Author Topic: Breaking up is hard to do . . .  (Read 1214 times)

HankB

• friend
Breaking up is hard to do . . .
« on: August 29, 2013, 09:15:08 AM »
. . . unless you're a North Korean dictator.

He had his ex-girlfriend and a number of performers from the Unhasu Orchestra, Wangjaesan Light Band and Moranbong Band executed by machine gun firing squad while family members watched, before they themselves were sent off to prison thanks to NK's "guilt by association" policy.

Not as imaginative as the execution of the former vice minister of the army, forced to stand on a spot that had been zeroed in for a mortar round and "obliterated" because he failed to show sufficient sorrow at the demise of Kim Jong Il.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/10272953/Kim-Jong-uns-ex-lover-executed-by-firing-squad.html
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Breaking up is hard to do . . .
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 09:23:13 AM »

NK is the only place that can make African news seem normal and tame.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 10:01:27 AM »
The gal from "Excellent Horse Like Lady?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5tkXgw2OMY

"Our factory comrades say in jest,
Why they tell me I am a virgin on a stallion
After a full day's work I still have energy left
My skills are truly like lightening they say
They say I am a virgin on a stallion
Yet again today I was the first to leave for work
Apparently my name was in the paper"

Sounds like her song was toeing the party line... work, pleb!
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 10:18:28 AM »
Ooohhhh ooohhh ooohhhh since the Norks are machine gunning musicians can we send all of our boy bands, Bieber, and Miley Cyrus?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 10:25:22 AM »
The gal from "Excellent Horse Like Lady?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5tkXgw2OMY

Sounds like her song was toeing the party line... work, pleb!

When it comes to toeing the party line . . . I like this one:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA6HHgJC5BE
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 10:54:18 AM »
The 12 who were executed were singers, musicians or dancers with the Hyon's band,, the Unhasu Orchestra or the Wanghaesan Light Music Band and were accused of making videos of themselves performing sex acts and then selling the recordings.

The reports stated that both groups have been disbanded as a result of the scandal.

Some of the musicians were also found to have bibles when they were detained and all were treated as political dissidents.

I suspect there is something else going on here.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 10:58:06 AM »

I suspect there is something else going on here.

Further down in the article:
Kim's wife, Ri Sol-ju, was also a member of the Unhasu Orchestra before marriage and one theory is that Ri objected to the continuing high profile of her husband's former girlfriend.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 02:54:34 PM »
Watch the video then look at the picture near the bottom in the report AZ linked to.  They were executed for making a crappy 1970's music video and then ripping off Disney (Mickey and Minnie in the lower left hand corner and a still from one of the princess movies as the backdrop).  Clearly using capitalistic, running dog,  American images.   Death to them all !!!

Oh, and I'm sure some of the women said mean things about Ri before she and Kim became an item.  Payback bitches !!!

Being a singer in a Nork Band/Orchestra:  Enough food to live.
Marrying the leader of North Korea:  Great food and lots of it.
Killing off your hubby's old girlfriends:  Priceless.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »
She won't be writing a book

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I