Author Topic: Which C-19 Vaccine should we get?  (Read 1983 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Which C-19 Vaccine should we get?
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2021, 12:22:15 PM »
There was an article about one fool who had gotten 27 because he got a gift card each time. 27!
CDC needs to give that guy a gift card every year for a decade or so to come in and be checked out.  Not often you get people willing to take doses of the same scale as a lab rat.  Could be a really good indicator of the safety of mRNA vaccines.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2021, 12:29:51 PM »
There was an article about one fool who had gotten 27 because he got a gift card each time. 27!
CDC needs to give that guy a gift card every year for a decade or so to come in and be checked out.  Not often you get people willing to take doses of the same scale as a lab rat.  Could be a really good indicator of the safety of mRNA vaccines.

Found his picture

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2021, 04:09:05 PM »
Found his picture

He does appear to be a Democrat.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2021, 05:32:36 PM »
I personally went with the Johnson and Johnson for one shot to get it over and I didn’t really love the idea of the mRNA vaccines. Wife got the Pfizer and was rather ill from both shots. I didn’t have any effects other than a sore arm for a couple of days.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2021, 09:00:36 PM »
No immediate adverse effects from PFE...

HOWEVER... I have had (starting about three days after #2) two old scars (circa 1993-4ish - tried to core my foot with a tent pole - and 2016 - spider bite) decided to become inflamed and open up. Both are pretty much re-healed now.

I wonder what other super powers I will gain?
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2021, 09:02:20 PM »
No immediate adverse effects from PFE...

HOWEVER... I have had (starting about three days after #2) two old scars (circa 1993-4ish - tried to core my foot with a tent pole - and 2016 - spider bite) decided to become inflamed and open up. Both are pretty much re-healed now.

I wonder what other super powers I will gain?

Scarman
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2021, 10:03:47 PM »
Got the Pfizer version. Felt like crap for a few days afterwards. They say it's worse if you already had the bug and I suspected I did last summer. And as a side note I suspect I am currently on the tail end of fighting the delta version as I type this.

I'm sure I had it way back when the whole thing was just getting ramped up.  Had all the symptoms (I posted about it here some time back).  My doc agreed that it sounded like it and sent me for an antibody test.  Came back negative.

ATM, I'm in the middle of 4 days of getting up, going to work, coming home to eat dinner and going to bed.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  But, I'm hanging on to every word from you all.  Thanks.   Will check back in later.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2021, 10:06:46 PM »
If you actually had covid, there is absolutely NO reason for the jab. None.
Get a antibody test before the jab.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2021, 10:28:43 PM »
Ahh... But WHICH antibody?

There's the rub.

The 'Rona has had variants (oooh!) among the "common cold" viruses for some time.

You probably had it. But it changed.

In December/January of 2019/2020, I had a nasty case of crud (anyone remember the crud?). Sinuses pretty much did the "disco hut drain" over about two days, during which I kept my head off the side of the bed over a really bleepin' nasty towel on the floor. I sucked it up, went back to work. Because I had those two days off... And one of my cow-orkers missed about a week. And looked really fugly coming back.

Fast forward to December of 2020, the year that shall be considered unseen... About Dec. 13th or so, was a day or so into "I feel like crap and want to die." Went to the urgent care. Got tested. 102 fever, all the way through December 23. Bleeped the hell out of a Christmas party I was supposed to be Santa at, and get lap dances. REALLY. Being Santa is GOOD. But hey - by then they were doing testes... er... tests, and I tested negative. Still was in bed for over a week and a half with a 102ish fever.

Now? I'm sort of wanting to catch something. Because I need a few days off.
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2021, 11:49:33 PM »
Oh yeah.  Weight, cardiac, apnea, diabetes...   :facepalm:

I'm in the same situation. In my case, in place of diabetes substitute a long history of pneumonia, and a lung that collapsed spontaneously about four years ago.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2021, 12:53:56 AM »
Natural infection confers a much greater resistance to viral mutations because the immune system does not focus on just one spike protein, but the whole virus. Or so the smart guys say.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2021, 12:32:51 PM »
Everyone has comorbidities... I have a coworker who is selectively paranoid. If he doesn't want to do something "I'm a diabetic, and if I catch it, I will DIE!" Really.

