precedent. Or they could fight it to get it established as case law. I'd bet settle to avoid risk and cost.

damn phone

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 08:37:02 PM »
The deputy says he was injured when she made that call from her subdivision. In this lawsuit, he claims the homeowner failed to adequately warn 9-1-1 of the dangerous situation he was walking into.

After dealing with a panic stricken county sheriff on a fire last year, I am getting more and more not impressed.  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Levant

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 11:31:41 PM »
"The deputy should know, if it's a 9-1-1 call, the deputy has to know it is a dangerous situation," KTRK legal analyst Joel Androphy said.

Androphy calls Deputy Pullen's lawsuit frivolous.

"It sends a bad message out there. And if this lawsuit succeeds, it basically shuts down 9-1-1 calls to some degree, because people will be afraid if they make the call they are going to get sued. And the sheriff should not condone this type of action," Androphy said.

The deputy should assume all 911 calls are dangerous.  And suing will end 911 calls.  The police are no longer an option for protection.  Of course they never were anyway.  Leave them safely in their precincts, on revenue/traffic duty, and taking reports when you defend yourself.  The police are who you call to do the paperwork after the emergency is over.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 10:22:16 AM »
The deputy should assume all 911 calls are dangerous.  And suing will end 911 calls.  The police are no longer an option for protection.  Of course they never were anyway.  Leave them safely in their precincts, on revenue/traffic duty, and taking reports when you defend yourself.  The police are who you call to do the paperwork after the emergency is over.

Or maybe not ...  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 11:25:21 AM »
The hell with getting sued.  How about getting shot?
 Too many cases of someone calling the cops for help and having their loved ones end up dead.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 06:49:17 PM »
In this Brave New World when cops sue the people who call them for help, maybe it will become SOP for homeowners to learn how to use a gun & bone saw, and to keep plenty of plastic bags on hand.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 07:23:01 PM »
maybe it will become SOP for homeowners to learn how to use a gun & bone saw, and to keep plenty of plastic bags on hand.

You may not even need the saw if you can learn how to disarticulate the body at the joints. Just a nice knife.  =|   ;)

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 06:39:16 AM »
Judging by Lawdog's writing and others, cops get into all sorts of weird and bad situations in their careers.  Allowing them to sue sets up a very bad precedent.  Also, cops generally are provided protection by their city and their union and have a general presumption of respect by the public.  What is left of that if they start suing?

What are the cop's actual damages anyway?  His health care is covered.  He can't say his job is peaceful with no chance of violence. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 08:59:35 AM »
And that's the end of this one.   Advocating illegal activity is not allowed at APS.   Idgits.  :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”