Author Topic: Pedophilia charge... involves... the Pope's pedophilia adviser  (Read 3107 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
D'oh!   :facepalm:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2072613,00.html?xid=rss-world

Father Riccardo Seppia, a 51-year-old parish priest in the village of Sastri Ponente, near Genoa, was arrested last Friday, May 13, on pedophilia and drug charges. Investigators say that in tapped mobile-phone conversations, Seppia asked a Moroccan drug dealer to arrange sexual encounters with young and vulnerable boys. "I do not want 16-year-old boys but younger. Fourteen-year-olds are O.K. Look for needy boys who have family issues," he allegedly said. Genoa Archbishop Angelo Bagnasco, who is the head of the Italian Bishops Conference, had been working with Benedict to establish a tough new worldwide policy, released this week, on how bishops should handle accusations of priestly sex abuse.

A priest under the supervision of the Pope's pedophilia advisor is allegedly kiddo-shopping on the south Mediterranean coast.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
Re: Pedophilia charge... involves... the Pope's pedophilia adviser
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
Does he moonlight for the IMF?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 01:00:46 PM »
More great news for Catholics.

Stunning, as usual, that the Catholic Church hierarchy is quick to tell Catholic lay persons how to act, but is unable to control themselves.

No surprise that Catholics are now 24% of US population, and less than a third attend mass regularly.

I am getting very tired of their continual missteps, pontificating, and lack of common sense.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 01:53:50 PM »
A priest under the supervision of the Pope's pedophilia advisor is allegedly kiddo-shopping on the south Mediterranean coast.

Well, how else is he going to advise the Pope properly?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 02:07:37 PM »
The Catholic church is going to have to consider married clergy if they want to continue to be an entity in the Western First World.

Otherwise their legacy will be nothing but Gay zipper scandal and pedophilia.

They've already granted special dispensation to married Episcopals who wished to rejoin the RCC, and there's been a smattering of "special cases" where already married men have taken vows.
I promise not to duck.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 05:38:19 PM »
This thread title is very bad.

The "pedophilia advisor" is not accused of any crimes, it is another priest.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 05:52:21 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/valerie-tarico/the-protestant-clergy-sex_b_740853.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286153,00.html

interesting observations

Responding to heavy media scrutiny, the Catholic Church has reported that since 1950, 13,000 “credible accusations” have been brought against Catholic clerics (about 228 per year.) The fact that this number includes all credible accusations, not just those that have involved insurance companies, and still is less than the number of cases in Protestant churches reported by just three insurance companies, should be making front page of The New York Times and the network evening news. It’s not.

The report is even more telling if we consider the plethora of independent or “store front” Protestant churches that don’t have insurance and whose numbers, therefore, certainly are not taken into account in this study.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286153,00.html#ixzz1NUw0B6LK
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 06:05:13 PM »
The problem with this argument - and I am not  necessarily very anti-catholic - that part of the point of the Catholic church is that it is a single organization claiming to be monolithical and centrally controlled. This means that the system is responsible for its shortcomings.

"Protestantism" on the other hand is not a single whole. A Baptist church in Nebraska has no responsibility for misdeeds occuring in a Lutheran church in MA, and vice versa.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 09:12:43 PM »
The problem with this argument - and I am not  necessarily very anti-catholic - that part of the point of the Catholic church is that it is a single organization claiming to be monolithical and centrally controlled. This means that the system is responsible for its shortcomings.

"Protestantism" on the other hand is not a single whole. A Baptist church in Nebraska has no responsibility for misdeeds occuring in a Lutheran church in MA, and vice versa.

Yep, you want a doctrine of Papal Infallibility, that's the ultimate "the buck stops here".
I promise not to duck.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 11:37:26 PM »
Catholicism has been commingling sexuality with spirituality for two millennia.  They need to rethink the formula.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 05:45:02 PM »
Sounds parallel to gun owners to me.  There's always a few who...
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 06:16:16 PM »
Stunning, as usual, that the Catholic Church hierarchy is quick to tell Catholic lay persons how to act, but is unable to control themselves.

No surprise that Catholics are now 24% of US population, and less than a third attend mass regularly.

I am getting very tired of their continual missteps, pontificating, and lack of common sense.

Ironic post is ironic.

You simply cannot criticize priests for telling Catholics how to act. That is their job, regardless of their own degree of orthopraxy. Also, "pontificating;" look it up.  :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 07:24:27 PM »
and using the word involves is a stretch. 
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I