Author Topic: Blame Canada  (Read 13032 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Blame Canada
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2022, 05:23:20 PM »
Let's go Brandeau  :rofl:

Well played, sir.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2022, 05:27:21 PM »
Saw it in one of the live feeds and I've forgotten which one
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2022, 08:21:15 PM »
From one of the live feeds

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2022, 09:05:00 PM »
🔴LIVE Ottawa - RAW Footage: Freedom Convoy 2022 Day 13 - 302 Coventry Rd - Wed February 9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZetCW2AVR5U
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2022, 07:22:21 PM »
The Ontario government says it has successfully petitioned a court to freeze access to millions of dollars donated through online fundraising platform GiveSendGo to the convoy protesting COVID-19 restrictions in Ottawa and at several border crossings.

The province obtained an order from the Superior Court of Justice that prohibits anyone from distributing donations made through the website’s “Freedom Convoy 2022” and “Adopt-a-Trucker” campaign pages, said a spokeswoman for Premier Doug Ford.

Ontario freezes funds from GiveSendGo trucker convoy fundraiser
https://globalnews.ca/news/8610512/givesendgo-fundraiser-trucker-convoy-frozen/
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2022, 07:34:38 PM »
Ontario freezes funds from GiveSendGo trucker convoy fundraiser
https://globalnews.ca/news/8610512/givesendgo-fundraiser-trucker-convoy-frozen/

What a bunch of *expletive deleted*che bags nozzles and I am not talking aboot the truckers.

bob

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2022, 07:47:54 PM »
What a bunch of *expletive deleted*che bags nozzles and I am not talking aboot the truckers.

bob

They always have been, why would they change now?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2022, 09:05:12 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2022, 11:45:09 PM »
I suspect that some of the folks haven't really thought things through.

Imagine ONE truck full of a hazmat... With a driver who has decided that he has nothing left to lose.

It may not happen this week or this month, but... I figure it will happen.
Blog under construction

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2022, 06:18:19 AM »
I suspect that some of the folks haven't really thought things through.

Imagine ONE truck full of a hazmat... With a driver who has decided that he has nothing left to lose.

It may not happen this week or this month, but... I figure it will happen.

The Box Truck of Free Expression?

The only reason it hasn’t happened is because these people are decent folk who are willing to try everything before that step. 
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2022, 09:03:44 AM »
Send the Marines to the Canadian border (but not the Southern border):

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2022, 09:10:52 AM »
One major flaw I'm seeing is that the average Joe and Jane are the ones who are going to suffer the most under the continued supply chain collapse.  I think I'm going to pad my supplies a little more.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2022, 09:12:20 AM »
Send the Marines to the Canadian border (but not the Southern border):

Send Harris, she has experience with fixing border problems.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2022, 09:29:22 AM »
I support truckers protesting.  I think they are right to do so.

I don't support anyone blocking roads.  Remember when the BLM protesters in the USA were blocking interstates?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2022, 09:33:24 AM »

I don't support anyone blocking roads.  Remember when the BLM protesters in the USA were blocking interstates?

I actually agree with this. I was ranting about BLM and antifa blocking roads and basically kidnapping people. It would be hypocritical to be in favor of these guys blocking the free movement of innocent people. I support their cause, but not the road blocking.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2022, 09:53:41 AM »

I do remember it.  I remember not being a fan of it, and being concerned what would happen if I were caught in one.

I also remember it being pretty effective at gaining concessions from the city governments.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIu2uUHQZi8

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2022, 09:57:10 AM »
I actually agree with this. I was ranting about BLM and antifa blocking roads and basically kidnapping people. It would be hypocritical to be in favor of these guys blocking the free movement of innocent people. I support their cause, but not the road blocking.

Pretty much where I stand.
But also note how both the government and MSM are treating it in comparison to when BLM and ANTIFA blocked roads and even ran out in front of traffic and surrounded cars and even pulled drivers out.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2022, 10:00:24 AM »
Pretty much where I stand.
But also note how both the government and MSM are treating it in comparison to when BLM and ANTIFA blocked roads and even ran out in front of traffic and surrounded cars and even pulled drivers out.

Absolutely. There is an enormous heap of hypocrisy coming for politicians and the MSM. Big tech too, with the kiboshing of online fundraisers.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2022, 10:05:37 AM »
Blocking the street, pulling people out of their cars, then beating them often putting them in the hospital or worst = peaceful protest.
Doing anything to get away and/or defend yourself from the above = violence
Blocking the street and doing not much more than sitting in your truck = violence
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2022, 10:35:15 AM »
Blocking the street, pulling people out of their cars, then beating them often putting them in the hospital or worst = peaceful protest.
Doing anything to get away and/or defend yourself from the above = violence
Blocking the street and doing not much more than sitting in your truck = violence
You forgot about the one or more times where someone shot into a vehicle.  I think one SUV driver ran over someone after he was wounded by someone shooting into his vehicle.  Can't remember where that happened. 

There was a video later of a woman holding a pistol out while standing in front of a truck.  I was a bit surprised the truck didn't floor it when she pulled out the pistol. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2022, 10:50:08 AM »
Tucker: Crumbling regimes always resort to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFFEB95MPz4

"Workers of the World Unite!"  -- when we want you to and only then you disgusting peasants. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2022, 10:52:24 AM »
Givesendgo looks to be telling the Canadian gov to *expletive deleted*ck off. I was kinda wondering how the Canadians could seize legal funds held in the US.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/02/11/know-this-givesendgo-gives-canadian-govt-trying-to-shut-down-freedomconvoy-funding-the-middle-finger-and-its-glorious/

zahc

• friend
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2022, 11:01:26 AM »
When violence furthers the goals of the regime, it's "free speech". When free speech threatens the goals of the regime, it's called "violence".
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine