Author Topic: Florida Has a Private Army!!!!  (Read 1476 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Florida Has a Private Army!!!!
« on: December 04, 2021, 08:31:08 AM »
I think my subject line mirrors the MSM outrage. I actually was completely unaware of these State Guard units. I just assumed it was all National Guard.

This was another interesting example of MSM bias, though. DeSantis was put through the MSM (and Twitter and celebrity) wringer on this. Yet it turns out 23 other states have long had these units. Including NY, CA, and many other blue states. CNN went through 3/4s of an article of hand wringing and outrage before near the end of the article, they did a, "Oh, by the way, 23 other states have these."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sarah-silverman-msnbc-joy-reid-ron-desantis-civilian-military-force
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Florida Has a Private Army!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 08:51:04 AM »
Saw some of that last night

The image the MSM is trying to drum up

Reality

:facepalm:

« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 09:06:43 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 11:58:57 AM »
My (blue) home state has a state guard. They are not "secret police." There's nothing secret about them. They train alongside the National Guard, and are equipped similar to the National Guard. The reason for having them is to give the state a disaster response component that will still be available when the state's National Guard units have been federalized and sent off to some far corner of the globe to do the Army's work.

The State Guard is considered to be the state's official militia. As near as I can determine, the current state guard dates to 1939, although there are references claiming that they date to the colony's first militia back in 16xx. However, the same heritage is claimed for the state's National Guard, and they are separate organizations so that doesn't make sense.

On paper we also have a Naval Militia, but I don't think it has ever existed as an active entity.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 12:08:43 PM »
Apparently Kansas had a state guard unit during both world wars, when their national guard units were federalized.

Here's something interesting I didn't know:
The United States government made available for the individual states a number of Mosin–Nagant rifles which were ordered by the Russian Empire but never delivered due to the Russian Revolution. These surplus rifles were made available to the states for use by their state guards. Kansas requested and received, 1,273 of these surplus rifles and a large quantity of ammunition from the federal government. On April 30, 1919, the rifles and ammunition were returned to a federal arsenal.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 01:26:55 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_defense_force

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Guard_Association_of_the_United_States

Historical footnote: I believe those Mosin-Nagants were made by Remington UMC at the huge, old Remington factory in Bridgeport, Connecticut. And that factory was HUGE. I believe it has finally been razed, but I saw it from a train a number of years ago when traveling from New York to New Haven. The place seemed to go on forever. They even had their own shot tower.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2021, 03:08:56 PM »
Wonder where/who that "kidnapping of a governor" statement is aim at? Governor Adams?

MSNBC panel worries "Florida Man" and "right-wing extremist" @GovRonDeSantis reincarnating the Fla. State Guard will be used to "shoot looters" or precipitate the kidnapping of a governor pic.twitter.com/XBB8ZeJ9pA

— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) December 4, 2021
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/12/04/msnbc-panel-concerned-gov-desantis-will-use-state-guard-to-shoot-looters-among-other-things/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2021, 03:18:05 PM »
Listening to the video to see if they say what they meant by that and 1 minute in a migraine kicked in.
Don't think I've ever heard so much stupid in my life. Even dragging Rittenhouse into it.

Ah, they're referring to the gov of Michigan.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2021, 04:05:10 PM »
I learn something every day: there is a Washington State Guard.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2021, 04:14:21 PM »
I learn something every day: there is a Washington State Guard.

Here's a breakdown:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 07:47:05 PM »
Sweet!

The Louisiana State Guard (LSG) is Louisiana's Organized Militia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_State_Guard

"The Louisiana State Guard (LSG) is the official state defense force of the state of Louisiana. The LSG was first created during World War II. As a state defense force, the LSG is a part of the state militia of Louisiana, and can serve as a stateside replacement of the Louisiana National Guard while the National Guard is deployed. Unlike the Louisiana National Guard, the Louisiana State Guard is solely under state control, and cannot be federalized or deployed outside of Louisiana, guaranteeing additional soldiers will always be available to the governor to deploy in response to crises."
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2021, 07:57:52 PM »
Some states even have a Maritime (Navy) or Air component, :)

