Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453809 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5575 on: August 12, 2021, 06:39:57 PM »
Is it possible that, like the mumps and the flu, I am already "naturally immune"?

In my non-expert opinion, you are not naturally immune, but you might be naturally resistant.  (same thing maybe, but considerably different degrees)  Or you might just have an unusually good immune system that fights off new diseases before you show symptoms.  Also you -- all of us -- might have some immunity to corona viruses if you've ever been sick with a different corona virus.
"It's good, though..."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5576 on: August 12, 2021, 08:12:25 PM »
What none of the talking heads seem to want to consider are "asymptomatic cases." Which seem to be EVERYWHERE!

And... The way that allegedly is supposed to work is "you catch the bug, and beat it like a rented red-headed mule..." And then you're theoretically good, right?

Except that it seems that there are umpteen different versions.

However... In the early isolated populations, a lot of people never even caught it to beat it - possibly they had had it before. Personally, I think we're seeing a wave of coronavirus summer colds. Which are enough like the Bad Nasty to test as... The "case" curve this year seems to be almost identical to last summer about this time.
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5577 on: August 13, 2021, 10:36:17 AM »
Well, my company has gone back to face masks.

Only this time, it's face masks for everyone, at all times when you're in the buildings, whether you're vaccinated or not.

I wonder how many people are going to die from lint lung?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5578 on: August 13, 2021, 10:42:31 AM »
The "case" curve this year seems to be almost identical to last summer about this time.

From what I've been hearing, the cases are a little higher, and deaths are lower. That's also what St Louis County's published stats show. Don't know about the city.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5579 on: August 13, 2021, 10:44:06 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/12/health/fda-covid-shots-immunocompromised-full/index.html

FDA authorizes third dose of vaccine for immunocompromised patients.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5580 on: August 13, 2021, 11:16:39 AM »
Here's St. Louis City's page. The overall case graph looks remarkably like last summer's... You'll need to scroll down a bit, and reset it from "90 days" to "full range."

The data is there, but they damn sure don't make it easy to see.

Death total went up by one yesterday.

https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/covid-19/data/index.cfm
Blog under construction

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5582 on: August 13, 2021, 02:38:40 PM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boise-police-arrested-a-man-for-not-wearing-mask-in-costco-now-he-wants-4-5-million/

Police arrived and arrested Hearn, with Hearn noting that other shoppers were cheering as police took him away.
Do you think that was because they like masks or because of his behavior?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5583 on: August 13, 2021, 02:52:08 PM »
In their incident report, police said they arrested Hearn after he refused to show them identification and he was later taken to Ada County Jail due to a previous trespassing incident.[/quote]

Sounds like he was jailed because he was violating a trespass order. Males sense,especially if he was not being cooperative with the POlice.

bob

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5584 on: August 13, 2021, 03:35:43 PM »
Here's St. Louis City's page. The overall case graph looks remarkably like last summer's... You'll need to scroll down a bit, and reset it from "90 days" to "full range."

The data is there, but they damn sure don't make it easy to see.

Death total went up by one yesterday.

https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/covid-19/data/index.cfm

Hillsborough County's data doesn't look at all like last summer's.  Either in cases, or in hospitalizations.  We're getting hit harder now than last summer, by a good amount.

More proof that localities matter, and in a sane world we'd have let local authorities decide the best public health actions based on their conditions, with governors and the feds standing by to provide resources to those local authorities as needed.  Of course that would have given elected officials less chance to grandstand, so we can't have that.

ETA:  Oops.  Forgot our data.
https://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/residents/public-safety/emergency-management/stay-safe/covid-19-dashboard

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5585 on: August 13, 2021, 03:42:37 PM »
In their incident report, police said they arrested Hearn after he refused to show them identification and he was later taken to Ada County Jail due to a previous trespassing incident.

Sounds like he was jailed because he was violating a trespass order. Males sense,especially if he was not being cooperative with the POlice.

bob

I'm wondering if this would have turned out the same at the other Costcos in the area. I haven't been to the Boise Costco in a couple of years, but I feel like it's a different crowd than mine. There's another new one between the two that I haven't been to yet. Still in Ada County like the Boise one, but in a more conservative area of the county. My Costco is in Canyon County, and during the covid, crossing between Ada and Canyon counties regarding rules and attitudes was noticeable.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5586 on: August 13, 2021, 03:52:34 PM »
Hmmm... Cases curving up at about the same point tho... What's the weather like there? More people staying indoors with other people?

St. Louis does have a pretty fair amount of people in poverty - many get free air conditioning, but others just tough it out.
Blog under construction

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5587 on: August 13, 2021, 04:00:08 PM »
The spike started fully a month later.  Weather is about normal for the time of year.  None of the crazy hot other places got.  I'm pretty confident it's a combination of the more contagious variant along with the dropping of FL's COVID mitigation restrictions (mask mandates, restaurant occupancy restrictions, theme parks occupancy restrictions, and such)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5588 on: August 13, 2021, 06:31:55 PM »
People buying fake vaccination cards off the internet. Who didn't see that coming?

Fines, 5 years in prison possible for those using fake COVID-19 vaccination cards
https://www.wfla.com/news/fines-5-years-in-prison-possible-for-those-using-fake-covid-19-vaccination-cards/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5589 on: August 13, 2021, 06:43:42 PM »
People buying fake vaccination cards off the internet. Who didn't see that coming?

Fines, 5 years in prison possible for those using fake COVID-19 vaccination cards
https://www.wfla.com/news/fines-5-years-in-prison-possible-for-those-using-fake-covid-19-vaccination-cards/

Five years in prison. While people who commit violent felonies get cut loose to commit murders a few days later. While antifa and blm burn and loot with no consequences. While urban yutes run wild shoplifting with zero consequences.

Between covid unjust laws and what's happening to the 06JAN people, while other groups have carte blanche to commit crime and mayhem, how does it not look like the US is dying?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5590 on: August 13, 2021, 07:59:16 PM »
Five years in prison. While people who commit violent felonies get cut loose to commit murders a few days later. While antifa and blm burn and loot with no consequences. While urban yutes run wild shoplifting with zero consequences.

Between covid unjust laws and what's happening to the 06JAN people, while other groups have carte blanche to commit crime and mayhem, how does it not look like the US is dying?

It's as if the US is confused as to which restroom to use.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5591 on: August 13, 2021, 08:47:36 PM »
Oh for *expletive deleted*s sake

JUST IN – Biden admin is discussing mandating #COVID19 vaccines for interstate travel, but worried that it would be too polarizing "for the moment" (AP)

— Disclose.tv 🚨 (@disclosetv) August 13, 2021
    From @AP: Biden is considering “mandating vaccines for interstate travel."

At the same time, he's releasing tens of thousands of illegal immigrants into the U.S. every month. pic.twitter.com/elkJqzjznS

— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) August 13, 2021
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/08/13/biden-admin-reportedly-considering-vaccine-passports-for-interstate-travel-but-not-for-entering-the-country-illegally/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5592 on: August 13, 2021, 08:57:54 PM »
My west property line is state line. I won't follow it and nobody around here will enforce it. The sheriffs on both sides of the line said last year they wouldn't enforce the mask mandates so they sure are not going to stop every car to see who has the jab.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5593 on: August 13, 2021, 09:03:48 PM »
I think it's more than a question of being "polarizing". The bigger question would be enforcement. I suppose they could get the "fruit and vegetable inspectors" at all the California border crossings to do it, but it seems like a manpower question in other states.

And I'm just bringing it up as purely theoretical on the operational front, as in, "If someone were stupid enough to try something like this...). Doing something like this could well cause violence.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5594 on: August 13, 2021, 09:24:06 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5595 on: August 14, 2021, 03:13:15 PM »
Regarding the fake vaccine cards, Hawaii just arrested a couple of people for using them. I see they were arrested after LE got a "tip". Lately, I'm seeing a whole lot of people dropping a dime on other people, often their neighbors, friends, or family. We're really creating something here.

Two men who flew into Hawaii recently were taken into custody upon landing for allegedly using fake COVID-19 vaccination cards, authorities said.

Norbert Chung, 57 and Trevor Chung, 19, were arrested on Aug. 8 at Daniel K. Inouye Airport in Honolulu, the Hawaii Department of the Attorney General said in a statement to news outlets.

The Chungs are accused of violating Hawaii’s Safe Travels Program, which forces visitors from the mainland to quarantine for 10 days unless they present proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test.

The pair was arrested after authorities received a tip they were using fake vaccination cards, according to the state Department of the Attorney General.

“Attorney General investigators are committed to ensuring all such leads are investigated and thank the community for their assistance and support,” the department said in its statement. “Along those lines, the Department of the Attorney General will investigate and prosecute those who cheat the Safe Travels program, which was established to keep our islands safe.”

The Chungs were arraigned on Aug. 10. They could be fined up to $5,000 and sent to jail for up to a year if convicted.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/two-hawaii-tourists-arrested-for-allegedly-using-fake-covid-19-vaccination-cards_3948748.html

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5596 on: August 15, 2021, 05:34:21 PM »
"Vaccine cards" - the newest version of "red flag laws".  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5597 on: August 15, 2021, 06:33:30 PM »
Regarding the fake vaccine cards, Hawaii just arrested a couple of people for using them. I see they were arrested after LE got a "tip". Lately, I'm seeing a whole lot of people dropping a dime on other people, often their neighbors, friends, or family. We're really creating something here.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/two-hawaii-tourists-arrested-for-allegedly-using-fake-covid-19-vaccination-cards_3948748.html
I imagine a lot of people 1) talk to much and 2) don't really know who their friends are.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5598 on: August 15, 2021, 06:46:50 PM »
I imagine a lot of people 1) talk to much and 2) don't really know who their friends are.

Three can keep a secret, if two are dead.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5599 on: August 15, 2021, 07:37:05 PM »
Three can keep a secret, if two are dead.

Or a few dozen. Just ask the Clintons.
- Calvin and Hobbes