Author Topic: Blame Canada  (Read 13035 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Blame Canada
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2022, 11:52:21 AM »
"They're sort of a Queen's Province or something, no?"

No.

The Canada Act of 1982 finalized Canada's political independence from the UK, which had started in 1867 with the British North America Acts and continued with the Statute of Westminster in 1931.

Canada is a member of the Commonwealth and recognizes Queen Elizabeth as the head of state, but has full political independence from the British Parliament.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2022, 12:36:32 PM »
Elizabeth, while called "head of state," it would be more appropriate to call her "figure head of state."

She has zero political power in Canada or the other 15 Commonwealth nations that consider her to be their head of state.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2022, 09:11:25 PM »
This almost deserves its own topic.

Gofundme has deleted the fund for the Canadian protestors, calling it an "occupation" that violates its terms of service. If you donated, you can apparently submit some form to get your donation returned. Though I don't know why you would have to do that since it seems they could simply refund most everyone's donations (maybe there are issues with crypto and similar?).

All nonrefunded money is being donated to "reputable charities" by Gofundme. I'm curious what charities those would be and how in line they are with the beliefs of the people who donated to this particular Gofundme?

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/02/04/heres-how-to-get-a-refund-if-you-donated-to-the-freedom-convoy-now-that-gofundme-has-nuked-the-fundraiser/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2022, 09:22:05 PM »
Gofundme has deleted the fund for the Canadian protestors, calling it an "occupation" that violates its terms of service. If you donated, you can apparently submit some form to get your donation returned.

Don't do that, go through your CC company and have them do a chargeback for services not rendered, they will add a $35 fee to gofundme.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2022, 11:11:39 PM »
. . . All nonrefunded money is being donated to "reputable charities" by Gofundme.  . . .
This sounds very much like theft or theft by swindle to me. IMHO some people at Gofundme need to be criminally prosecuted and (hopefully) jailed upon conviction.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2022, 07:34:09 AM »
UPDATE: GoFundMe now returning all donations
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/02/04/heres-how-to-get-a-refund-if-you-donated-to-the-freedom-convoy-now-that-gofundme-has-nuked-the-fundraiser-a/

Well, with the additional info, I have to give them credit for, if they would have given the money to charity, given to charities approved by the organizers. Though full refunds is the correct decision, since the organizers and the myriad of donators might also not have agreed on "appropriate charities".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2022, 11:47:24 AM »
Well, with the additional info, I have to give them credit for, if they would have given the money to charity, given to charities approved by the organizers. Though full refunds is the correct decision, since the organizers and the myriad of donators might also not have agreed on "appropriate charities".
I personally would be infuriated had I made a donation to, say, the Salvation Army and then found it had been redirected to the Red Cross.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2022, 11:53:45 AM »
I personally would be infuriated had I made a donation to, say, the Salvation Army and then found it had been redirected to the Red Cross.

No doubt, I would be too. I even get specific when I give to someone like the SA so that my donation isn't used for something I don't approve of. I was speaking more from what to do with any unclaimed money, though again, I don't know why there was an issue with just refunding everything to everyone in the first place. The only people at fault here, 100%, are the Gofundme people, who were happy to collect money for antifa "occupations".

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2022, 11:55:02 AM »
I was down to The Salvation Army, my church and one on one personal giving of time/money if I saw a need.

Salvation Army has been converged so it is down to my church and personally helping those I can.

The problem is everything seems to be a grift these days. Maybe it always was that way, and now I'm old enough and experienced enough to see it.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2022, 12:56:20 PM »
I was down to The Salvation Army, my church and one on one personal giving of time/money if I saw a need.

Salvation Army has been converged so it is down to my church and personally helping those I can.

The problem is everything seems to be a grift these days. Maybe it always was that way, and now I'm old enough and experienced enough to see it.

Yeah, I cut my SA donation way down and to disaster relief only. I'm currently giving to Idaho Food Bank, the local animal shelter, Make a Wish, St Vincent De Paul, and the Boise Rescue Mission. Trying to keep it more local. I should start a thread on how the Boise Rescue Mission has a few hundred spare beds as "the homeless" protest in front of the state capitol, complaining that there's nowhere for them to go.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2022, 01:27:21 PM »
This past year was the first in a LONG time that I donated Zero to the Salvation Army.

