Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453612 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #4675 on: December 22, 2020, 12:06:02 PM »
"The white population of the United States increased by 17.5 percent between 1950 and 1960, as compared with 26.7 percent for the nonwhite population, so that white persons constituted 88.6 percent of the total population in 1960 and 89.3 percent in 1950."

https://www.census.gov/library/publications/1961/dec/pc-s1-10.html

OK, we'll call it 89% in 1950 and 88% in 1960.

10% of the remaining population were the Black citizens which presented unique struggles of integrating into society due the history of slavery. That gives us 98 and 99% of the population.

So if Charby was talking about Blacks he should have said so, instead of making it sound like there was this huge population of non-whites being discriminated against.

Blacks were discriminated against both unfairly and fairly in America in the 50's and 60's.

And what is with lumping all whites into one category?

The white population of the USA (and Europe for that matter) is anything but homogeneous.

Unless you are just judging by the color of ones skin.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4676 on: December 22, 2020, 12:07:50 PM »
Some people may need to take off rose colored glassed when looking at the past. I think you need to take off the soot-covered ones.

Yeah, that ain't soot covering his eyes  :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4677 on: December 22, 2020, 12:19:41 PM »
Sign of the apocalypse:  AOC is actually making sense.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/12/22/ben-shapiro-candace-owens-and-other-conservatives-are-in-full-agreement-with-aoc-after-she-called-the-covid-relief-bill-hostage-taking/

Quote from: AOC
This is why Congress needs time to actually read this package before voting on it.

Members of Congress have not read this bill. It’s over 5000 pages, arrived at 2pm today, and we are told to expect a vote on it in 2 hours.

This isn’t governance. It’s hostage-taking.

And by the way, it’s not just members who need to see the bill ahead of time - YOU do.

The PUBLIC needs to see these bills w enough time to contact their rep to let them know how they feel.

Members are reeling right now bc they don’t have time to consult w/ their communities.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4678 on: December 22, 2020, 12:24:30 PM »
OHHHHH, so when YOU pine for the past, it's not about racism. But when other people pine for the past, it's obviously about racism. Got it.

Statistics to back that up?

https://nces.ed.gov/pubs98/yi/yi16.pdf
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4679 on: December 22, 2020, 12:32:30 PM »
https://nces.ed.gov/pubs98/yi/yi16.pdf

So, black people were making massive gains in income and gained ground on white incomes during the period of 1950-1970, as I reported?

Thanks for confirming what I said- the 1950s were a time of great improvement for black people.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4680 on: December 22, 2020, 12:59:03 PM »
How quickly their opinion can change.

'Modern day miracle': Beshear applauds work behind COVID-19 vaccine before receiving first dose
https://www.wlky.com/article/modern-day-miracle-beshear-applauds-work-behind-covid-19-vaccine-before-receiving-first-dose/35044968
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #4681 on: December 22, 2020, 01:44:00 PM »
Charby,

Can we agree on the following?

1. There have been bad things done in the past in the US.  Those bad things are bad.
2. There have been good things done in the past in the US.  Those good things are good.
3. There have been structurally bad things about he US system.  Those things should be changed.
4. There have been structurally good things about the US system.  Those things should not be changed.
5. Some good things have changed for the worse.
6. Some bad things have changed for the better.
7. It is possible to wish for the return of good things that have been lost without simultaneously wishing for the return of the bad things that were done away with.

Your presumption in this conversation (and totally separately the presumption of leftwing pundits) seems to be that anyone who calls for the restoration of something positive that was lost must also want the restoration of the bad things that existed back when as well. 

I posit that is not the case, and one need not think things were 100% perfect at any given point to say (for instance) they wish that a bad law had not been passed.  Further, just as telling the story in terms strictly of winners or losers misses a big part of the truth, trying to make the story strictly about race and defining all members of that race as either winners or losers might miss a good bit of the story and truth too.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4682 on: December 22, 2020, 01:52:57 PM »
^^^Cordex, your numbered list should be engraved on a stone tablet somewhere.  I like it.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4683 on: December 22, 2020, 02:46:38 PM »
Charby,

Can we agree on the following?

1. There have been bad things done in the past in the US.  Those bad things are bad.
2. There have been good things done in the past in the US.  Those good things are good.
3. There have been structurally bad things about he US system.  Those things should be changed.
4. There have been structurally good things about the US system.  Those things should not be changed.
5. Some good things have changed for the worse.
6. Some bad things have changed for the better.
7. It is possible to wish for the return of good things that have been lost without simultaneously wishing for the return of the bad things that were done away with.

Hard not to disagree. So yes, I agree with you.

Your presumption in this conversation (and totally separately the presumption of leftwing pundits) seems to be that anyone who calls for the restoration of something positive that was lost must also want the restoration of the bad things that existed back when as well. 

I posit that is not the case, and one need not think things were 100% perfect at any given point to say (for instance) they wish that a bad law had not been passed.  Further, just as telling the story in terms strictly of winners or losers misses a big part of the truth, trying to make the story strictly about race and defining all members of that race as either winners or losers might miss a good bit of the story and truth too.

