Author Topic: Blame Canada  (Read 13031 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Blame Canada
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2022, 11:35:44 PM »
Ontario police are knocking on doors based on Facebook posts. As mentioned at the video link, the officer was certainly polite and non-threatening, but I don't think that makes the process non-threatening.

Maybe if they wanted to do "education and awareness" they could have just posted something to the same facebook page where they got people's posts and information, including their home addresses.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/02/12/ontario-police-stop-by-a-womans-house-for-some-proactive-relationship-building-after-seeing-her-post-to-a-pro-convoy-facebook-group/
As I suggested earlier, wouldn't it be nice if people started showing up at the homes of the officers doing this, and very politely thanked them for their advice?  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2022, 03:59:42 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2022, 07:07:26 PM »
R.C.M.P., O.P.P., London & Windsor Police Raid Demonstrators At Ambassador Bridge On Day 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy1STaRssMM
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2022, 07:17:59 PM »
We need to air-drop a few pallets of Liberators.

Or Hipoints...
Blog under construction

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2022, 07:19:45 PM »
I don't think enough people will take the time but it would be glories if every TD
 bank account got closed out tomorrow.  I don't have one but when BOA went screw you I said screw them the next day.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2022, 07:27:20 PM »
What is a "TD" bank account?

Flyover?
Blog under construction

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2022, 07:34:41 PM »
What is a "TD" bank account?

Flyover?

Toronto-Dominion bank. Their US subsidiary is mostly east coast. Pretty big.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TD_Bank,_N.A.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2022, 09:35:19 PM »

Or Hipoints...

How about a few pallets.of liberals?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2022, 10:13:29 PM »
"The Freedom Convoy Board agree with your request to reduce pressure on the residents and businesses in the City of Ottawa," Lich wrote. "We have made a plan to consolidate our protest efforts around Parliament Hill. We will be working hard over the next 24 hours to get buy in from the truckers. We hope to start repositioning our trucks on Monday."

Watson had written to Lich saying that residents are "exhausted and on edge" and that the blockades are "teetering on the brink of permanent closure" for some businesses.

"I don’t believe these harmful effects on our community and its residents were the intended consequences of your protest," Watson wrote.

Ottawa mayor and 'Freedom Convoy' agree to move trucks from residential areas
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ottawa-mayor-freedom-convoy-agree-move-trucks-residential-areas
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2022, 01:48:05 AM »

Or Hipoints...

10 pallets of Yeet Cannons it is!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2022, 07:37:14 AM »
I guess nothing materialized in DC
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2022, 06:52:21 PM »
 You want torches and pitchforks cause this is how you get torches and pitchforks
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2022, 07:05:11 PM »
Also seeing reports he's been consulting with military officials about invoking martial law
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2022, 07:24:40 PM »
But wait there's more

Justin Trudeau says that the government now has ‘the ability to compel’ tow truck owners to move trucks
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/02/14/justin-trudeau-says-that-the-government-now-has-the-ability-to-compel-tow-truck-owners-to-move-trucks/

Trudeau on towtrucks refusing to tow Freedom Convoy truckers: Emergency actions include “an opportunity to compel” pic.twitter.com/Ux8wXsvJFw

— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) February 14, 2022

This could get real ugly real fast
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2022, 07:57:09 PM »
But wait there's more

Justin Trudeau says that the government now has ‘the ability to compel’ tow truck owners to move trucks
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/02/14/justin-trudeau-says-that-the-government-now-has-the-ability-to-compel-tow-truck-owners-to-move-trucks/

What's sad is that from the video at the link it sounds like they were able to get some US tow truck drivers to move the rigs.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2022, 08:46:44 PM »
But wait there's more

This is where 2A rights would really come in handy.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2022, 09:23:23 PM »
Saw on Zero Hedge an article about the Canadian media trying to connect the protest to Russia.

The neocons and leftists keep trying to deflect everything onto Russia, it's weird.

I'm no fan of Russia, the KGB or whatever they were renamed and Putin. But it's getting to the point whenever something negative is said about them in the media I just roll my eyes.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2022, 12:01:19 AM »
It is the narrative. The progressive liberal left thinks that conservatives, including middle-of-the-road folks, who are moar horribler, all kneejerk when you mention Russia.

Just like the progresssive liberal left kneejerks when you mention Texas.

Which is just about as politically powerful as Russia, only without the nukes that they can never use without getting all killed...
Blog under construction

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2022, 05:26:32 AM »
We are in the midst of a time where you either resist and fight and overcome or get forced down the cattle chute of slavery... Tyranny is stomping on our necks, in real time. Literal WAR has been declared and is being aggressively waged on the Citizenry, across the entire globe. Turns out WW3 wasn't a shooting match between nation states, it's a fight between tyrants and the People for what humanity itself will be in the future. Yes the situation is truly that dire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_chute
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2022, 02:16:53 PM »
Now the NYT is pointing out hypocrisy from Trudeau:

Entertaining the use of force to disperse or contain legal protests is wrong. As Mr. Trudeau said in November 2020, in expressing his support of a yearlong protest by farmers in India that blocked major highways to New Delhi, “Canada will always be there to defend the right of peaceful protest.”

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/02/15/trudeaus-a-hypocrite-about-trucker-protests-says-the-nyt-editorial-board-n448641
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2022, 02:19:15 PM »
“Canada will always be there to defend the right of peaceful protest ... unless it occurs in Canada."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2022, 02:20:28 PM »
But it's not peaceful!

One of the protestors spoke harshly about Trudeau, which makes this a set piece of Trumpian violent insurrection. In fact, it's very likely a coup attempt being led by Trump himself.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2022, 02:55:49 PM »
But it's not peaceful!

One of the protestors spoke harshly about Trudeau, which makes this a set piece of Trumpian violent insurrection. In fact, it's very likely a coup attempt being led by Trump himself.

Led by Trump, of course, but he is under orders from Putin.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2022, 06:35:15 PM »
If Trump plays his cards right he could be the ruler of North America.

Yeah, the Jameson is going down smooth tonight.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG