Author Topic: CA Regulates What Drinks to Serve Children  (Read 2018 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: CA Regulates What Drinks to Serve Children
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 03:43:49 PM »
Duh. I know that some people have good reasons to use straws. It's just odd that so many people use one just because the restaurant provides it.

I prefer to use a straw for drinks that have ice in them.  I also use a straw for to-go drinks.  My kids use straws because their drinks have lids.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: CA Regulates What Drinks to Serve Children
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2018, 03:52:36 PM »
Duh. I know that some people have good reasons to use straws. It's just odd that so many people use one just because the restaurant provides it.

In some restaurants, whether they provide a glass or I take a cup myself, I will use a straw. Some waitstaff, and some customers who run their grubby hands down all the stacked cups, gross me out and I will not let my mouth touch the rim of a glass or cup they may have touched.

These days whenever I happen to use the free hotel breakfast when traveling, I bring my Black Rifle thermos mug with me and drink out of that, because those places seem to be the worst with people pawing all the disposable coffee cups.

And it's not always their fault because someone with gorilla arms always seems to be the person that stacks them, so it takes two hands to pull off the top cup, and that means the support hand is wrapped around about ten cup rims underneath it. Kinda like the doorknob to the public bathroom.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."