Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453712 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5675 on: August 23, 2021, 08:56:32 AM »
Okay so having zero Covid transmission domestically, and all cases arriving from overseas is not zero Covid. That’s a bit silly for a standard - it’s like saying the US hasn’t eradicated malaria because it still exists in tropical countries and it hasn’t been 100 years since no cases in the US.

Having only Covid coming from overseas is a success in Covid management. That’s what our current lock downs will return us to.

The comparison to the USA, with hundreds of thousands dead and millions with lifelong complications speaks for itself. There’s no need to have that level of misery and strain on the public health system.

Allowing infected illegal aliens to swarm over the border then having the government ship them all over the country sure isn't a great infectious disease containment policy. A case could be made our government is perpetrating biological warfare against its own people with this satanic policy.

I believe in lockdowns, lockdown the borders to all immigration type of lockdown. Doesn't have to be permanent. Testing and quarantine for all visitors. Actually if they want to mandate vaccination status for visitors I couldn't care less. The problem is vaccines look to be losing their "punch". Testing and quarantine might end up being a better option. 

Government enforced sheltering in place, destroying small businesses, coercive vaccine policies and arbitrary unscientific rules (like social distancing) is just bureaucratic tyranny. 

Lock everyone in their houses, stop nearly all economic activity and make everyone afraid to talk to their neighbor face to face, force them to get an injection of a substance of unknown long term safety and we just might flatten the curve.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5676 on: August 23, 2021, 09:24:24 AM »
Never mind lockdowns and killing small businesses,  this will turn the public against you right quick:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-nsw-council-shoots-shelter-dogs-over-infection-fears/5B3ZYZ35BPVEGWQNQXOHMG5HL4/

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5677 on: August 23, 2021, 10:08:51 AM »
Okay so having zero Covid transmission domestically, and all cases arriving from overseas is not zero Covid. That’s a bit silly for a standard - it’s like saying the US hasn’t eradicated malaria because it still exists in tropical countries and it hasn’t been 100 years since no cases in the US.  1.

Having only Covid coming from overseas is a success in Covid management. That’s what our current lock downs will return us to. 2.

The comparison to the USA, with hundreds of thousands dead and millions with lifelong complications speaks for itself. There’s no need to have that level of misery and strain on the public health system. 3.

1. ALL covid19 came from somewhere else  - - - unless you're in Wuhan China.

2. It's not success, it's risk.   The only possible way not to have that risk is to completely ban entries into Australia.

3. We have had 600,000+  deaths.  I don't know where you get "millions with lifelong complications,"  which are rare but do exist.  America is much larger than Australia and New Zealand combined so, yes,  we're gonna have more problems,  especially as our current dysfunctional president has allowed our southern border to be effectively wide open and the "D" variant is very transmissable compared to the early version.
Your snark that "there's no need to have that level of misery and strain on the public healthcare system" is just plain nasty.
IT'S A PANDEMIC!!!! 
Plenty of other countries have suffered a lot of infections and deaths as well.  Italy, India, England.
Take your vile remarks and   *********
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5678 on: August 23, 2021, 10:18:31 AM »
Someone should lock their self in their room and never come out again.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #5679 on: August 23, 2021, 10:28:53 AM »

I believe in lockdowns, lockdown the borders to all immigration type of lockdown. Doesn't have to be permanent. Testing and quarantine for all visitors. Actually if they want to mandate vaccination status for visitors I couldn't care less. The problem is vaccines look to be losing their "punch". Testing and quarantine might end up being a better option. 

After bringing local transmission of Covid to zero, this is exactly what the NZ and Australian governments did and it worked. Vaccination and other control measures haven’t really been an issue because they didn’t need to be - you could be open with no Covid.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #5680 on: August 23, 2021, 10:30:49 AM »

2. It's not success, it's risk.   The only possible way not to have that risk is to completely ban entries into Australia.

