Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453808 times)

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #7525 on: December 29, 2023, 10:26:58 AM »
The lab leak idea was dismissed early because people in power knew the CDC and other sources were funding the lab in question.  It was an attempt at a cover up.
That's the conclusion I reached with the information available at the time and don't recall being surprised at all. 
No, it wasn't peer reviewed, I can't provide sources, but whatever. I'm comfortable in my faith.  [tinfoil]
7-11 was a part time job.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7526 on: December 29, 2023, 01:28:52 PM »
I'm seeing a few more maskers... A few people insisting on "touchless" product delivery (gigglesnort).

Mostly still generally uneducated folks who watch too much television. Some of the youts have quit wearing the masks, because they got tired of getting side-eyed.

St. Louis City has taken pretty much all current mortality figures off their data web page. They are back to "cases" and "spread." People catch it. They get over it, unless they're already hanging out in Death's Waiting Room. Just like the flu, the "crud" has always been. I figure that some of the "free testing centers" have some serious frequent flyers - the folks who will take advantage of anything that is free. I have a guy who wants me to plug a code reader into his car every week. He thinks that keeps it running better. Sigh.

In "jobs that suck," they have someone testing sewage.

https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/covid-19/data/index.cfm
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7527 on: January 10, 2024, 07:49:31 AM »
Man, loudmouth and tough guy Howard Stern is kind of a big barrel of weaksauce.

https://www.outkick.com/howard-stern-finally-got-covid-back-to-lockdown/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7528 on: January 10, 2024, 03:47:23 PM »
Fauci cracks?
Of course exactly how he worded this stuff is the devil in the details.

During his second day of marathon grilling by Congress, the former White House advisor confessed that the lab leak - the idea Covid was engineered and accidentally released from a lab in Wuhan - was 'not a conspiracy theory'.

The U-turn is significant because he was the chief architect of a 2020 paper that discounted the theory. Fauci's friends and former colleagues also spearheaded a paper in the Lancet that called believers conspiracy theorists and racists.
Fauci also U-turned on his views of President Donald Trump's 2020 orders to restrict incoming travelers from China.

He told Congress yesterday that he supported the ban - despite publicly criticizing the move in 2020.
Dr Fauci told the committee that scientific data was not a driver of the blanket six-feet-distance recommendation to reduce the spread of the virus, saying that the rule 'just sort of appeared.'

Fauci FINALLY coughs up to Covid failures: Admits lab leak is credible, reveals HE told schools to impose vaccine mandates and even praises Trump on China!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12947075/Fauci-FINALLY-coughs-Covid-failures-admitting-lab-leak-credible-praising-Trump-China-revealing-told-schools-impose-vaccine-mandates.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7529 on: January 11, 2024, 04:38:58 PM »
Da KOVIDZ IS SPREDIN LIKE WILDFIRE BUT NO ONE IS PANICKING! WHY IS NO ONE PANICKING?????

https://www.wired.com/story/theres-a-huge-covid-surge-right-now-you-probably-didnt-notice/?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7530 on: January 14, 2024, 07:55:44 PM »
Fair increase over the past few days of folks with masks and moderately to interestingly crazy eyes...

Some of 'em are starting to do the covid dance too...
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7531 on: January 15, 2024, 07:53:50 AM »
News here today is that Tom Shales, a Pulitzer prize winner with the Washington Post (retired), has died of COVID.

I'm sure it will be blamed on Trump even though he was close to 80, overweight, and apparently had ongoing medical issues.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7532 on: January 15, 2024, 08:47:18 AM »
Don't worry, Disease X will come around and everyone will forget about COVID.  It is apparently a placeholder for the next pandemic.  I guess it is assumed there will be one.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/disease-x-next-pandemic-covid-b2478659.html
World leaders to meet to discuss threat of hypothetical ‘Disease X’ pandemic in Davos

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7533 on: January 18, 2024, 09:54:20 AM »
All clear on the covid at the World Economic Forum!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1747726039139107033
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7534 on: January 18, 2024, 09:56:34 AM »
To be fair, she has a painted-on mask, and that's probably about as effective in stopping COVID as the masks they were demanding we wear.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7535 on: January 18, 2024, 11:36:04 AM »
All clear on the covid at the World Economic Forum!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1747726039139107033

:rofl:

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Wow, I didn’t know Elizabeth Warren was at Davos
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1747792804560994770
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7536 on: January 18, 2024, 02:13:19 PM »
So they just didn't use the right "medicine" back in the day when smallpox blankets were a thing and the pre-colony plagues spread around. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7537 on: January 26, 2024, 03:15:36 PM »
https://hotair.com/headlines/2024/01/26/covid-19-lab-leak-case-closed-n607609

New documents may explain why no one has been able to find the SARS2 virus (aka SARS-CoV-2) infesting a colony of bats, from which it might have jumped to people. The reason would be that the virus has never existed in the natural world. Documents obtained by U.S. Right to Know, a health advocacy group, provide a recipe for assembling SARS-type viruses from six synthetic pieces of DNA designed to be a consensus sequence—the genetically most infectious form—of viruses related to SARS1, the bat virus that caused the minor epidemic of 2002. The probative weight of the recipe is that prior independent evidence already pointed to SARS2 having just such a six-section structure.

The documents unearthed by U.S. Right to Know, and analyzed by its reporter Emily Kopp, include drafts and planning materials for the already-known DEFUSE proposal, an application to DARPA, a Pentagon research agency, for a $14 million grant to enhance SARS-like bat viruses.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7538 on: January 26, 2024, 04:31:33 PM »
https://hotair.com/headlines/2024/01/26/covid-19-lab-leak-case-closed-n607609
But multiple "SCIENTISTS" told us it was natural!! 

The only thing consistent about the government is they lie to us. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7539 on: January 26, 2024, 04:34:25 PM »
But multiple "SCIENTISTS" told us it was natural!! 

To be fair, only the extremist fascist ones.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7540 on: January 26, 2024, 04:45:12 PM »
But what if the bats are fascist?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 04:58:09 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7541 on: February 04, 2024, 05:23:51 PM »
I was not aware he was doing this even three years ago, but this moron is CURRENTLY prosecuting people with felony charges for having fake covid vaccine cards. All while he just let a bunch of punks beat the crap out of some cops and let them head off to California, bail free.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/02/04/alvin-bragg-charging-fake-vaccine-cardholders-n2392540

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7542 on: February 04, 2024, 06:02:17 PM »
Yeah, he wants to be the next Democratic president.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7543 on: February 11, 2024, 01:45:53 PM »
I'll just leave this here as a data point. Not that this wasn't already known.
https://disinformationchronicle.substack.com/p/cdc-warns-cdcs-own-scientists-that
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7544 on: February 18, 2024, 11:44:01 AM »
Couldn't decide where to put this but I guess the mask comment and photo puts it here

alyssa edes
@alyssaedes
Jfc @united
, the air quality on this flight is horrifying and one, maybe two other people on this full flight of 170 people are wearing a mask. A reading like this means air is not circulating. CO2 itself at these levels are unhealthy, not to mention viruses being breathed out.
https://twitter.com/alyssaedes/status/1758614533185147350

Party like it's 2020

Masked 'Recovering Journo' Shaming United for Plane Air Quality ACCIDENTALLY Funniest Post of the Day
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/18/recovering-journo-mask-airline-n2393062

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7545 on: February 18, 2024, 11:55:55 AM »
I like how she's complaining about CO2 while wearing a mask that inhibits release of her own CO2 build up. I will give her props for, from the photo, actually wearing a mask properly with what looks like a good seal. Something rarely seen when covid scolds post selfies.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7546 on: February 24, 2024, 11:55:24 AM »
Kframe's norovirus thread reminded me of this: It's completely unscientific, and I'm my only data point, but after getting the OG covid19 back in 2019 (and a fairly potent case of it), I've simply had no illness of any consequence. I used to, like clockwork, get at least a couple of bad colds a year that would last a good week and knock me down. Since the OG, I've not had a single "real" cold. I can't help but think my natural immunity to the covid19 is protecting me against other covid forms. I've never taken a vaccine.

I've had a few instances where I felt like a cold was coming on, but at the most I took an airborne and Emergen-C cocktail, and maybe some night time Theraflu, and the next day was back to at least 90% if not 100%. I think one time it might have taken two days, but no entire weeks like before. Also, I'm currently in physical therapy, and about ten days ago when I was in, pretty much the entire staff there was sick. Sneezing, coughing, the works. I was actually kinda pissed off thinking I'd be getting sick for sure. Sure enough, a few days later I felt a tickle in my nose and what would normally be the beginning of something, but I took the cocktail and the next morning was fit as a fiddle.

Without more data, the null hypothesis would say "coincidence", but unscientifically, I can't help but think there's something to it.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7547 on: February 24, 2024, 01:39:26 PM »
Bull crap.

It's all the mask wearin' that Antony Fauchi made you do.

:rofl:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7548 on: February 25, 2024, 06:54:21 AM »
Partying like it's 2020 at The Rolling Stone

Rolling Stone Investigates What Type of Mask We Should Be Wearing Right Now
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/02/24/rolling-stone-investigates-what-type-of-mask-we-should-be-wearing-right-now-n2393275
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7549 on: February 25, 2024, 10:24:09 AM »
Couldn't decide where to put this but I guess the mask comment and photo puts it here
https://twitter.com/alyssaedes/status/1758614533185147350

Party like it's 2020

Masked 'Recovering Journo' Shaming United for Plane Air Quality ACCIDENTALLY Funniest Post of the Day
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/18/recovering-journo-mask-airline-n2393062

Regardless of her mask stuff, I can see being concerned about air quality on airlines these days.  The stuff we have seen pictures of like missing bolts or wing damage are the things we can see.