Author Topic: Piling on -- Boeing Department  (Read 123 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Piling on -- Boeing Department
« on: May 09, 2024, 11:38:10 PM »
The Daily Mail is making a YUUUGE deal about three incidents involving Boeing aircraft, as if the make of the planes might have had anything to do with it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13399941/THREE-Boeing-crash-landings-two-days-Terrified-passengers-scramble-escape-burning-jet-Senegal-tyre-explodes-737-landing-Turkey-24-hours-nose-gear-failure-caused-767-slam-runway.html

Well into the article, they finally acknowledge that

There is no suggestion Boeing are to blame for the crashes, and the cause of the Senegal crash is not yet known.

But the incidents will only compound woes for the company which is already facing intense scrutiny amid a string of mishaps and controversy over safety concerns - as well as the deaths of two whistleblowers just two months apart.

Why should it in any way affect Boeing -- unless the media (such as the Daily Mail) make it appear that Boeing is at fault because FedEx didn't maintain the front landing gear on a ten-year-old airframe, or that a tire blew out, or that the pilots drove a 737-300 (God! how old must THAT be?) off the runway.

Does the Daily Mail own a stake in Airbus?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Piling on -- Boeing Department
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 01:13:16 AM »
According to what I remember from watching "Mayday," Boeing's had severe mysterious problems with the 737's rudder control system, so no wonder the stinkeye's been on them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_rudder_issues.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 10:51:24 AM »
According to what I remember from watching "Mayday," Boeing's had severe mysterious problems with the 737's rudder control system, so no wonder the stinkeye's been on them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_rudder_issues.

I thought the culprit was found and those problems were corrected some years ago.  I was living in COS when one of the affected 737s crashed north of Fountain on approach to the Springs airport.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 11:17:16 AM »
The rudder problem swung eyeballs in their direction and apparently the piling on continues.  IIRC, they thought they had the problem fixed but it happened again.  The third time the pilot recovered and the plane landed and the fundamental problem with the rudder servo valve was finally isolated and resolved.

Sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfFizjhYFog (50:19)

There are lots of articles on the matter and it seems like each article / video / blurb generates two more articles / videos / blurbs.

E.g., this thread and the OP's link.

Boeing's carried millions of passengers safely, but when things like that happen to happen, more and more eyeballs swivel.

Terry, 230RN

TEST
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 01:38:01 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2024, 08:25:18 PM »
I would still rather be on a Boeing aircraft than a Tupolev or Ilyushin aircraft!

Granted Boeing may be having a few credibility issues right now but a 10 year old plane having a nose gear issue is not their issue, the people side eyeing Boeing needs to look at each particular airline and their maintenance procedures and hiring policies before hopping on the bash Boeing train.

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2024, 09:39:51 PM »
Granted Boeing may be having a few credibility issues right now but a 10 year old plane having a nose gear issue is not their issue, the people side eyeing Boeing needs to look at each particular airline and their maintenance procedures and hiring policies before hopping on the bash Boeing train.

That was supposed to be my point. Obviously I didn't convey the point clearly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2024, 10:05:13 PM »
Boeing released information this week that it will be taking the lead to quash these unreliability rumors. The aircraft manufacturer announced a bold plan drawing attention to their robust aircraft with a planned flight to the moon!

A 787 is being outfitted for the trip with long range fuel cells in the passenger cabin and cargo holds. As soon as this solar eruption event subsides, it will fly out of the earth's atmosphere, orbit the moon 2 times, and return the crew to an unnamed Nevada airfield.

Boeing representatives concluded the announcement by saying that the flight crew will be hand picked from regular employees and contractors who have recently been seen speaking with the press.
7-11 was a part time job.