3. We have had 600,000+  deaths.  I don't know where you get "millions with lifelong complications,"  which are rare but do exist.  America is much larger than Australia and New Zealand combined so, yes,  we're gonna have more problems,  especially as our current dysfunctional president has allowed our southern border to be effectively wide open and the "D" variant is very transmissable compared to the early version.
Your snark that "there's no need to have that level of misery and strain on the public healthcare system" is just plain nasty.
IT'S A PANDEMIC!!!! 
Plenty of other countries have suffered a lot of infections and deaths as well.  Italy, India, England.

Sorry, but pointing out that across two administrations no effective response to COVID has been mounted in the US is not snark. You can repeat that it’s inevitable as many times as you want, but that is demonstrably untrue evidenced by places that did respond effectively to the pandemic.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5681 on: August 23, 2021, 10:37:01 AM »
There are a handful of advantages to a totalitarian society and there are risks associated with a non-totalitarian society.

Personally, I'll take the risks.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5682 on: August 23, 2021, 10:40:29 AM »
There are a handful of advantages to a totalitarian society and there are risks associated with a non-totalitarian society.

Personally, I'll take the risks.

Yup.

Funny (well, sort of), I've been watching a bunch of Russian travel videos lately, and a country that we have historically viewed as somewhat totalitarian, seems to be pretty much wide open with few restrictions. More so than the USA.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5683 on: August 23, 2021, 10:42:07 AM »
Yup.

Funny (well, sort of), I've been watching a bunch of Russian travel videos lately, and a country that we have historically viewed as somewhat totalitarian, seems to be pretty much wide open with few restrictions. More so than the USA.

As long as you're not a threat to Putin
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5684 on: August 23, 2021, 10:45:41 AM »
You better go to the store De Shelby. Truckers say they are going to strike because of the lock downs.

Should be fun. Maybe the truckers will do it here for locked down states.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5685 on: August 23, 2021, 11:05:35 AM »
Okay so having zero Covid transmission domestically, and all cases arriving from overseas is not zero Covid. That’s a bit silly for a standard - it’s like saying the US hasn’t eradicated malaria because it still exists in tropical countries and it hasn’t been 100 years since no cases in the US.

Having only Covid coming from overseas is a success in Covid management. That’s what our current lock downs will return us to.

The comparison to the USA, with hundreds of thousands dead and millions with lifelong complications speaks for itself. There’s no need to have that level of misery and strain on the public health system.

Goddamn boy but you sure do love authoritarianism
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 11:29:39 AM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5686 on: August 23, 2021, 11:13:27 AM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #5687 on: August 23, 2021, 11:46:07 AM »
That's not sane.

This "sane".  What is "sane? "
  Please explain, and  give examples from current affairs.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5688 on: August 23, 2021, 11:54:44 AM »
Reminds me of that episode of Chernobyl where they're shooting the animals
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5689 on: August 23, 2021, 12:00:05 PM »

IT'S A PANDEMIC!!!! 

Of the 600k dead probably 550k would be dead anyway even had covid never been released (accidentally or intentionally doesn’t matter anymore) by the CCP. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5690 on: August 23, 2021, 12:02:16 PM »
*citation needed

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5691 on: August 23, 2021, 12:02:55 PM »
Reminds me of that episode of Chernobyl where they're shooting the animals

Horrifying as that was, it was really somewhat merciful as otherwise most would have starved to death.  The people were forced to leave them behind when they evacuated, and there wasn’t nearly enough food for them.  Plus the radiation.

The Aussie killing of shelter dogs that were otherwise being well cared for just because they wanted to stop people traveling is pure evil. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5692 on: August 23, 2021, 12:09:43 PM »
Horrifying as that was, it was really somewhat merciful as otherwise most would have starved to death.  The people were forced to leave them behind when they evacuated, and there wasn’t nearly enough food for them.  Plus the radiation.

The Aussie killing of shelter dogs that were otherwise being well cared for just because they wanted to stop people traveling is pure evil.

Agree fully. It just brought it to mind.
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #5693 on: August 23, 2021, 12:20:44 PM »
  This "sane".  What is "sane? "
  Please explain, and  give examples from current affairs.

