Author Topic: Hillary done?  (Read 10512 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Hillary done?
« on: June 03, 2008, 10:41:49 AM »
Rumors and reports today have Hillary conceding the race to Obama tonight.  Other rumors and reports state that Obama has secured enough delegates to be the nominee.

Any thoughts?

My own thoughts are that I'm glad to see the final nail being driven into the Clinton coffin.  Now, if only it wasn't Obama that replaced her...

undecided

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Hillary done?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 10:45:22 AM »
Her campaign people said that she is NOT dropping out no matter what the MSM says.

The MSM, of course, is dancing with bodypaint around the statue of their idol, chanting "O-BA-MA! O-BA-MA!".
They just sandbagged her again.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 10:55:43 AM »
To the streets of Denver! grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 11:04:17 AM »
It will be interesting to see how today's popular votes from SD and MT work out - according to Drudge, sources in the HRC camp are predicting a 25-point win for her in SD.

Wonder what the Hillary supporters will do in the general election if their girl DOES win the popular vote, but Obama gets the nomination?  shocked

Especially in light of all the bellyaching they did at the results of the Bush/Gore election . . .

Great political theatre . . .  grin

Enjoy it while you can, since we'll have little to cheer us up come November.  sad
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 11:06:57 AM »
It will be interesting to see how today's popular votes from SD and MT work out - according to Drudge, sources in the HRC camp are predicting a 25-point win for her in SD.

Wonder what the Hillary supporters will do in the general election if their girl DOES win the popular vote, but Obama gets the nomination?  shocked

Especially in light of all the bellyaching they did at the results of the Bush/Gore election . . .

Great political theatre . . .  grin

Enjoy it while you can, since we'll have little to cheer us up come November.  sad

A bunch were in a DNC meeting yelling "COUNT OUR VOTE!"...and the DNC person said that there would be no interrupting. Yeah, that's Democrats, alright. Only the elite matter.

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 11:51:49 AM »
"WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton told colleagues Tuesday she would be consider joining Barack Obama as his running mate, and advisers said she was withholding a formal departure from the race partly to use her remaining leverage to press for a spot on the ticket."

It's all just posturing, now: the Super Ticket is coming.
Zeke

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 11:56:55 AM »
Hillary's been done since Feb.

She'll still think she has a chance for the democratic nomination until McCain or Obama gets elected; and when they do, it'll be sexism.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 11:57:51 AM »
"WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton told colleagues Tuesday she would be consider joining Barack Obama as his running mate, and advisers said she was withholding a formal departure from the race partly to use her remaining leverage to press for a spot on the ticket."

Source cite? I'm not seeing that.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 12:09:24 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/clinton

It is on Drudge. 

The only reason I can see her wanting the VP spot is to be there for the next election.  If I were Obama, I wouldn't want her there. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 12:11:18 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/clinton

It is on Drudge. 

The only reason I can see her wanting the VP spot is to be there for the next election.  If I were Obama, I wouldn't want her there. 

Heh. Election? She'd probably hold the fort while he took happy tours of Iran and other places, hoping for a Bhutto.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 12:15:52 PM »
I would be curious if all those anti-Obama democrats would vote for the ticket if she was VP.  Historically, VP don't amount to much as far as influencing the administration. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 12:48:27 PM »
Concede and take the VP slot....sure, look how well it worked for LBJ..... Wink
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 12:50:41 PM »
Hillery is just getting warmed up!

Obama/Hillery...  wow...

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 01:19:29 PM »
Hey Bobby Kennedy got shot in June.......   shocked cheesy
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 01:37:08 PM »
Obama better double his SS detail if Hillary is the VP candidate.

Hillary:  "Hey, Barak.  You look a little tense, why don't you go to Dallas and take in a play....."
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 02:44:46 PM »
Done?

No, she will live on through her dear friend and respected colleague John McCain.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 03:52:32 PM »

No way.  That's not the plan.  If she wanted the warm pitcher of spit, she'd have dropped out months ago.  She's bloodied him up in the primary to weaken him going into the general.  If he wins in November, she'll Teddy Kennedy him in 2012.  If he loses, she'll run in 2012 against McCain.  This quit being about 2008 back in February.

Besides that, put yourself in Obama's shoes.  Would you really want the Clintons tag-teaming you for four years?  The only reason why she'd take the vp would be on the possibility of a Very Bad Thing.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 04:58:51 PM »
Richard Nixon was written off as a total loss in November, 1960.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 05:40:24 PM »
There is a rumor flying around that one of the networks has a tape in which Michelle uses the term "Whitey". Perhaps she's waiting to see if that's true. That would indeed be a nuclear detonation.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 05:53:08 PM »
The networks have crowned Obama the nominee.  I wonder what her next move is?  I can't really see her comming away with the nomination via a backdoor deal now, when Obama has the needed delegates..

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 05:57:52 PM »
There is a rumor flying around that one of the networks has a tape in which Michelle uses the term "Whitey". Perhaps she's waiting to see if that's true. That would indeed be a nuclear detonation.

Yup.  Supposed to come out tomorrow.  Will be interesting to see what happens if its not a hoax.

The networks have crowned Obama the nominee.

No joke.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 06:05:33 PM »
Would you really want the Clintons tag-teaming you for four years?  The only reason why she'd take the vp would be on the possibility of a Very Bad Thing.

Precisely why Obama should desire her there (Veep): less power/influence than becoming the most powerful Democratic Senator, carrying the Kennedy/Clinton legacy forward...
Zeke

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 06:05:49 PM »

read em' and weep.

vernal45

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 06:08:27 PM »
anyone have more info on the Whitey remark?

Green Lantern

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 06:13:11 PM »

Not based on lots of the Obama-supporters I've seen - the man could go to A-stan and get Bin Laden to be his VP choice, and they'd still defend him... shocked rolleyes