Author Topic: China now has the world's largest economy, overtaking US  (Read 2577 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
China now has the world's largest economy, overtaking US
« on: October 08, 2014, 12:28:03 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/china-overtakes-us-as-worlds-largest-economy-2014-10

Given how shaky the Chi-Coms economy is, that's a rather sad commentary on our state. Interesting times...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: China now has the world's largest economy, overtaking US
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 12:33:13 PM »
Hey wait one cotton-pickin' minute!  I thought this wasn't suppose to happen until ...like, 2020, man!.
WHAT HAPPENED? ? ?? ? ? ?
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 12:40:36 PM »
Hey wait one cotton-pickin' minute!  I thought this wasn't suppose to happen until ...like, 2020, man!.

You're confusing the date our economy loses to the ChiComs with the date our economy crashes under the weight of Baby Boomers trying to claim their Social Security ponzi prize.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 01:01:18 PM »

Liberals and their administrative policy making.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 03:44:34 PM »
I've heard it said that size isn't everything . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 04:15:43 PM »
Obama happened.

Twice.

:'(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 09:12:53 AM »
Obama happened.

Twice.

:'(
Well, that and the Republican leadership decided not to be an opposition party anymore.
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 11:22:46 AM »

Headline is ... inaccurate.

It is simply that China's purchasing power has surpassed America's purchase power. Because our stuff is more expensive. Analogy is someone making $100k in the boonies versus someone making $100k in Silicon Valley or San Fran. Neither is technically richer, one can just buy more stuff for the money they have.

US would be the guy making $100k in San Fran.

We have more money (larger economy) but can buy less with it than China. Due to taxes, inflation, high cost of living, etc.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 01:49:10 PM »
China's crash is going to make our problems look like a Chuck-e-cheese play date. Problems so big you start a war to keep you citizenry in line.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 02:47:10 PM »
China's crash is going to make our problems look like a Chuck-e-cheese play date. Problems so big you start a war to keep you citizenry in line.

China crashing ----> Walmart folding  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 12:54:50 PM »
China crashing ----> Walmart folding  =D

And damn near every other general merchandiser in the US.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2014, 01:01:59 PM »
China crashing ----> Walmart folding  =D

Well ... they'd have to scramble to get up manufacturers in other places.
I'd suggest America.
But I don't think our current Washington DC overlords would agree ..... [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 11:53:34 PM »

Well ... they'd have to scramble to get up manufacturers in other places.
I'd suggest America.
But I don't think our current Washington DC overlords would agree ..... [tinfoil]

Already are

http://corporate.walmart.com/global-responsibility/us-manufacturing
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 06:06:24 AM »
Really not getting the Wal-mart hate here in this thread or in general. There are two stores open at 3am when I go shopping. Wal-mart and Martin's. I go to Martin's when I'm after fresh vegetables or hippie food. Otherwise I go to Wal-mart. I am in general a xenophobic shopper and limit my made in China purchases. I can say the 70% of my food comes from Wal-mart and 0% of it is Chinese in origin. If I can't figure out where the food is produced and packed, I don't buy. Would love to see stronger country of origin labeling, especially on store brands.  It's a freaking store. There is no good to come out of the leftist anti-Walmart BS. Don't like the 300lb girls in size 6 stretch pants? Shop at 3am, it's me and the night stockers.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 10:37:22 AM »
Wal-mart hate

Wow, one little joke is "hate"  ???

We shop at Walmart a lot.  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zahc

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 09:51:13 PM »
I just bought 5/64ths 6013 welding rod at Walmart. ..7.50 a pound. It's an odd size. I didn't expect to find welding rod at all much less 5/64ths.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 10:47:41 AM »
I just bought 5/64ths 6013 welding rod at Walmart. ..7.50 a pound. It's an odd size. I didn't expect to find welding rod at all much less 5/64ths.

Yeah, but I bet they don't have 11/128  :P