We all pine for things in past, wouldn't be human if you didn't. But one also needs to look at why things aren't the same at the same time. Politicians and money suck too.

For example I wish anti gun folks would realize that gun control laws are rooted in racism.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4684 on: December 22, 2020, 03:33:23 PM »
Sign of the apocalypse:  AOC is actually making sense.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/12/22/ben-shapiro-candace-owens-and-other-conservatives-are-in-full-agreement-with-aoc-after-she-called-the-covid-relief-bill-hostage-taking/

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile. But she is entirely correct. No legislator should ever vote on a bill that he or she has not been given an opportunity to read and digest. Asking [exhorting/requiring] them to do so is not leadership, it's tyranny.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #4685 on: December 22, 2020, 03:43:41 PM »
We all pine for things in past, wouldn't be human if you didn't. But one also needs to look at why things aren't the same at the same time. Politicians and money suck too.
Fair enough.  So you obviously brought race into the conversation for a reason - apparently because you saw it as a factor for something that someone else was failing to consider.  Could you elaborate a bit on what you thought that was contributing?

For example I wish anti gun folks would realize that gun control laws are rooted in racism.
Yes, this is true, but it doesn't mean that everyone who advocates for modern gun control are doing so with racist intent.  Nor is racially motivated evil the only kind of evil that needs to be guarded against.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #4686 on: December 22, 2020, 05:35:29 PM »
There are more important things to discuss. This virus could be like the chickenpox. Only instead of getting shingles, you'll end up getting clapboards.  :old:

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4687 on: December 22, 2020, 06:51:41 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4688 on: December 22, 2020, 06:54:17 PM »
^^^lol!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #4689 on: December 22, 2020, 07:01:08 PM »
Oh PLEASE let that be true!   :rofl: [ar15] [ar15]

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4690 on: December 22, 2020, 07:41:45 PM »
Oh PLEASE let that be true!   :rofl: [ar15] [ar15]

Well, it's CNN,  so it's most likely fake news .....  [tinfoil] [popcorn]   .......  :rofl:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4692 on: December 22, 2020, 08:34:25 PM »
Absolutely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ISBJc1wFk

Stole that and posted it on fecesbook,
Already got three people offended.
Winning!

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4693 on: December 23, 2020, 12:12:45 AM »
It's the Pax. The G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate that we added to the air processors. It was supposed to calm the population, weed out aggression. Well, it works. The people here stopped fighting. And then they stopped everything else. They stopped going to work, they stopped breeding, talking, eating. There's 30 million people here, and they all just let themselves die.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4694 on: December 23, 2020, 07:52:46 AM »
It's the Pax. The G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate that we added to the air processors. It was supposed to calm the population, weed out aggression. Well, it works. The people here stopped fighting. And then they stopped everything else. They stopped going to work, they stopped breeding, talking, eating. There's 30 million people here, and they all just let themselves die.

That could be a good premise for a movie or TV show.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4695 on: December 23, 2020, 08:42:14 AM »
That could be a good premise for a movie or TV show.

Nah, never work.

Well, maybe if Disney decided to steal the idea. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4696 on: December 23, 2020, 09:22:02 AM »
I just heard on the TV that the CCP bioweapon has made it to Antarctica. Apparently the entire Chilean contingent there is infected.

This bodes ill for when the zombie apocalypse hits. Seems going remote isn't that big of a help. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4697 on: December 23, 2020, 09:25:56 AM »
I just heard on the TV that the CCP bioweapon has made it to Antarctica. Apparently the entire Chilean contingent there is infected.

This bodes ill for when the zombie apocalypse hits. Seems going remote isn't that big of a help. :)

I'm sure they cycle personnel in and out all the time so it was bound to happen sooner or later.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4698 on: December 23, 2020, 10:28:06 AM »
Knock Knock
Who's there?
COVID-20
COVID-20 who?

Just days after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a second COVID-19 vaccine for Emergency Use Authorization, news broke of a mutant coronavirus strain with “significantly faster” transmission rates making its way through the U.K., per The Washington Post.

This variant, which has been dubbed “COVID-20” on social media, first emerged in southeast England in September, and has quickly dominated surrounding regions since. Some areas of England, including London, have now entered into “Tier 4” stay-at-home restrictions, which forbids mixing of households. Restaurants may only do takeout or drive-thru service, and only essential retailers, like grocery stores, may stay open.

Doctors explain the new mutant coronavirus strain that shut down the UK
https://www.wlky.com/article/britain-covid-19-coronavirus-mutation/35048860

- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4699 on: December 23, 2020, 12:27:57 PM »
Knock Knock
Who's there?
COVID-20
COVID-20 who?

Doctors explain the new mutant coronavirus strain that shut down the UK
https://www.wlky.com/article/britain-covid-19-coronavirus-mutation/35048860

Aha!   Now we know where THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN came from!!!  [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero