Author Topic: Nashville Elementary School Shooting  (Read 9741 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Nashville Elementary School Shooting
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2023, 08:02:50 AM »
Holy hell:

AOC at 3:25 in case you need more reason to despise her, and Brandon at 11:05.

The rest of the video makes some good points.

https://youtu.be/ClnIVdxPTUE
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2023, 09:48:48 AM »
Holy hell:

AOC at 3:25 in case you need more reason to despise her, and Brandon at 11:05.

The rest of the video makes some good points.

https://youtu.be/ClnIVdxPTUE
AOC has become a parody of herself beyond anything the Babylon Bee could produce . . . I mean, every time she opens her mouth she unleashes a tsunami of verbal idiocy . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2023, 10:30:59 AM »

If mental health is tied to guns in such a way that an anonymous tip or a political doctor can make a call and you lose everything the solution will be obvious. No one with a gun will seek mental health care ever. I already don't. The bodycount, mostly suicide, will be enormous.

Years ago -- at least 15, and probably closer to 20 -- someone posted on a forum that no longer exists that anyone seeking any sort of mental health counseling or treatment should go to a shrink or counselor in another city, use an assumed name, and pay in cash. That suggestion was remarkably prescient.

[Edit to add] I discovered a while ago that I can't even trust the chaplains at the VA hospital. Two or three years ago, after one of many rounds of my adult adopted daughter complaining because I didn't send her money every time she asked for it, I stopped by the chaplains' office and had a chat with one of the chaplains about whether I was a bad person because I wasn't willing to put myself in hock to send money to an unappreciative daughter who has never acted like she was part of the family -- except when she wanted money.

A few months ago, in perusing my VA medical records on-line when looking for a report on a medical issue, I discovered that the chaplain had entered the details of my discussion into my medical record, so it's right there for anyone in the VA healthcare system to read. Needless to say, I won't be discussing anything with a VA chaplain again.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 10:46:32 AM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2023, 10:32:42 AM »
The proper response to any metal health red flag laws, OMG she bought guns while being treated etc is extreme pushback from any gun owner. Someone is a danger to themselves or others and a call is made they need an immediate response, they need a same day bed in a mental facility but any restriction of rights after the immediate crisis has to be actual due process, not take the guns away or lock you up and decide the legal why later.

If mental health is tied to guns in such a way that an anonymous tip or a political doctor can make a call and you lose everything the solution will be obvious. No one with a gun will seek mental health care ever. I already don't. The bodycount, mostly suicide, will be enormous.

French is right.  There are clear legal lines that need to be maintained on the whole "Mental Illness so let's restrict their rights" thing.  As gun owners we should be at the frontline of holding those lines or, to paraphrase RKL in another thread: read the proposed rules with the worst possible intent, implementation and application you can imagine.  I also wholeheartedly agree with French that if you are so mentally ill, such a danger to yourself or others, the appropriate call is mental health treatment, not restricting of rights and a hearty "Good Luck", but that's a different problem in America.

For the record, here is the actual rules on question 11f on a 4473:

Question 11.f. Adjudicated as a Mental Defective: A determination by a court,
board, commission, or other lawful authority that a person, as a result of marked
subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease: (1) is
a danger to himself or to others; or (2) lacks the mental capacity to contract or
manage his own affairs. This term shall include: (1) a finding of insanity by a court
in a criminal case; and (2) those persons found incompetent to stand trial or found not
guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility.

Committed to a Mental Institution: A formal commitment of a person to a mental
institution by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority. The term
includes a commitment to a mental institution involuntarily. The term includes
commitment for mental defectiveness or mental illness. It also includes commitments
for other reasons, such as for drug use. The term does not include a person in a
mental institution for observation or a voluntary admission to a mental institution.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2023, 01:19:19 PM »
Apparently Adam Kinzinger can both like guns, then not like guns, and his opinion means more than yours because he was in the military. I actually don't care about his change on guns, as plenty of people go in the other direction as well. The "military opinions mean more" is what sticks in my craw.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/03/29/highly-evolved-gun-grabber-adam-kinzinger-doesnt-appreciate-tweeters-blast-from-the-past/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2023, 01:43:34 PM »
Well, this is special. I guess a lot of people don't know that women have had prominent roles in American churches and schools since well before anyone was talking about feminism.

https://twitchy.com/artistangie-313138/2023/03/29/the-ap-headline-about-nashville-christian-school-leader-deserves-the-ratio/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2023, 01:57:50 PM »
Well, this is special. I guess a lot of people don't know that women have had prominent roles in American churches and schools since well before anyone was talking about feminism.

https://twitchy.com/artistangie-313138/2023/03/29/the-ap-headline-about-nashville-christian-school-leader-deserves-the-ratio/
I attended Catholic school during the 60's for grades 1-8. The principals (went through two) were both female during that time.

