Author Topic: 85K on my 2015 Wrangler JK.  (Read 333 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
85K on my 2015 Wrangler JK.
« on: August 30, 2021, 08:42:53 PM »
Rolled over 85K miles on my '15 Wrangler JK(2 door) Sahara yesterday.
I bought it new in October of 2015 after selling off my Harley Roadking because of back and hip problems.
I wanted a 2 door hardtop with manual transmission and the one I bought was the only one I could find in the distance I was willing to drive.
I chose the hard top primarily for the increase security over the soft top(yeah, I know ;) ) as I routinely carry either a substantial amount of expensive camera gear or boat working tools.
I have taken the Freedom panels off quite a bit (except his year because the bum shoulder doesn't like the process) but have yet to remove the full hard top, I need to get a hoist mounted in my shop. I have experienced no leaks.
It came with the "premium" sound system with satellite radio and navigation but not Bluetooth equipped.
So far it has been one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned. It is completely stock.
Other than routine maintenance all it has had done to it is an airbag recall addressed and while that was in progress the tech ID'd a oil leak in the rear differential that was covered under warranty. I have had to 95 mph several time with no handling issue.
I'm still running on the original factory tires and plan to replace them before winter. I'd like to put on  set of BF Goodrich All Terrains if I can find them.
I haven't had opportunity for much offroad time mostly due to being pretty well half crippled for most of the last several years but what little I did, some mild rock crawling and general trail and mud running, was reasonably confidence inspiring.
If I had it to do over again I would.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
Re: 85K on my 2015 Wrangler JK.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 09:39:42 PM »
Another 115k it might be broke in.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 09:50:47 PM »
I like the Jeep’s and I think Fiat’s purchase of Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge has only helped quality.

I wish Jeep would build a full-size  version of the gladiator or wrangler. Style it like the concept they released a few years ago that copied the old Gladiator and I’d buy one in a heartbeat- I just like having a full-size cab better.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 09:55:33 PM »
A full size Jeep pickup built solid and based on the old J10/Gladiator would be awesome. I don't think they'll ever do it.  In the meantime I'll have to make do with my M715.
 =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 08:35:01 PM »
Shop now, and buy tires soon - you can always have them mounted and balanced later. I had 235/75/15s go up 25% in a month...
Blog under construction

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 11:23:13 AM »
I had my oil cooler start leaking on my 2015 JKU Rubicon earlier this year.  That was annoying.  I've got 56k on the odometer right now.  Still really enjoy it overall though.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 12:11:52 PM »
I’ve just turned 60k on my 2014 rubicon X. I put toyo open country AT3 all terrains on mine, 1” taller than the BFGs that came on it and I absolutely love them. 255/80r17 are 33” tall and same width tread as the 255/75r17 that came on it. My toyo tires are made in USA quiet and great ride and awesome traction on wet roads and ice and snow, reasonably good in mud. Almost identical to the falken wildpeak AT3s
Only issues I had was a broken cruise control switch in the steering cluster that caused all kinds of gremlins in the cabin node. No have a tiny seep leak at the left from axle seal.
Which head unit do have with the premium sound? Mine is the 730N and has Bluetooth. Do you have the subwoofer in back and tombstone tweeters on the dash?
What we have here is failure to communicate.