Author Topic: Why do people think the KKK is illegal?  (Read 1107 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Why do people think the KKK is illegal?
« on: January 10, 2014, 07:15:26 PM »
I was watching a video, in which someone described a certain organization as "a legalized Ku Klux Klan." It reminded me of a comment someone made several years ago, revealing that she thought the Klan was an illegal organization.

What's up with that?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Why do people think the KKK is illegal?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 09:30:04 PM »
[Carlin] Think of how stupid the average person is then realize that half of everybody is stupider than that[/Carlin]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 10:54:22 PM »
People think "that ought to be illegal" and then immediately assume it is, because, as RKL says, people are dumb.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 11:02:00 PM »
It has to do with wearing white after Labor Day mostly.

But yeah most people think out has to do with the racism and burning crosses etc.
I promise not to duck.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 11:06:45 PM »
[Carlin] Think of how stupid the average person is then realize that half of everybody is stupider than that[/Carlin]

Unfortunately, so true.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 11:12:58 PM »

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that a smart guy like Carlin didn't know the difference between mean and median.  :P

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 11:56:11 AM »
Some people equate "unsavory" with "illegal" . . . which in regard to organizations is true in some countries, but, thankfully, not ours.

Yet.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 05:26:12 PM »
Considering that many public and private entities have speech codes and hate speech rules, I am not surprised that people believe this.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.