There are FOUR diabetics in the store, and they ALL drink sugary sodas (not all the time) and eat lots of carbs...

Me? Meat and cheese for lunch. Or a burrito with under 30 grams.
Blog under construction

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2021, 11:53:06 AM »
In my ongoing attempt to protect my wife, I am considering getting the shot.  If I get it my preference is the J & J.  I have an appt with my VA doc on the 20th and will discuss it with him.  If it weren't for her weakened immune system from cancer treatments I wouldn't get at all.  At my age I can go anytime and it wouldn't bother me.  I've seen enough garbage that getting out of here would be an improvement.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2021, 12:40:37 PM »
I got the Pfizer vaccine, since my doc said it was supposed to offer slightly better protection for senior citizens than the Moderna vaccine. (J&J was in third place.)

The only side effect I had was a slightly sore arm for a day or two.

Now, my second shot of the SHINGREX vaccine for shingles was an entirely different story - I had flu like symptoms (headache, 101 fever, upset stomach, general malaise) about 12 hours after I got the second shot. Fortunately, the symptoms had all but disappeared at the 24 hour mark, and at 36 hours it was as if they never happened.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2021, 03:52:02 PM »
If you are concerned what the mRNA generated spike proteins do in your body, shouldn’t you be every bit as concerned about what the virus generated spike proteins (which I imagine will be significantly greater in quantity) will do?

At this stage I would personally probably go for the Johnson and Johnson, however that is based on it using slightly more established technology. If I were concerned about long term efficacy I would look at the Moderna. Pfizer has the benefit of being actually approved (with an asterisk).

As previously stated here, the last vaccine I have had was a tetanus booster when I lost half of my thumb in an accident with a table saw.
Cordex, I have never had the flu nor have I ever had a flu shot.  And those were the "tried & true" vaccines that followed all the trials and tests, which these vaccines have not.  I have no intention of being another "guinea pig" for their gene editing/splicing experiment !!  And, after 18 months of this lunacy, I have yet to wear a mask anywhere other than a doctors office - mine and my elderly mother's.
Check out these doctors and their theory on the clotting problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sIWb9GTbbE

Or this article about vaccinated people are the new "super-spreaders".
https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/vaccinated-healthcare-workers-threat-unvaccinated-patients-co-workers/
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2021, 03:57:21 PM »
In my ongoing attempt to protect my wife, I am considering getting the shot.  If I get it my preference is the J & J.  I have an appt with my VA doc on the 20th and will discuss it with him.  If it weren't for her weakened immune system from cancer treatments I wouldn't get at all.  At my age I can go anytime and it wouldn't bother me.  I've seen enough garbage that getting out of here would be an improvement.

I got the J&J at the local VA and had no issues other than being tired the next day. My wife and I are both "at risk" on numerous fronts.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2021, 10:08:12 PM »
I'm just sick and tired of hearing "I can't go out to that customer's car, because I might DIE!!!!"

Next time the guy mismanages his medication, because he like Mountain Dew and junk food, I'm tempted to just let him lie there. "

Notice I said "next time."

But I won't... And I'll call the bus, and they'll pump him full of whatever he needs, and he'll still call me an "old man" as an insult.
Blog under construction

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2021, 10:16:42 PM »
If you actually had covid, there is absolutely NO reason for the jab. None.
Get a antibody test before the jab.

The only reason I got mine was because I have a cruise booked for next year and I don’t want any hassles in the ports

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2021, 01:47:45 AM »
If you are concerned what the mRNA generated spike proteins do in your body, shouldn’t you be every bit as concerned about what the virus generated spike proteins (which I imagine will be significantly greater in quantity) will do?
If one gets the injection, one is by default at risk of any adverse factors.
 One only has risk from the virus if one contracts it.

Also, there is evidence the antibody reaction from the jab was set many times higher than naturally occurring ones, in order to offset the very rapid decline in them in the body. I do not know how this specifically relates to the spike protein.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.19.21262111v1.full

"Results A total of 2,653 individuals fully vaccinated by two doses of vaccine during the study period and 4,361 convalescent patients were included. Higher SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibody titers were observed in vaccinated individuals (median 1581 AU/mL IQR [533.8-5644.6]) after the second vaccination, than in convalescent individuals (median 355.3 AU/mL IQR [141.2-998.7]; p<0.001). In vaccinated subjects, antibody titers decreased by up to 40% each subsequent month while in convalescents they decreased by less than 5% per month."

