Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453446 times)

tokugawa

• friend
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #2200 on: April 12, 2020, 02:37:24 AM »
I watched the April 10th NBC News episode via Youtube.

There's political cranks pushing for FedGuv to manufacture 300+ million COVID tests.

The only way that's reasonable to do, is if you have a means to administer 300+ million tests.  And the authority to force non-willing subjects to take the test.

I smell a massive power grab over the makeup of the individual human body coming.

You touch on the basic question defining religious and political thought.  "Do you own yourself?"
All totalitarian states will assert you do not, in fact, own yourself- that "society" or "the state" owns you.
That is the fundamental reason they hate Christianity. Free will is toxic to tyrants.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2201 on: April 12, 2020, 06:38:10 AM »
I said American  hospitals.    I don't know about other countries.   I'm not surprised about Italy .....   and I wouldn't trust most broadcast network news if they told me July follows June.

That one sailed right over your head, didn't it?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2202 on: April 12, 2020, 08:33:36 AM »
My county (in MO) is OK with them. Don't know what Kentucky's problem is.

Oh, just saw this.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-ag-barr-taking-action-against-gov-officials-who-regulate-religious-services

I saw a video of some pastor in Mississippi I think, filming a gaggle of cop cars showing up to block people from his drive-in service. He mentioned the common question of why it was okay to go to Walmart with 100 other people, but people sitting in the car was not and mentioned his constitutional rights. One of the cops said, "Your rights are temporarily suspended."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2203 on: April 12, 2020, 08:44:17 AM »
They never want to miss an opportunely to try to make Orange Man look bad

Union Locates Massive Supply of N95 Masks – SEIU UHW. Thank you ⁦@SEIU⁩. Proud to be a member of this union. We are all in this together. https://t.co/WvA3eQFevd

— Donna Brazile (@donnabrazile) March 26, 2020
   seiu just revealed they found *39 million* n95 masks while trump is sitting on his hands https://t.co/qwivLjvtmh

— Oliver Willis (@owillis) March 26, 2020

But maybe in this case they should have

The SEIU’s claim to have located 39 million masks was actually just someone in Kuwait trying to scam them (!!). The scam was uncovered when FBI agents tried to seize the masks from the SEIU and to FEMA (!!!) https://t.co/Hbfirxa1NN

— Tom Gara (@tomgara) April 11, 2020

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2204 on: April 12, 2020, 08:52:18 AM »
My county (in MO) is OK with them. Don't know what Kentucky's problem is.

Typical government critter, doesn't know when to stop
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2205 on: April 12, 2020, 08:58:24 AM »
Move over chem trails, 5G spreads C19  :facepalm:

Q: I follow Woody Harrelson on Instagram and he says that 5G radio waves spread the coronavirus. This is frightening!

A: Woody Harrelson is an actor and entitled to believe whatever he wants. Based on the NIH research I have read and my 25 years in the tech industry, I’m confident that 5G signals and coronavirus have no tangible connection except that they’re both invisible to the human eye.

Harrelson’s assertion is only the latest in a wave of coronavirus conspiracy theories. My advice is always to consult the CDC first, using its social media channels to find the newest information. These are some of the foremost health experts in the world and only present facts that they consider settled science.
https://www.foxnews.com/tech/5g-conspiracies-diy-masks-homeschool-advice-and-more-tech-qa
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2206 on: April 12, 2020, 09:17:01 AM »
I saw a video of some pastor in Mississippi I think, filming a gaggle of cop cars showing up to block people from his drive-in service. He mentioned the common question of why it was okay to go to Walmart with 100 other people, but people sitting in the car was not and mentioned his constitutional rights. One of the cops said, "Your rights are temporarily suspended."

This whole over-the-top CV response will prove once and for all that we have only those rights the government (at all levels) allows us to have.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2207 on: April 12, 2020, 09:17:25 AM »
Move over chem trails, 5G spreads C19  :facepalm:
https://www.foxnews.com/tech/5g-conspiracies-diy-masks-homeschool-advice-and-more-tech-qa

I think only like 15 countries have 5g so far...so...

Seems like somehow the conspiracy that china lost 20 million cell subscribers, at the same time as COVID, at the same time as their 5g cross over, somehow all got mixed up.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #2208 on: April 12, 2020, 09:18:05 AM »
This whole over-the-top CV response will prove once and for all that we have only those rights the government (at all levels) allows us to have.

Careful. I got raked over the coals for daring to assert that.  ;/
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #2209 on: April 12, 2020, 09:21:29 AM »
The most important number, hospitalizations....they are on the downtick in NYC:
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-cuomo-says-new-hospitalizations-hit-apex-new-york-2020-4
JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2210 on: April 12, 2020, 10:41:23 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #2211 on: April 12, 2020, 10:55:49 AM »
If 5G spreads the Covid, some other frequency range ought to corral it - maybe even kill it. My cell phone is 2G (Nokia 5190) and I don't have the Covid. Obviously, 2G repels the Covid.  :cool:

No, my cell phone is not for sale!  :old:

Woody

"Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2212 on: April 12, 2020, 11:07:52 AM »
China bans black people in public. Okay MSM "the US is xenophobic" China lovers, time to step up.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/04/12/as-reports-of-blatant-racism-against-black-people-surface-in-china-we-eagerly-await-a-response-from-the-nba/

Someone somewhere is at their computer right now writing the article using unquestionable logic explaining how this is all Orange Man's fault and you know one or more of the congress critters is going to run with it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2213 on: April 12, 2020, 11:57:08 AM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2214 on: April 12, 2020, 12:05:02 PM »
They said they wouldn't be taking back around here.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2215 on: April 12, 2020, 12:22:52 PM »
They said they wouldn't be taking back around here.

Raise a big enough stink and Walmart will take anything back.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2216 on: April 12, 2020, 12:26:21 PM »
Careful. I got raked over the coals for daring to assert that.  ;/

Citation needed.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2217 on: April 12, 2020, 01:07:37 PM »
Well looks like meat is going to get more expensive. Smithville closed South Dakota plant for at least two weeks could be longer.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #2218 on: April 12, 2020, 01:38:31 PM »

In the end, we have only the rights we are willing to die, and kill, for.
 That is the only thing that stops the expansion of power. 
 All the rest, the law, the courts, is all window dressing.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2219 on: April 12, 2020, 01:55:41 PM »
That one sailed right over your head, didn't it?
....But UNDER the radar ..... [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2220 on: April 12, 2020, 02:12:18 PM »

Why would anyone goto the trouble of returning $20 worth of paper towels?  You'll use them eventually.  (Rhetorical.  People are stupid)
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2221 on: April 12, 2020, 02:20:25 PM »
Well looks like meat is going to get more expensive. Smithville closed South Dakota plant for at least two weeks could be longer.

Smithville must be a small player, they aren't one of the big four. Friday commodity reports says that packers have surplus of meat in frozen inventory.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #2223 on: April 12, 2020, 03:31:48 PM »
Yes it is.  CBS proved it by using video of an Italian hospital overflowing with CV patients to depict a New York City hospital.  After being called out for it the first time, they claimed it was an error in editing the story.
Then they doubled down and did it again for another story on hospital overcrowding.

CBS's lazy journalism doesn't change anything. 

JD

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2224 on: April 12, 2020, 03:59:06 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife