Author Topic: NY EMT's intervene to stop cops who were beating a handcuffed man on a stretcher  (Read 3699 times)

brimic

• friends
At least they seem to have moved on from anally raping people, and let NM pick up that mantle.

Anal rape is so 2nd and 3rd tier city cop. Curb stomping is what the cool cops are doing these days.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Problem is hat it's not just the NYPD. The problem is LE wide.

Better lesson. If you can do a job right, for the pay you agreed to, quit.

Sticky "t" key?   =D

Lazy left index finger?
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Sticky "t" key?   =D

Lazy left index finger?

That. Or iphone auto incorrect is happening.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Now in just a few years, where do you suppose all those newly naturalized US citizens , indebted to the Zero, and lacking all cultural ties with the US (us) are going to be employed? My bet is in Federal Policing Agencies.
bonus points if you remember who Stalin used to enforce the law on unruly citizens---

Stalin/Lenin/the Tsars would bring in asiatics to pummel the euros.  

A general tactic of autocrats for millenia: get ethnic outsiders to do the autocrat's dirty work of repression, tax collection, etc. because the outsiders are happy to shaft the locals.  In the far east, it was overseas chinese (vietnam, PI, maylasia, etc.)  In africa and lots of the middle east, indians from the sub-continent.  In europe it was the jews.  The locals eventually get tired of the middlemen minorities kicking them in the face, get angry, get organized, and give the middlemen minorities the boot/machete/bullet.  Sometimes the autocrats get theirs, sometimes they are deft enough to avoid blame.  
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
If the city of NY wanted police to stop their brutality, they would have already.

That is the whole problem with our governments; local, state, and federal. We want them to have far more power than they should, and we let them abuse it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Stalin/Lenin/the Tsars would bring in asiatics to pummel the euros.  

A general tactic of autocrats for millenia: get ethnic outsiders to do the autocrat's dirty work of repression, tax collection, etc. because the outsiders are happy to shaft the locals.  In the far east, it was overseas chinese (vietnam, PI, maylasia, etc.)  In africa and lots of the middle east, indians from the sub-continent.  In europe it was the jews.  The locals eventually get tired of the middlemen minorities kicking them in the face, get angry, get organized, and give the middlemen minorities the boot/machete/bullet.  Sometimes the autocrats get theirs, sometimes they are deft enough to avoid blame.  

I was unaware of the Jews ever been sought out or given power in Europe. Do you have a cite for that, sounds interesting.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
I was unaware of the Jews ever been sought out or given power in Europe. Do you have a cite for that, sounds interesting.

IIRC, the Jews in Europe where often the source of credit (Christians being forbade to do such by ban on charging interest from the Church) in Europe.

Control of money = power quite often, even if unintentionally. 
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

IIRC, the Jews in Europe where often the source of credit (Christians being forbade to do such by ban on charging interest from the Church) in Europe.

Control of money = power quite often, even if unintentionally

What Sindawe wrote.  I would caution against thinking of Jews (or any ethnic group) as not having an essentially "human" human nature.  Humans like power, status, and influence.  Such are struggled over and rarely just fall into someone's lap without a great deal of effort on the part of the lap's owner.

============

Thomas Sowell gives the best description of what he calls "middlemen minorities" in several of his books.  Yeah, that doesn't really narrow it down, given his could-choke-a-goat bibliography:
http://www.tsowell.com/writings.html

Sowell has a series of Q&As on youtube I can not reach from where I sit.  Seven or more, IIRC.

WikiculturalmarxistPedia even has an entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middleman_minority

Sowell and many others take a delicate approach, fearing accusations of antisemitism, delving into the economic aspects of mmm without illuminating the implications of economic success, liquid assets, and a culture/ethny alien to the locals.  Some of those aspects involve a close association with the local powers, be they feudal lords, satraps, or emperors, the exercise of that power, and the de facto and de jure status that came with all that.  MMMs in general and Jews in particular were in such a capacity from the Ottoman Empire (& pre-Ottoman despotic regimes going back to the Persians) west through Europe to the British Isles.  Not sure about the nordic areas on the north side of the Baltic.

A summary of how it worked can be read here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_Jew
It has a listing of resources for greater detail.  It does get some things wrong, such as the blanket prohibition of Jews from owning land before the enlightenment.  True in some times and places, not true in others.  (A disinclination on the part of the Jewish subculture for real assets and an affinity for liquid assets is shared by other mmm even where mmm ownership of property is hunky-dory.  If there is a history of your sort being given the boot, wealth in a portable format has much going for it...)

Probably the best place to start for a soup-to-nuts history of the Jews is Paul Johnson's A History of the Jews:
http://www.amazon.com/A-History-Jews-Paul-Johnson/dp/0060915331
Johnson also treads lightly and has only small passages on the political power of Jews in Europe, but it is a fine source for the larger context...which helps the reader keep his head on straight when tackling stickier issues in detail.  Johnson is a terrific history writer and the book will keep your attention.

If you google on this topic you are going to find a whole lot of chaff.  Some chaff will be tinfoil hatter and/or rather ignorant and irrational antisemitic drek.  The other chaff is the odd form of Tourette Syndrome where instead of spouting off into obscenity in nearly every conversation, the author spouts off into accusations of antisemitism.  Both sorts of chaff involve much accusation and heat (little data and light) and focus on the weakest/extremest portions of their opponents' positions.  The accusations are why Sowell and others are much more forthcoming about non-Jewish mmm.  Similar mmm characteristics, but less risk of career suicide when talking about, say, Indians in Africa.

Least controversial place to start would be histories of post-Roman Europe that focus on the dynasty and court of particular potentates.  Austria, Spain, Portugal come to mind.  Pretty dry stuff, plenty of politics and such and usually written by academics not interested in a good read. (The Abravanel family in Spain & Portugal are an interesting study in the entry, rise, and expulsion.)

Another resource are triumphalist histories of Jews written by Jews.  Similar to some of the triumphalist literature written about America, the Irish, etc.  Extended and more or less academic renditions of "America, Eff Yeah!," "How the Irish Saved Civilization," and the like.  Such histories of Jews written by non-Jews are usually met with praise.  Things get prickly (for Jewish and non-Jewish writers) if the author then goes to case studies and things get really ugly if the author then tries to generalize.  (Jewish writers who go too far off the reservation get slapped about, too.)  I can provide some examples of professional seppuku following this pattern.

HTH.  It is an interesting topic, one best approached from a broad perspective and then narrowing down.  Start with Paul Johnson and then work your way into it would be my suggestion.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
With McDonalds, it results in an idiot who can't understand the difference between a chicken sandwich and a cheeseburger...

Now you've gotten me started on McDonalds. My pet peeve is when I walk into the "restaurant" and place my order at the indoor counter -- which is usually less than 15 or 20 feet from the take-out/drive-thru window. They're supposed to ask each counter customer if the order is for "dine" in or take-out, but they usually forget. Which is fine, except why -- when they forget to ask -- is the default to ring it up as take-out.

Hello! I didn't go through the drive-thru for a reason.

Heck, yesterday the shift supervisor waited on me. He didn't ask so I told him, 'This is for here."

He rang it up as take-out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
Jews were forbidden from most professions in Europe and often couldn't own land which was the normal sign of wealth.  They loaned money and had monetary wealth because they couldn't accumulate lands.  I guess jewelry would be included. 

I don't know about a power bases, but Jews were often blamed when things went wrong.  Partly also because they were often forced to live apart so they were those strange people in the ghetto.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge