Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453744 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5550 on: August 09, 2021, 06:26:10 PM »
Conservatives are not their market. The largest groups of unvaccinated are in large democat cities. They just don't want that narrative getting out.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5551 on: August 09, 2021, 07:41:54 PM »
At first I thought this was just some rando, but apparently it's part of a series of videos from the White House PR dept to promote vaccination.

As the comments suggest, if the WH is blaming conservatives for not getting vaccinated, they may have wanted to go in another direction. This will have the opposite effect on most conservatives.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/08/09/cringe-alert-will-this-latest-video-from-the-white-house-convince-many-people-to-get-vaccinated/

What in the actual *expletive deleted*ck was that? Tell me that was some kind of parody and not an actual release from the government.  :rofl:
 :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #5552 on: August 09, 2021, 08:38:25 PM »

The findings are reassuring, especially given early reports during the pandemic that protective neutralizing antibodies didn’t last in COVID-19 patients, said Rafi Ahmed, director of the Emory University Vaccine Center and a lead author of the paper.

That's just one example of why I find this entire "pandemic" to be one huge farce.

I'd laugh my fool head off if the "pandemic" didn't contain so much sadness in so many forms.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5553 on: August 10, 2021, 09:03:18 AM »
Meanwhile, in France, people are walking around with QR codes for cops and businesses to scan. Not to be all over the top, but watching the videos of that QR scanning really reminds me of "mark of the beast".

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/08/10/papers-please-armed-police-officers-begin-enforcing-vaccine-passport-rules-in-paris/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5554 on: August 10, 2021, 09:07:24 AM »
2020: I'm your worse *expletive deleted*ing nightmare
2021: Hold my beer
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5555 on: August 10, 2021, 09:19:32 AM »
What in the actual *expletive deleted*ck was that? Tell me that was some kind of parody and not an actual release from the government.  :rofl:
I heard someone say that might be an actual assistant to Jen Psaki (press secretary). 

The administration is paying out money to YouTube and other social media (the Chinese video app) "influencers" to push the vaccines.  I heard it was as much as $50K to some.  I figure they are getting more marching orders than just vaccination propaganda. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5556 on: August 10, 2021, 09:22:56 AM »
Meanwhile, in France, people are walking around with QR codes for cops and businesses to scan. Not to be all over the top, but watching the videos of that QR scanning really reminds me of "mark of the beast".

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/08/10/papers-please-armed-police-officers-begin-enforcing-vaccine-passport-rules-in-paris/
The uniforms are different, but you could cut in just about any movie footage of WWII in Nazi territory where they were stopping people to check their papers and travel passes.  I guess I will likely see that soon if youtube and others don't block it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 09:48:25 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zahc

• friend
« Reply #5557 on: August 10, 2021, 12:34:50 PM »
I've been told that a standard technique in France is to have one person with a valid pass enter into a club then then send screenshots of their QR code to the friends still outside to scan them in. The restaurants are supposed to verify ID also but they don't really care usually.

Worse than the existence of the pass at all, is the government mandating or even having the bravery to ask private businesses to enforce it. It's an unfunded recruitment of private labor for government enforcement. Everyone should refuse to play along and require the government to hire millions of enforcers rather than expect private businesses to act as police or bureaucrats.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5558 on: August 10, 2021, 02:44:20 PM »

We are living in clown world.

Unfortunately, it is not as funny as the name would suggest.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5559 on: August 10, 2021, 10:19:03 PM »
Sen. Rand Paul suspended from YouTube for making false COVID claims, per report
https://www.wave3.com/2021/08/11/sen-rand-paul-suspended-youtube-making-false-covid-claims-per-report/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5560 on: August 10, 2021, 10:43:14 PM »
If your last name is Obama, you are immune to the virus and also can't be a carrier. Otherwise the MSM would be all over this [trump] wouldn't they?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mainstream-media-silent-obama-dances-maskless-crowded-tent

Did anybody happen to notice how silent "Freaky Fauci" was when it came to "Jug-Ears" birthday party?  And on Lollapalooza in Chicago?  :O
But he lambasted an open air gathering of motorcyclists (Sturgis), calling it a "superspreader event".
  :mad:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5561 on: August 10, 2021, 10:48:28 PM »
Obama and Lollapalooza attendees are sophisticated,  bikers are just a bunch of dirty Patriots.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5562 on: August 11, 2021, 08:57:39 AM »
Rand Paul has been suspended from youtube for "misinformation". The "misinformation" was a quote directly from peer reviewed, published research that indicated cloth masks were ineffective.

I don't like any of youtube's "curating", but when they do it to media people for making opinion statements or hearsay, even though they only seem to do so for certain views, that's one thing. When they start "curating" PEER REVIEWED stuff, that's outright thought control.

Several of us in this thread have posted links to peer reviewed research, with the various links often contradicting each other, but that's what science is all about. Various researchers arrive at different conclusions, so you discuss and continue research. Once you start censoring and "disappearing" vetted research, not only are you being totalitarian, you're actually crushing the scientific method.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5563 on: August 11, 2021, 09:00:24 AM »
Looks like Oregon is going back to mandatory indoor masking:

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown (D) announced on Tuesday that she will reimpose a statewide mandate for masks to be worn in all indoor public settings to address a surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations driven by the delta variant.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/oregon-governor-to-reimpose-statewide-indoor-mask-mandate_3942984.html

I guess I'll be fighting traffic and driving in the Boise direction for a while to shop instead of going Oregon-way.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5564 on: August 11, 2021, 10:27:12 AM »

I don't like any of youtube's "curating", but when they do it to media people for making opinion statements or hearsay, even though they only seem to do so for certain views, that's one thing. When they start "curating" PEER REVIEWED stuff, that's outright thought control.

Several of us in this thread have posted links to peer reviewed research, with the various links often contradicting each other, but that's what science is all about. Various researchers arrive at different conclusions, so you discuss and continue research. Once you start censoring and "disappearing" vetted research, not only are you being totalitarian, you're actually crushing the scientific method.

Word.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5565 on: August 11, 2021, 10:43:06 AM »
Guy on another forum posted he just got a call from school, his kid is refusing to wear a mask. This should be fun.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5566 on: August 11, 2021, 01:07:16 PM »
Rand Paul has been suspended from youtube for "misinformation". The "misinformation" was a quote directly from peer reviewed, published research that indicated cloth masks were ineffective.

The banschwerk is lowered whenever something does not support the narrative.  Truth and accuracy does not matter at all.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5567 on: August 11, 2021, 02:55:10 PM »

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5568 on: August 11, 2021, 04:03:52 PM »
Looks like Oregon is going back to mandatory indoor masking:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/oregon-governor-to-reimpose-statewide-indoor-mask-mandate_3942984.html

I guess I'll be fighting traffic and driving in the Boise direction for a while to shop instead of going Oregon-way.

*expletive deleted*ck her, no I won't.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5569 on: August 11, 2021, 04:05:21 PM »
Guy on another forum posted he just got a call from school, his kid is refusing to wear a mask. This should be fun.

Good!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5570 on: August 12, 2021, 08:58:04 AM »
In reference to variable results in various peer reviewed studies, this story in the Epoch Times is a good example:

“Our observational study suggests that while both mRNA COVID-19 vaccines strongly protect against infection and severe disease, there are differences in their real-world effectiveness relative to each other and relative to prior months of the pandemic. Larger studies with more diverse populations are warranted to guide critical pending public and global health decisions, such as the optimal timing for booster doses and which vaccines should be administered to individuals who have not yet received one dose,” they wrote.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/effectiveness-of-some-covid-19-vaccines-has-dropped-significantly-study_3945480.html

For those that can't read the link, the papers are linked below. It's basically looking at efficacy of the vaccines to date, with all of them showing some drop since introduction. Some studies show significant drops, others show minor drops. All of them seem to show the Pfizer vaccine becoming less effective at a greater percentage (or lower percentage of effectiveness) than Moderna.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.06.21261707v1.full.pdf

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2104974

https://www.gov.il/BlobFolder/reports/vaccine-efficacy-safety-follow-up-committee/he/files_publications_corona_two-dose-vaccination-data.pdf

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5571 on: August 12, 2021, 09:11:50 AM »
Son in law has tested positive for the kung-flu.  Pretty much experiencing just moderate cold/flu symptoms. His work required him to get tested because he was sick.
Wife and I have both been sick with mild to moderate cold and flu symptoms for 2 weeks now but are on the mend now, we did not submit for testing. The daughter has been in and out at our house during this time.
Fair chance we had it but there has been some sort of RSV bug going around as well.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5572 on: August 12, 2021, 09:50:40 AM »
Son in law has tested positive for the kung-flu.  Pretty much experiencing just moderate cold/flu symptoms. His work required him to get tested because he was sick.
Wife and I have both been sick with mild to moderate cold and flu symptoms for 2 weeks now but are on the mend now, we did not submit for testing. The daughter has been in and out at our house during this time.
Fair chance we had it but there has been some sort of RSV bug going around as well.

Reading my posts, I'm sure you know that I'm no "OMG COVID!!!" guy, but I would really recommend you get tested. If nothing else, you might find you had it, got over it, and now have natural immunity. Given what is being found regarding natural immunity, knowing you have it gives you options.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5573 on: August 12, 2021, 01:21:08 PM »
I had a bad case of the upper crud back in December of 2019... Then again in December of 2020... No test in 2019, tested negative for 'Rona and flu in 2020, but I still ran a 102 fever for most of two weeks.

I wonder how good the tests really are, and how many varieties there really are - and... I wonder how many of those varieties are the hazardous ones...
Blog under construction

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5574 on: August 12, 2021, 03:16:34 PM »
Reading your posts about what you folks have been through makes me realize how I have been blessed.
Somewhere between October and March, I would get the "sniffles" that would then move down to a scratch, burning throat.  It didn't stop there but went on to upper chest congestion with coughing and phlegm and last 4-12 weeks.  The last one of those I had was in 2015.
My elderly parent got the flu shot in October 2019 and came down with the flu and a UTI in March 2020 and spent a week in the hospital.  Despite being around them 1-2 days a week, nothing.  No flu, no nothing.  And this was the same parent that my younger brother and me to neighbor's houses (multiple times) when their kids had the mumps.  Neither of us ever got the mumps.
The first time I wore a mask was in taking my parent to the hospital in March.  The only other times since have been when I either took her to the doctor or had to go myself and ONLY because I was forced to mask up so I could hear what the doctor would tell her (memory problems). No store has been able to force me to wear the "diapers" although Menard's wouldn't let me in without one (I took my money elsewhere) and Walmart tried (and failed).
As I have not had any symptoms of any kind, nobody is willing to test me.  Is it possible that, like the mumps and the flu, I am already "naturally immune"?
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”