Author Topic: Why do people do this?  (Read 2508 times)

De Selby

• friend
Re: Why do people do this?
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2015, 12:56:05 AM »

I'm not one to advocate hot pursuit of failed home invaders, but on the other hand, I don't think anyone here suggested we just go out and wantonly shoot them, either.

I'm actually somewhat sympathetic to that shopkeeper in Oklahoma who executed a wounded armed robber a year or two ago.  (He was convicted of murder)
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2015, 01:22:40 AM »
Sympathetic is not the same thing as advocating or condoning.
"It's good, though..."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2015, 01:51:27 AM »
Hey, if we're going to pull WA hypotheticals out of our fourth point....  Then how's about this one.

Someone attempts to break into your home.   Hearing the noise of the goblin IN your house, you grab your heater and head off to position yourself between the goblin and your loved ones.  Goblin sees/hears you and bolts for the door, exiting your home.  You don't have a good shot, so you check fire, getting off zero shots.  You also do not pursue but call 911 to report the incident.  A squad arrives, takes your report, tells you you can pick up a copy for you insurance in a few days and departs.

The next morning you notice the swarm of police and other first responders at the nice widow lady's house two doors down.  She was always a little hard of hearing and you find out from an officer manning the scene that someone broke in, brutally beat her and raped her for hours before finally killing her.  

How many neighbors do you gather together for the Lynch Mob for the resident local criminal defense lawyer ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2015, 10:10:13 AM »
Unless they are running for cover, once they are out of my house the cops can run after them. I have better things to do than go running nekkid down the street waving a gun trying to catch some thieving little bastard just because he kicked my door in at 3am.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2015, 02:39:21 PM »

How many neighbors do you gather together for the Lynch Mob for the resident local criminal defense lawyer ??

Not a damn one.

I'll feel sorry that the widow lady got treated badly (that's newspeak for raped, probably beat to hell, and then gruesomely killed).

But so far the local criminal defense attorney does not have a client, if I'm reading your scenario properly.  Nor do we know if it was one of his former clients that was busy out and about last night.

But most of all - have any of you ever been a criminal defendant?  It's a completely different ball game when you are an otherwise law-abiding citizen as opposed to someone who spends a significant part of their life intentionally being a criminal.  And as such I want that low-life slimeball tilecrawler doing their damnedest to make sure that I am not railroaded and that each and every single one of my rights are protected by using every technicality anybody can dream of.

There seems to be a metric [expletive]it-ton of blood lust around this subject.  I really wonder why, unless it is a sense of frustration that what your fellow citizens and neighbors are not willing to pay for is not stopping people from committing crimes.

For years I have advocated for a method of permanently just about stopping criminal behavior in its tracks and eliminating it in the future.  When I explain what will be involved in dealing with the criminal and his/her extended family out at least six degrees people run away, looking over their shoulder to see if the crazy man is following after them.

So unless all y'all are willing to sign on to my plan, or come up with an even better one, you are going to have to live with the fact that criminals, and thus criminality, exist and will continue to exist.  How many of them do you think you can find and hang/shoot/draw and quarter before someone gets tired of how you are behaving and hangs/shoots/draws and quarters you?

stay ssafe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »
Not a damn one.

I'll feel sorry that the widow lady got treated badly (that's newspeak for raped, probably beat to hell, and then gruesomely killed).

But so far the local criminal defense attorney does not have a client, if I'm reading your scenario properly.  Nor do we know if it was one of his former clients that was busy out and about last night.

But most of all - have any of you ever been a criminal defendant?  It's a completely different ball game when you are an otherwise law-abiding citizen as opposed to someone who spends a significant part of their life intentionally being a criminal.  And as such I want that low-life slimeball tilecrawler doing their damnedest to make sure that I am not railroaded and that each and every single one of my rights are protected by using every technicality anybody can dream of.

There seems to be a metric [expletive]it-ton of blood lust around this subject.  I really wonder why, unless it is a sense of frustration that what your fellow citizens and neighbors are not willing to pay for is not stopping people from committing crimes.

For years I have advocated for a method of permanently just about stopping criminal behavior in its tracks and eliminating it in the future.  When I explain what will be involved in dealing with the criminal and his/her extended family out at least six degrees people run away, looking over their shoulder to see if the crazy man is following after them.

So unless all y'all are willing to sign on to my plan, or come up with an even better one, you are going to have to live with the fact that criminals, and thus criminality, exist and will continue to exist.  How many of them do you think you can find and hang/shoot/draw and quarter before someone gets tired of how you are behaving and hangs/shoots/draws and quarters you?

stay ssafe.

Sorry, I thought the Bazinga was implied.  I will provide many more smilies next time.... :P
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2015, 05:39:06 PM »
Scenario folks:

You chase down a youth who's just kicked in your door and attempted to steal a TV set, and in the process he threatened you.  You didn't shoot him then.

He runs off, and you give armed chase only to shoot him around the corner.  A neighbour witnesses you shooting someone who appears to be unarmed, and an angry lynch mob quickly forms.  The mob hangs you for shooting someone in the street for no apparent reason, giving you no opportunity to speak.

Now try to draft a law that allows part 1 (your shooting) but prohibits part 2 (you being lynched for a shooting that someone just witnessed "in cold blood", they'd say)?  That's going to be a tough one.  If you don't want to be subject to execution on the spot by people who claim to have witnessed your own "crimes", you can't assert the right to execute people for crimes you claim to have witnessed.

Self-defense laws aren't designed to mete out justice, they're designed to ensure you can keep yourself safe.  Anything further and you're playing the role of angry mob.

How about this:
You chase down a youth who's just kicked in your door and attempted to steal a TV set, and in the process he threatened you. You shoot him.
Someone witnesses you shooting someone who appears to be unarmed, and an angry lynch mob quickly forms.  The mob hangs you for shooting someone for no apparent reason, giving you no opportunity to speak.

Or how about this:
Someone starts shooting up a mall that you are in. You draw and fire. Someone else who is CCWing see's you shoot someone and believes you to be the shooter and they then shoot you.

Or how about this:
The criminal just takes your gun from you as they rob your house.

It will be like the wild west out there with blood running in the streets!!1!!
;/

My personal opinion, I know its's "stupid" to go chasing after a criminal like that but that's because of all these BS laws. I believe you should be allowed to. This person is willing to do that to you do you really think they will stop with you? I believe I would have a moral duty to stop them. I think fistful's example shows that exact thing happening, right after one failed attempt the would be criminal went straight to trying it at some other place.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic