Author Topic: The Mexican Border  (Read 894 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Mexican Border
« on: July 26, 2019, 09:09:22 AM »
The Mexicans are apparently doing more to protect our border than we are.

More MSM fake news, and check out the angle of the photo, that conveniently cuts the soldier off right below the shoulder patches. The uniform is likely a giveaway, but the average MSM reader wouldn't know that, and it thus allows fake news about evil American soldiers confronting "asylum seekers" to proliferate.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/07/25/fake-news-in-real-time-reuters-tweet-showing-guatemalan-mother-begging-soldier-to-let-her-enter-u-s-is-missing-some-important-context/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: The Mexican Border
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 10:57:46 AM »
I saw that pic earlier today and the soldier was identified as Mexican National Guard. But it is much easier to leave that detail out, less typing involved. ;)

bob

eta link: https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/photo-captures-guatemalan-mother-begging-soldier-to-let-her-enter-us-2075511

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 12:49:39 PM »
Lying by omission is standard practice in the MSM.  Why include material facts which contradict your own views?

A lot of times this is due to higher-up editors and not necessarily because of the original reporter.  Or in this case, the  photographer, who as a matter of "good photography" and composition, would probably have included the full human figure in his original framing.

Some folks would say that omitting material facts is not lying in terms of actually telling an untruth, but I wonder how it fits in to the concept of "thou shalt not bear false witness."  I heard that phrase somewhere, but don't remember where.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 01:00:44 PM »
The article itself mentions the Mexican soldiers many times.
I can't tell if the tweet is spin, disinformation, or simply trying to cause outrage to get people to their site.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 01:44:05 PM »
Comment gold:
Thankfully this Mexican soldier saved these people from the American concentration camps.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 05:15:43 PM »

I can't tell if the tweet is spin, disinformation, or simply trying to cause outrage to get people to their site.

I don't see those options as mutually exclusive.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design