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2021, 08:11:39 PM »
Some states even have a Maritime (Navy) or Air component, :)

bob

Interesting. The CA Guard does weapons training, unlike many of the other guards. Why haven't these people been picking on California regarding their private army, I wonder?  ;/

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2021, 09:41:08 PM »
I was in the Massachusetts State Guard from 2000-2005. As you might expect we weren't taken too seriously even by our own members. Budget was zero dollars.  We were about 50/50 prior-service and FNGs.  Why bother, then?  Because the MA National Guard used us as OPFOR and gave us rifles, blanks, and MREs.  We wore Swiss Alpenflage, flew the Arizona flag (cause nobody recognized it), and fought for the glorious republic of Carjackistan.

It was a hoot, but we were definitely just LARPing.  We had members with Jeeps, a M998, and a M35A2.  We just tore around setting up hasty ambushes, harassing them, or letting them come find us and duke it out.  I liked it so much I joined the NH Army Guard in 2005 as an infantryman.  Then of course learned that the Army can suck the fun out of anything.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2021, 10:07:59 PM »
I was in the Massachusetts State Guard from 2000-2005. As you might expect we weren't taken too seriously even by our own members. Budget was zero dollars.  We were about 50/50 prior-service and FNGs.  Why bother, then?  Because the MA National Guard used us as OPFOR and gave us rifles, blanks, and MREs.  We wore Swiss Alpenflage, flew the Arizona flag (cause nobody recognized it), and fought for the glorious republic of Carjackistan.

You're in the Connecticut National Guard now, right? Does the Connecticut NG interface or cooperate or share training in any way with the Connecticut State Guard?

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2021, 10:27:30 PM »
To my knowledge the Air National Guard has no relationship with them. We do host a Civil Air Patrol squadron.  I have seen pictures posted by the Army National Guard of State Guard guys standing around the Hartford armory, but don't know what if anything they do together.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2021, 10:50:33 PM »
Just remember that these "state guards" are under the control of the governor of that state.
Think about the guard under control of that fat pig "Jabba" in Illinois and you can imagine how quickly that can go wrong.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2021, 12:54:20 AM »
Just remember that these "state guards" are under the control of the governor of that state.
Think about the guard under control of that fat pig "Jabba" in Illinois and you can imagine how quickly that can go wrong.

Each state's National Guard is also under the control of that state's governor unless the NG has been federalized - in which case they're usually not in the state at all.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2021, 09:23:18 AM »

For some values of "under control "

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2021, 09:34:55 PM »
Florida governor Ron DeSantis has announced plans to establish a state militia called the Florida State Guard. The mainstream media has characterized this as an event of unprecedented villainy:

Daily Beast: “The Disgusting Reality Behind Ron DeSantis’ New ‘Army’. The Florida governor has no plans to protect anyone with his proposed state military. The real goal is much darker.”

The Guardian: “Ron DeSantis plans Florida paramilitary force outside federal control. No governor should have his own handpicked secret police."

MSNBC: “DeSantis wants Florida to establish its own military force. He can't be trusted. Florida’s right-wing governor wants the state to re-establish the Florida State Guard, which would serve at his whim and evade federal control.”

NCRM: “What Wannabe Totalitarian, Fascist Dictators Do: Alarm over DeSantis Move to Form his Own ‘Personal Militia.’”

It will come as no surprise to Contemplators on the Tree of Woe that the mainstream media is being dishonest and fraudulent on this issue. What’s the reality?

read the rest:
https://treeofwoe.substack.com/p/ron-desantis-plans-a-new-state-guard
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2022, 05:12:47 PM »
He's calling for volunteers, including a director. Wouldn't it be an epic troll if he got a Trump to lead this thing?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/gov-ron-desantis-calls-floridians-to-join-state-guard-ahead-of-hurricane-season
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2022, 06:19:28 PM »
Privateer's?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2022, 07:00:50 PM »
Privateer's?

On paper we also have a Naval Militia, but I don't think it has ever existed as an active entity.

"Letters of marque and reprisal"
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2022, 07:40:23 PM »
"Letters of marque and reprisal"

Yeah, but no cannon for you.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2022, 07:47:13 PM »
Yeah, but no cannon for you.

Got a 9mm. Oh no, I sank your battleship!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.