Author Topic: NY EMT's intervene to stop cops who were beating a handcuffed man on a stretcher  (Read 3698 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/05/emts-stop-nypd-brutality_n_5651756.html

I've been following a discussion a couple of retired NYPD officers have been having on incidents like this. It's amazing how incredibly poorly trained the nearly 40,000 NYPD cops are.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

brimic

• friends
They were just 'serving and protecting' the man and the EMTs are lucky they didn't get served and protected as well for trying to interfere with the police simply trying to get home safely at the end of the day.
If the city of NY wanted police to stop their brutality, they would have already.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
It's amazing how incredibly poorly trained the nearly 40,000 NYPD cops are.

Don't know if you know this, but I believe the starting pay for an NYPD cop is something on the order of $21k a year.

Even in areas with cheap living costs you don't get good people for 21k a year...fresh SO deputies down here start at around 32k in most cases. Pay *expletive deleted*it, and you get *expletive deleted*it. Poor pay, poor training, having to deal with NYC, I can't imagine why anyone in there right mind would go for the NYPD.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
http://www.nypdrecruit.com/benefits-salary/overview

Almost $ 45,000 per year for a rookie NYPD cop after leaving the academy.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
http://www.nypdrecruit.com/benefits-salary/overview

Almost $ 45,000 per year for a rookie NYPD cop after leaving the academy.

Not counting OT. > six figures is routine.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
NYPD has no monoploy on serving and protcting the hell out of people.

http://www.newson6.com/story/26209978/two-tulsa-police-officers-arrested-after-fatal-shooting
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• friends
Ah I see it's been increased. Talked with a retired NYPD officer a few months ago who said that when he retired a few years ago the base pay was around the $21k mark for new hires. I was rather shocked it was that low, and that was around 4-6 years ago he said.

Even 45k is pretty shitty in NYC. That's a city that defines high cost of living. Pay *expletive deleted*it, get *expletive deleted*it, and it doesn't help that the administration doesn't care about providing actual leadership. It's a recipe for disaster.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.

http://www.newson6.com/story/26209978/two-tulsa-police-officers-arrested-after-fatal-shooting

Yes, but those two are now on administrative leave.  NYPD has only said they're "investigating,"  which of course means "looking for something we can use as an excuse."

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?

At least they seem to have moved on from anally raping people, and let NM pick up that mantle.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
The criminals with badges need to be arrested, charged, perp walked and tried. Just like any other gang would be if this happened. LE is one big gang.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

zxcvbob

• friend
The criminals with badges need to be arrested, charged, perp walked and tried. Just like any other gang would be if this happened. LE is one big gang.

Arrested by whom?
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
Arrested by whom?
The good cops we're constantly assured make up 99.9% of the force, of course.  ;/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
The good cops we're constantly assured make up 99.9% of the force, of course.  ;/

I'll take "What does not and never did exist for $1000, Alex"
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Yes, but those two are now on administrative leave.  NYPD has only said they're "investigating,"  which of course means "looking for something we can use as an excuse."

That would be PAID adminstrative leave...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
My 5ft wife has to deal with inappropriate patients like this every once in a while.  Usually requires one or more of the big pt assts and some rudimentary gear to get the spitters under control.  When she has a potential spitter or such she makes good and sure dude is restrained and that the patient assistants have all the appropriate gear.

A good pa was fired for getting overly aggressive in dealing with a spitter and he went no where near the "beat him while he is shackles and on the gurney" level of aggression.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
My 5ft wife has to deal with inappropriate patients like this every once in a while.  Usually requires one or more of the big pt assts and some rudimentary gear to get the spitters under control.

Ring gag and pink leather shock collar?

Wheel them through the halls in that, and see how many of their "mental health issues" are so bad they don't figure out how to behave soon.

MechAg94

• friend
Lesson:  Don't spit on underpaid cops.  It might hurt.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
Lesson:  Don't spit on underpaid cops.  It might hurt.

Better lesson. If you cant do a job right, for the pay you agreed to, quit.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:06:01 PM by Battle Monkey of Zardoz »

Abraham Lincoln

zxcvbob

• friend
Better lesson. If you can['t] do a job right, for the pay you agreed to, quit.

Those are not mutually-exclusive lessons.
"It's good, though..."

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
Huh, I'm pretty underpaid for my experience level. Guess that means I can beat the crap out of tenants who annoy me. Score!

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
Huh, I'm pretty underpaid for my experience level. Guess that means I can beat the crap out of tenants who annoy me. Score!

And then in investigate your self to see if you need to be charged. Score!

Abraham Lincoln

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
And as an electrician-in-progress, you can figure out some way to improvise a Taser and use it on yourself for attitude adjustment!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

tokugawa

• friend
Now in just a few years, where do you suppose all those newly naturalized US citizens , indebted to the Zero, and lacking all cultural ties with the US (us) are going to be employed? My bet is in Federal Policing Agencies.
 bonus points if you remember who Stalin used to enforce the law on unruly citizens---

Boomhauer

• friends
NYPD, and most other big city PDs, are like the McDonald's of LE agencies. Shitty leadership = crappy employees who do stupid *expletive deleted*.

The retired NYPD guy I talked to said the administration is stuck in the 1970s with the added fun of political correctness and affirmative action. You're not going to get good results when the bosses don't care about the job. With McDonalds, it results in an idiot who can't understand the difference between a chicken sandwich and a cheeseburger...with LE agencies it results in cases like this. When there is no real control over the employees there is no control over their actions.

Now in just a few years, where do you suppose all those newly naturalized US citizens , indebted to the Zero, and lacking all cultural ties with the US (us) are going to be employed

Affirmitive action, and consider where the NYPD got its start...Irish immigrants.

Everything old is new again...

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
Problem is that it's not just the NYPD. The problem is LE wide.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:06:36 PM by Battle Monkey of Zardoz »

Abraham Lincoln