Author Topic: More on ... Your papers!  (Read 1128 times)

LAK

• friend
More on ... Your papers!
« on: December 01, 2006, 01:41:14 AM »
Yes, we all knew they were right all along - and we still know of course that illegals will have to have one just like everyone else Wink

Remember to keep your new ausweiss with you at all times; to be caught and questioned without it will lead to some inconvenience you know.

Don't forget to take a day off work, and dig into your pocket - yet again - for, the Homeland calls it's children hither...

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/112706kvuedriverslicensechanges-eh.3050bcea.html

Drivers license changes will cost you time -- and money
11:38 PM CST on Monday, November 27, 2006
By Nancy Holland / KHOU

[Click to watch video]

Beware. Big changes are coming for anyone with a Texas drivers license or state ID.

If you thought you could avoid the lines at the DMV and renew by mail -- think again.

A new federal law will force you to renew the license in person.

Beginning in 2008, every driver will have to get a new license -- even if their old one hasn't expired.

Right now states have different requirements to get a license.

But Congress, driven by Homeland Security concerns, recently passed the Real ID act. That means Texas will have the same standards as California, New York and all the other states.

Right now, a new Texas license costs $24. That may seem like a bargain under the new federal law because it didn't give states money to make changes.

That is up to Texas to figure out.

"We have anticipated a very rough estimate of $167 million the first year and $101 million every year thereafter," said Judy Brown with the DPS Driver's License Division.

It won't just cost money -- it will cost you time.

You won't be able to renew online or even change your address. That means the DMV lines will likely be out the door and around the building.

In January, DPS will go to the legislature to ask for 500 more people to handle the load.

"In the future, we'll have to reprocess all your credentials. We're anticipating the time will quadruple," said Brown.

"The standing in line part is going to be difficult but I think as long as we have secruity, we can't have enough security," said Sheryl Young, a Texas driver.

Whether you think it's worth it, doesn't really matter. Not only do you need the license to drive -- you won't be able to get on an airplane without the Real ID.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: More on ... Your papers!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 02:33:11 AM »
I recently renewed my driver's license (after driving 3 weeks on an expired one).  It took my eight minutes and forty-five seconds.  I got an state ID card as well and paid all of $39 for everything and I'm a valid driver until 2012. grin

Texicanos have no grounds to bitch.  Everytime I am there, especially this year in Dallas, I see wall to wall Mexican labor working for peanuts doing the real work that Texans will not do, inlcuding cutting Glock-o-matic's grass for his home owners' association.  If they don't want to stand in line, they may have to cut their own grass.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 03:34:16 AM »
don't you mean:

"I see wall to wall Mexican labor working for peanuts doing the real work that Texans will not do ... for peanuts".

And why should they?

Why should Texans, or Montanans or any other citizens of this country work for peanuts just because someone(s) with foreign allegiences has allowed and facilitated this big cheap foreign labor pool to take hold here in the first place?

Who is footing the bill for the medical care and other services out of our public purse for these people? The county hospitals? .. The business owners actually paying the peanuts to these people?

If it actually takes all these peanut paid workers to build a civilized, cultured, educated and prosperous first world country, where were all these citizenship-freeloaders forty years ago when the average Texan had to "do the real work" .. "for peanuts" .. and the United States of America was still "a poor uncivilized uncultured uneducated developing second class" nation?

How many of these citizenship-freeloaders will be required to pay the $39.00 for a DL and Real ID? Who is going to pay the bills resulting from the traffic accidents they have? The injuries? The property damages?

The peanut paying business owners?

----------------------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 04:31:53 AM »
I'm sure someone in the racial pandering business will have the appropriate lawsuits filed to claim this is discriminitaory against 1). minorities 2).undocumented workers  3). poopr people.

We'll be able to continue as-is for another 8 years until it clears through the court systems at a hefty cost to the taxpayers, at which time it'll be so completely unwieldy it'll have to be scrapped for something entirely new, then repeat the pandering process.

Regards,
Rabbit.

To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

crt360

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 01:27:03 PM »
I'm sure someone in the racial pandering business will have the appropriate lawsuits filed to claim this is discriminitaory against 1). minorities 2).undocumented workers  3). poopr people.
Yes, we wouldn't want to discriminate against the poopr people.   laugh  Sorry, after dealing with upset clients and serious problems all day, my brain is eager to find humor and that just made me laugh.  I hope you're right about the delay, it seems like I just got mine renewed within the last year or so.

El T, do they not have the unlimited supply of undocumented workers in Indiana yet?  I guess it's like killer bees and fire ants - they'll make it up there eventually.  Not all of us have found a good use for them.  Besides, most of the Mexican lawn skills workers work for lawn mowing operations that charge more than neighborhood kids and don't do nearly as good a job.  You probably also noticed while you were down here that they have made it standard operating procedure to blow all grass clippings, leaves and trash from whatever yard or business they just mowed into the middle of the street or adjacent property, whichever is easier - lazy POS.
For entertainment purposes only.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 01:40:12 PM »
Ugh...sorry...I've been working from home a lot in the last couple of months and the cats always want to help me type. I've also been lax on spellchecking and proofreading.

In retrospect, it's probably more accurate as it stands.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 04:16:17 AM »
Cats are notorious bad spellers and worse typists.

How many did you evacuate when you moved?  I think that any left behind have been eaten by predators or catured by animal control, as I see few kitty cats in the neighborhood these days.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton