Author Topic: We need a showdown  (Read 1404 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
We need a showdown
« on: May 25, 2011, 02:36:36 PM »
http://blogs.forbes.com/kashmirhill/2011/05/25/tsa-threatens-to-cancel-all-flights-out-of-texas-if-groping-bill-passed/

I wish the TX legislature had gone forward.

AZ has been leading the charge with the illegal immigration issue.  It'd be nice if some other State would lead the charge with the TSA/10th amendment/4th amendment/enumeration of powers issue.

The TSA is a sickly, evil, self-perpetuating cancerous mass in a bloated Federal Government running on dialysis support.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: We need a showdown
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:20:34 PM »
If at first you don't secede, try again  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 03:36:23 PM »
If at first you don't secede, try again  ;)

or post about it  :lol:
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 06:21:01 PM »
Lt. Gov. Dewhurst is a coward who sabotaged the bill so his own Senate run didn't get tarnished....as far as I'm concerned, he's as bad as the RINO's....  [barf]
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 06:52:56 PM »
Before an idea can become action it must become part of the general conversation.  So, yes, post first...

Secession is just a five-dollar way of saying No and Hell No.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »
arizona is backing away from the immigration fight recently
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 02:09:14 AM »
Sure they are.  They realize they're fighting a no-win war given the posture of the Federal gov't and the Federal courts.  The immigration issue is not going to be resolved with "comprehensive...reform."  And that is because it has to do with the re-shaping, against the will of the American people, of the American culture by unelected Federal bureaucrats and their running dogs in NGOs, special interest pressure groups, various faith-driven charities, all guided by the princelings and princesses in the U.S. State Dept.  Illegal immigration, in the end, is about a rogue government.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.