Sanity is a numbers game. The definition is literally decided upon by societal/cultural consensus.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #5694 on: August 23, 2021, 12:53:00 PM »
Sorry, but pointing out that across two administrations no effective response to COVID has been mounted in the US is not snark. You can repeat that it’s inevitable as many times as you want, but that is demonstrably untrue evidenced by places that did respond effectively to the pandemic.

And you can point out all the little isolated places in the middle of an ocean that have had no problems all you want to but you have yet to inform us how a country the size of America can avoid a world wide pandemic.
I'd say that getting three vaccines ready inside of a year is a pretty darn good response to a major pandemic.  How many vaccines did Australia make?
Zero.  Nada. Zip. Ziltch.  And what % of Aussies are vaccinated? [popcorn]

As for isolated places, the island nation of Tonga  has true ZERO COVID.  No Covid 19 cases.  Of course it's a really small island few people ever even heard of.
I've never heard of it before now.

The more isolated the local is,  the easier it is to keep out THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN - - - - - oooops, covid 19 ... or any similar major respiratory pandemic.

The United States of America is the flip side of Tonga;  NOT isolated. I wish it was.

Do you rag on Italy, India, England, or other countries that have suffered with covid 19 as harshly as you do America?   
Or are you just laser-beam focused on America?
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5695 on: August 23, 2021, 04:38:35 PM »

I'm sure De Selby will be along to defend the actions of his fellow jack booted statists.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5696 on: August 23, 2021, 05:32:06 PM »

And you can point out all the little isolated places in the middle of an ocean that have had no problems all you want to but you have yet to inform us how a country the size of America can avoid a world wide pandemic.
I'd say that getting three vaccines ready inside of a year is a pretty darn good response to a major pandemic.  How many vaccines did Australia make?
Zero.  Nada. Zip. Ziltch.  And what % of Aussies are vaccinated? [popcorn]

As for isolated places, the island nation of Tonga  has true ZERO COVID.  No Covid 19 cases.  Of course it's a really small island few people ever even heard of.
I've never heard of it before now.

The more isolated the local is,  the easier it is to keep out THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN - - - - - oooops, covid 19 ... or any similar major respiratory pandemic.

The United States of America is the flip side of Tonga;  NOT isolated. I wish it was.

Do you rag on Italy, India, England, or other countries that have suffered with covid 19 as harshly as you do America?   
Or are you just laser-beam focused on America?

You look at his post history and it’s pretty much exclusively coming here to make snide remarks about America and in particular the healthcare system. One might say it’s trolling. And it’s 50/50 whether he will drive by troll or stick around for a few posts/pages

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5697 on: August 23, 2021, 05:36:25 PM »
He blinked

Gov. Beshear rescinds executive order mandating masks in schools, child care facilities
https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/gov-beshear-rescinds-executive-order-mandating-masks-in-schools-child-care-facilities/article_976d43e8-0432-11ec-b884-9b9ba3de120e.html

and then calls the National Guard to the hospitals

Kentucky seeking help from National Guard, FEMA to help overwhelmed hospitals
https://www.wlky.com/article/kentucky-seeking-help-from-national-guard-fema-to-help-overwhelmed-hospitals-covid/37377088
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5698 on: August 23, 2021, 07:45:13 PM »
Never too early to start a panic

ALERT: New super variant named “Covid-22” could be more dangerous than Delta strain, expert warnedhttps://t.co/uChKwKTyFv

— Insider Paper (@TheInsiderPaper) August 23, 2021
“Professor Doctor Sai Reddy of the federal technology institute ETH Zurich, an immunologist, believes that combination of existing strains could result in a new and more dangerous phase of the pandemic,” the paper reports. In other words, COVID-22 doesn’t exist yet and might not ever exist.
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/23/here-we-go-again-expert-warns-of-a-new-super-variant-dubbed-covid-22-that-could-be-more-dangerous-than-delta/
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend