Author Topic: ABC deletes story about climate protesters halting protection burns  (Read 703 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://caldronpool.com/abc-deletes-story-about-climate-protesters-halting-protection-burns-prior-to-devastating-bushfires/amp/
This is about protection burns in Australia.  I was less concerned about ABC, but I hadn't seen the report that they had halted or curtailed fire prevention efforts due to climate change.  That means it is similar to the lunacy in California. 

One of the protesters allegedly commented to the ABC, saying she hoped she wouldn’t be fined, but she was more concerned about climate change.

“I’m more worried about climate change, and the impact the burns are having. I’m worried for my grandchildren.

“The mulch is the only moisture on the ground and we don’t want them to burn away that mulch.”

The burn was stopped according to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning, awaiting another opportunity to complete it.

On October 23, the ABC reported on a second protest that took place at Nowa Nowa in relation to the rescheduled backburn that was meant to take place in September.

As a result, ABC Gippsland reported that the local community were relieved at the results of their protest as it “Scaled back the planned burns. The original plan was to burn 370 hectares but reduced it to 9 hectares.”
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge