Author Topic: Bernie Sanders has emergency cardiac surgery  (Read 2849 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Bernie Sanders has emergency cardiac surgery
« on: October 02, 2019, 11:04:54 AM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/02/sanders-has-heart-stent-surgery-after-chest-discomfort-000164

Sounds like he has angina from blocked arteries and they placed a couple of stents for the blockages.  I wonder if this will effect the campaign.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Bernie Sanders has emergency cardiac surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 11:11:07 AM »
Why didn't he go to Venezuela for their excellent socialized medical care?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 11:17:41 AM »
^^^It is too long a flight for the private jet.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 11:22:47 AM »
That damned Trump and his NRA!!!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 11:27:48 AM »
^^^It is too long a flight for the private jet.

He could have gone to Canada. I'm sure their waiting list for a stent isn't that long.

bob

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 12:03:41 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/02/sanders-has-heart-stent-surgery-after-chest-discomfort-000164

Sounds like he has angina from blocked arteries and they placed a couple of stents for the blockages.  I wonder if this will effect the campaign.

I think you can stick a fork in him and his campaign, the US population is fickle, they think their 70 year old plus candidates should have the physical health of a 30 year old, especially for higher office. His chances were slim to none anyhow and were rapidly sliding toward none more every day.

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 12:28:50 PM »
This is Hillary's chance to jump in and save the day!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 12:39:40 PM »
... until she collapses again ...
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 12:41:59 PM »
I certainly don’t want him to ever be president. I don’t wish him any ill will either. I can’t help but thinking all that screaming he does every time he does a speech or debate can be good for someone with heart trouble. He always looks like he is about to be explode as it is.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 12:58:56 PM »
Nothing to worry about.

I read on the twitters that this is just a very MINOR and routine surgery.

... on a 78 year old.

... on a 78 year old heart.

No biggie at all! I mean, it's basically a band-aid!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2019, 01:05:42 PM »
I can’t help but thinking all that screaming he does every time he does a speech or debate can be good for someone with heart trouble. He always looks like he is about to be explode as it is.

I agree, that much anger is bad for a person.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2019, 02:06:54 PM »
I certainly don’t want him to ever be president. I don’t wish him any ill will either. I can’t help but thinking all that screaming he does every time he does a speech or debate can be good for someone with heart trouble. He always looks like he is about to be explode as it is.

Yup. Since the surgery, I think even his supporters are going to put together the heart trouble, his age, and the fact that he's an angry old man who when he isn't cranky, is yelling. None of it is good optics health-wise let alone anything else-wise. Looks like Warren is the lead candidate now.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 03:17:18 PM »
... until she collapses again ...

Don worry none.  She had her infusion of children's blood.  she's good to go for a while.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2019, 05:28:01 PM »
Looks like Warren is the lead candidate now.

Heard around work that Hillary is looking at options for running,  which is laughable.  Unless the Super Deligates choose her as the candidate like they did last time around.

Warren as the candidate would be interesting.   Big tech leans lib, but wouldn't support her because of her plans to destroy Google, Apple, Amazon, Facebook, and the other tech giants.  Might push those people to their party candidates or (gasp!) Trump.  In fact, candidate Warren and a strong anti-2A platform might just guarantee a second Trump win.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2019, 06:10:36 PM »
Read an article today where Warren is getting traction with big tech despite her animosity towards them.
Something  along the lines of- "She's right on everything else but my sector, maybe that isn't so bad".
 :facepalm:

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 07:11:21 PM »
Read an article today where Warren is getting traction with big tech despite her animosity towards them.
Something  along the lines of- "She's right on everything else but my sector, maybe that isn't so bad".
 :facepalm:
I think the "she isn't Donald Trump" angle is likely the leading factor. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2019, 09:23:47 PM »
Should of have dumped him into a VA waiting room and said "Here ya go, here's your govt run healthcare. Let us know if they call your name in the next six months"
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2019, 09:00:00 AM »
Don worry none.  She had her infusion of children's blood.  she's good to go for a while.

Supposedly this actually works.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2019, 09:09:02 AM »
Heard around work that Hillary is looking at options for running,  which is laughable.  Unless the Super Deligates choose her as the candidate like they did last time around.

She'll step in after all the dem candidates commit suicide in much the same way as the Romulan Senate did at the beginning of Star Trek: Nemesis
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 11:14:16 AM »
She'll step in after all the dem candidates commit suicide in much the same way as the Romulan Senate did at the beginning of Star Trek: Nemesis

I'd love to see Hillary run again and then lose to The Donald.  I can't even imagine the nuclear meltdown she would have.  It would be epic.   =D =D =D
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »
I'd love to see Hillary run again and then lose to The Donald.  I can't even imagine the nuclear meltdown she would have.  It would be epic.   =D =D =D

It would be worth keeping her out of prison for another year, just to watch.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2019, 07:58:44 PM »
It would be worth keeping her out of prison for another year, just to watch.

Her Royal Clintoness will not be going to jail.  She will never be held accountable for her crimes. :mad:
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2019, 03:05:27 AM »

The Romulans represented the communist Chinese.  Hillary is more akin to a Ferengi.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2019, 10:48:52 AM »
And Hillary will be his VP
I made that up but it wouldn't surprise me

Bernie Sanders Says He’s Up to the Stress of the Presidency Despite Heart Attack
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/15/bernie-sanders-says-hes-up-stress-presidency-despite-heart-attack/
- Calvin and Hobbes