The best comment at the link - "How ever much you loathe the press, it isn't enough."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2023, 02:16:10 PM »
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/03/29/katie-hobbs-press-secretary-tweet-about-guns-and-transphobes-n2621244

Arizona media outlets reported Wednesday afternoon that Arizona Governor Katie Hobbs' press secretary had resigned under public pressure following a vile tweet that appeared to encourage violence against "transphobes."

At least it's nice to hear that calling for violence against us "transphobes" is frowned upon. It's like we have a right to exist, or something.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2023, 02:31:44 PM »
The Lotus Eaters weigh in, and make some valid points:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=451doy5M5MA  (interesting data at 2:03)

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2023, 02:37:39 PM »
Since they're not releasing the manifesto, does that mean we can assume it was about trans "vengeance"?

Or could it mean she accused someone at the school of molesting her, when she was a child, and the authorities don't want to just throw that out there?

Or could there be an accomplice still at large?

Or is there a better explanation?

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2023, 03:03:03 PM »
This tragedy will be memory-holed shortly.  Perp wasn't a cis-gendered white male.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2023, 03:15:48 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2023, 04:07:51 PM »
https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/news-truly-disturbing-trans-rights-else-shirts-amazon-spark-outrage-wake-nashville-shooting

There are still other sites where you can buy that shirt.

I'd happily wear a shirt with similar imagery, that said something like, "American rights, or else." (Or "human rights," what-have-you.) It's when obviously crazy people demand that everyone respect their crazy, or they'll start shooting, that we start to have a problem.

Also, sorry, they're not sorry:
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2023/03/29/trans-activists-call-for-more-blood-after-nashville-shooting-n1682475
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 04:26:15 PM by Perd Hapley »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2023, 04:42:44 PM »
Jeremy is reporting over 50 Christian/Catholic schools are on lockdown due to to threats

Over 50 Schools Now LOCKED DOWN After Things Escalate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV1gvHGYREo
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2023, 05:14:14 PM »
If I was retired I’d love to volunteer as (discreetly) armed security for Christian schools.  Be a dad-like presence in addition to being able to respond instantly to an active shooter.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2023, 05:15:11 PM »
Controversial group behind 'Trans Day of Vengeance' raised money for firearms training - as other trans protestors pose with guns ahead of march in DC on Saturday
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11915513/Controversial-group-Trans-Day-Vengeance-raised-money-firearms-training.html

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2023, 05:21:26 PM »
Controversial group behind 'Trans Day of Vengeance' raised money for firearms training - as other trans protestors pose with guns ahead of march in DC on Saturday
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11915513/Controversial-group-Trans-Day-Vengeance-raised-money-firearms-training.html

Yup, nothing to see there.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2023, 05:31:47 PM »
Yup, nothing to see there.

Wish a mother *expletive deleted*er would…
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2023, 05:36:17 PM »
Think DC will try to enforce their gun laws on them?
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2023, 05:36:24 PM »
Funny how the message starts with "defense", but ends with talk about not showing mercy like they will do the attacking.  So crazy they can't even make that make sense.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2023, 05:40:22 PM »
Could go nuclear if someone accidentally uses the wrong pronoun. Cause, you know, using the wrong pronoun is violence.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2023, 05:57:19 PM »
Babylon Bee headlines that are almost too true

Media Calls For Moment Of Silence For Shooter Who Was Misgendered
https://babylonbee.com/news/media-calls-for-moment-of-silence-for-shooter-who-was-misgendered

FBI Vows To Get To The Bottom Of What Christians Did To Provoke Attack
https://babylonbee.com/news/fbi-vows-to-get-to-the-bottom-of-what-christians-did-to-provoke-attack

Progressives Across Nation Locked Out Of Accounts After CAPTCHA Asks 'Select All Squares That Contain A Woman'
https://babylonbee.com/news/progressive-locked-out-of-bank-account-after-captcha-prompt-select-all-the-squares-that-contain-a-woman
- Calvin and Hobbes