That whole "Whitey, you must repent for your puerile racism!" guide really rubbed me the wrong way.

So, I decided that this year I'd focus on a cause very near and dear to my heart.... Me.

Does that act alone make me racist because I'm showing overt preference to a white dude?

Don't know, don't *expletive deleted*ing care, just leave me alone.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2022, 03:11:02 PM »
So it appears that the Gofundme reversal on not refunding the money is due to an investigation by the Florida AG for fraud. Also interesting was the statement that they claim they pulled the site because law enforcement convinced them to. Which law enforcement? Canadian, or US feds?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/gofundme-backtracks-canadian-trucker-money-fraud-investigation-threat

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2022, 03:23:54 PM »
So it appears that the Gofundme reversal on not refunding the money is due to an investigation by the Florida AG for fraud. Also interesting was the statement that they claim they pulled the site because law enforcement convinced them to. Which law enforcement? Canadian, or US feds?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/gofundme-backtracks-canadian-trucker-money-fraud-investigation-threat

Don't you know Gofundme gets to pick and choose who uses their platform..... of course you did.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gofundme-froze-millions-donations-black-lives-matter-foundation-unaffiliated-blm-2020-6

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2022, 03:31:01 PM »
This past year was the first in a LONG time that I donated Zero to the Salvation Army.

That whole "Whitey, you must repent for your puerile racism!" guide really rubbed me the wrong way.

So, I decided that this year I'd focus on a cause very near and dear to my heart.... Me.

Does that act alone make me racist because I'm showing overt preference to a white dude?

Don't know, don't *expletive deleted*ing care, just leave me alone.
Oh, if anyone asks, just tell them that you identify as a black trans male lesbian and you should be safe from accusations of racism, transphobism, and whatever other "isms" are the flavor of the day.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2022, 04:36:03 PM »

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2022, 05:21:44 PM »
It appears to be Canadian police doing the attempted cancelling:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/02/05/ottawa-police-thank-gofundme-for-withholding-funding-for-canadian-truckers-urge-all-crowdfunding-sites-to-follow

I think the good truckers of Canada who are in Ottawa should disperse immediately and return to their homes. The Canadian government is not going to listen to anything the truckers have to say. In fact they should stop going to Ottawa all together for any reason. I figure within a month the people of Ottawa will be eating each other to survive and wiping their asses with snow.  >:D

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2022, 05:38:34 PM »
In fact they should stop going to Ottawa all together for any reason. I figure within a month the people of Ottawa will be eating each other to survive and wiping their asses with snow.  >:D

bob

Related:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/02/05/crisis-ctv-reports-that-canadian-truckers-built-a-shed-to-hand-out-food-and-no-one-from-the-police-was-there-to-stop-them/

OMG! People are handing out food! Where are the police?!?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2022, 07:53:41 PM »
Still going strong

Freedom Truckers Convoy 2022 Live Feb 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy9SV4ZlzMU
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2022, 07:58:38 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

JN01

• friend
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2022, 11:21:25 PM »
Don't you know Gofundme gets to pick and choose who uses their platform..... of course you did.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gofundme-froze-millions-donations-black-lives-matter-foundation-unaffiliated-blm-2020-6

bob

Either way, the money is going into some grifters pocket.

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2022, 11:54:23 PM »

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2022, 03:20:29 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2022, 09:12:29 PM »
Long police line guarding fuel canisters as hazmat was called in for safe removal inside newly implemented freedom convoy base camp. Footage filmed at 7h00 pm tonight Sunday February 6th 2022 at RCGT Park parking lot corner Coventry Road and Vanier Parkway in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Ottawa: Cop line guarding fuel cans in preparation for removal by hazmat crews 2-6-2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QPx1s6aiRM
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2022, 09:13:10 PM »
RCGT Park: Breaking news police confiscating fuel supply from new base camp 2-6-2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmp8X7taXgc
- Calvin and Hobbes