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2021, 04:59:24 PM »
The deed is done.  We both got our first Pfizer jab yesterday.  Although I didn't post much in this thread (explained below), I highly appreciate every bit of info y'all provided.  So many things to consider!  Once we had it narrowed down to "get it", the next decision was for "which one".  Narrowed that down to Pfizer or Moderna, and went with Pfizer because the second jab is in only 3 weeks instead of 4.

Almost 24 hours later, no side effects except for waking up in the middle of the night with my left arm and shoulder feeling a bit stiff.  Could have been the way I was laying, too.

aside:  The last time we bid for job assignments at work, I took a bid that is roughly 4 11-hour days.  From the time I get off each day until I need to go to bed to get 8 hours of sleep, I have about an hour and a half.  So, for those days it's get up, get ready, go to work, come home, eat and go to bed.

Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2021, 06:46:54 PM »
https://timcast.com/news/moderna-vaccine-shipment-crashes-prompting-hazmat-cleanup-and-shuttering-of-airspace/
The crash took Hazmat cleaning crews 21 hours to clear after the truck lost control and went through a concrete barrier.
“A tractor trailer, carrying Moderna COVID-19 vaccines to be sent as aid to a foreign country, lost control on the interstate, struck a concrete barrier and went down over the embankment approximately 30 feet and rolled on its side,” Monongalia County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.
I am hearing they shut down the highway for quite a number of hours for HAZMAT cleanup and even restricted air space.  People are asking questions.   =D   [tinfoil]
I am a bit surprised they went to that much effort just for some antifreeze and fuel.  That has to happen fairly often.

Salty Cracker gave some of his commentary.  They need a HAZMAT team to clean this up, but by all means go to the hospital and get some injected into your arm.   =D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4STBA2l8YpU
Truck Carrying Moderna Jabs Crashes - Dept Of Defense in Hazmat Show Up

Undoubtedly, there is more to this story (or not).
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2021, 06:50:57 PM »
https://timcast.com/news/moderna-vaccine-shipment-crashes-prompting-hazmat-cleanup-and-shuttering-of-airspace/I am hearing they shut down the highway for quite a number of hours for HAZMAT cleanup and even restricted air space.  People are asking questions.   =D   [tinfoil]
I am a bit surprised they went to that much effort just for some antifreeze and fuel.  That has to happen fairly often.

Salty Cracker gave some of his commentary.  They need a HAZMAT team to clean this up, but by all means go to the hospital and get some injected into your arm.   =D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4STBA2l8YpU
Truck Carrying Moderna Jabs Crashes - Dept Of Defense in Hazmat Show Up

Undoubtedly, there is more to this story (or not).

Or the COVID 19 vaccines is the cover story for an undercover DOE shipment. They move nuclear *expletive deleted*it in unmarked, stealthy tractor trailers.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2021, 07:08:04 PM »
Or the COVID 19 vaccines is the cover story for an undercover DOE shipment. They move nuclear *expletive deleted*it in unmarked, stealthy tractor trailers.
So the normal mRNA vaccine?   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2021, 10:58:49 PM »
So I dug out the vaccine storage and handling booklet that the Feds sent us: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/admin/storage/toolkit/storage-handling-toolkit.pdf

There is nothing in there suggesting that the vaccines are hazardous material over and above other vaccines.  We used a regular spill kit when we dropped a vial. 

I also read several news articles in the locality stating that county hazmat teams were dispatched to keep 50 some odd gallons of antifreeze, fuel and oil out of the local waterways and to clean it up.  Speaking as the former training lieutenant of a King County hazmat team, we responded all the time to vehicle crashes to contain and clean up spilled fluids or solid debris so that first responding fire units could return to service quicker.  Here also in western Washington, it is not unusual to close airspace over accidents to keep the fricking drones out.

So I take Mr. Salty Cracker with a grain of salt and he has probably never rolled on a heavy road accident in his life.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.