Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453332 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #2626 on: April 26, 2020, 04:34:49 PM »
Restaurants fail all the time, but usually not all at once.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2627 on: April 26, 2020, 07:39:58 PM »
Anouther Smithfield plant has closed down

Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2628 on: April 27, 2020, 11:43:55 AM »
As I read about more and more of these incidents, it's becoming mind-boggling how little common sense some of these authorities have. These have become excellent examples of "letter of the law" vs "spirit of the law". Alternately known as, "The law is an ass".

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/04/27/just-asinine-ben-shapiro-shares-infuriating-story-in-thread-about-police-harassing-elderly-couple-on-a-beach-with-lockdown-rules/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2629 on: April 27, 2020, 12:21:40 PM »
That kind of stuff makes my tinfoil hat start warming up. Are the lock down restrictions about keeping people safe or are they about seeing how far they can push a docile public with draconian restrictions on their liberty?

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2630 on: April 27, 2020, 12:32:40 PM »
That kind of stuff makes my tinfoil hat start warming up. Are the lock down restrictions about keeping people safe or are they about seeing how far they can push a docile public with draconian restrictions on their liberty?

I tend to apply Occam's razor and just attribute it to both stupidity and power tripping. Yet, it does show both how far they can push and how much people will stand.

Also who the quislings are. I see a lot of the urban "anti-protestors" continue to yell about the dumb redneck protestors all getting the virus because they want a haircut (seems to be the most popular MSM reason), not because these lockdowns have kept them from earning money. The post analysis of all this will be interesting. while we can argue that shutting down crowded venues like bars where people congregate shoulder to shoulder on Friday nights was a smart move, a lot of people and businesses got caught in that riptide.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2631 on: April 27, 2020, 12:48:51 PM »
Yeah, this makes lots of sense, you can take a boat out but you can't fish from it because COVID-19.
 :facepalm:

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/coroanvirus-washington-state-anglers-fishing-ban-protest
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2632 on: April 27, 2020, 01:23:25 PM »
Ben remarked,

"I tend to apply Occam's razor and just attribute it to both stupidity and power tripping. Yet, it does show both how far they can push and how much people will stand."

Related to that:

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and, accordingly, all experience has shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2633 on: April 27, 2020, 01:37:49 PM »
Interesting.  If true, I am curious how long they have been doing it.

According to the linked article...10 years.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2634 on: April 27, 2020, 03:32:35 PM »

Like Ben, I also tend to apply Occam's Razor to the issue.  As he noted, it's mostly power tripping and stupid doing as stupid does.
But I also believe some (hopefully few) politicians and government officials with totalitarian tendencies are taking notes about how the public is reacting to the lockdowns.  They are also watching law enforcement closely to see whether they willingly enforce the more blatantly unconstitutional restrictions that have been placed on us.  And as most of us know, a number of LEOs have gone along with the program quite willingly.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2635 on: April 27, 2020, 03:37:47 PM »
56k deaths in the US so far from Covid-19
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2636 on: April 27, 2020, 03:56:34 PM »
Think of how many lives might have been saved, if we'd banned fishing a long time ago.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2637 on: April 27, 2020, 04:08:16 PM »
Think of how many lives might have been saved, if we'd banned fishing a long time ago.

Not banned in Iowa, can't do anything about it being in other states because I'm not a resident nor fish there.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2638 on: April 27, 2020, 04:14:58 PM »
56k deaths in the US so far from Covid-19

Bullshit
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2639 on: April 27, 2020, 04:40:33 PM »
Bullshit

What I heard in the news at noon, if you can show me a non "Rush/Beck/Jones/any pundit/TMZ/WND/etc" news article that shows differently, I will believe you.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2640 on: April 27, 2020, 05:02:58 PM »
What I heard in the news at noon, if you can show me a non "Rush/Beck/Jones/any pundit/TMZ/WND/etc" news article that shows differently, I will believe you.

I think he's talking about deaths being counted, where Covid may not have been the actual cause.

The fishing thing wasn't aimed at you, it just came after you chronologically.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2641 on: April 27, 2020, 05:05:30 PM »

See my video in the facebook group from the woman running the covid 19 response in the state, Illinois isn't even lying about what they are doing. They spelled out clearly that all people who die while infected regardless of real reason of death will be considered a covid 19 death if the virus is present. The video is right from the horsefaces mouth.

The numbers are bullshit.

My friend Chuck was coded as a covid-19 death despite the comorbidities of a smoker with COPD, in his 80's, taking a fall sending him to the hospital and being diagnosed with pneumonia.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2642 on: April 27, 2020, 05:22:21 PM »
They *have* to lie -- pad the numbers to make up for the undiagnosed cases.   :facepalm:
"It's good, though..."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2643 on: April 27, 2020, 05:25:36 PM »
They *have* to lie -- pad the numbers to make up for the undiagnosed cases.   :facepalm:

They have to lie to pad the numbers because they know their models were nonsense.  They used the output of the models to scare the crap out of everybody and justify the lockdowns that destroyed the economy.  It's ass covering time.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2644 on: April 27, 2020, 05:26:21 PM »
I'd have to dig for the article, but I'm pretty sure even the commie pinko Idaho Statesman had an article about "COVID related" definitions for death as COVID deaths. I.e., had a heart attack but were also asymptomatic with COVID? COVID death.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2645 on: April 27, 2020, 06:22:01 PM »
One can stipulate that the China Virus is a very contagious nasty bug and still believe the numbers are BS.

That the numbers are BS isn't even open for debate.

They told the public the truth buried in hours of panic now! briefings.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2646 on: April 27, 2020, 07:11:48 PM »

"PISCINE LIVES MATTER!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2647 on: April 27, 2020, 09:16:56 PM »
See my video in the facebook group from the woman running the covid 19 response in the state, Illinois isn't even lying about what they are doing. They spelled out clearly that all people who die while infected regardless of real reason of death will be considered a covid 19 death if the virus is present. The video is right from the horsefaces mouth.

The numbers are bullshit.

My friend Chuck was coded as a covid-19 death despite the comorbidities of a smoker with COPD, in his 80's, taking a fall sending him to the hospital and being diagnosed with pneumonia.

I thought that video was supposed to be a joke, well it still fits with pundit/not a credible source category.

Uranus is a gas giant.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #2648 on: April 27, 2020, 09:39:14 PM »
Ben remarked,

"I tend to apply Occam's razor and just attribute it to both stupidity and power tripping. Yet, it does show both how far they can push and how much people will stand."

Related to that:

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and, accordingly, all experience has shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."

Terry

I think those propagating the suffering are about to find out there is a limit. Once that limit is reached, the suffering won't simply be held at a plateau but will be relieved with extreme prejudice. The last time that limit was reached, there was a revolution and the freest country on the planet was born. It's about time for a rebirth of freedom. I think they forget that we are still armed.

Those in charge have failed to assure that revolution doesn't become necessary. I believe those in charge have forgotten they serve at our pleasure not their's. I do not foresee a peaceful end to the tyranny we face.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2649 on: April 27, 2020, 10:16:27 PM »
I thought that video was supposed to be a joke, well it still fits with pundit/not a credible source category.

https://www.facebook.com/drericnepute/posts/2625920074322788