Author Topic: Hillary said yes to Sec of State  (Read 10568 times)

buzz_knox

• friend
Re: Hillary said yes to Sec of State
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 05:57:20 PM »
Hillary needs foreign policy experience for a bid in 2012 or 2016.

She'll get more of it as SecState than as a Senator.

Taking this position is the end of her political ambitions, at least for the foreseeable future.  She can't campaign or raise funds while in office, so unless she quits by 2010, she's out for 2012.  And unless there is a major blowup regarding Obama, she won't quit and won't run.  She'll know absent such a fiasco, 1) there would be no legitimate reason to bail on her "boss" and 2) she won't have a chance of winning.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 06:29:18 PM »
Taking this position is the end of her political ambitions, at least for the foreseeable future.

There is no such thing as an end to her ambitions, so she or Bill must have an angle that isn't apparent yet.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 06:56:19 PM »
shes in line for the throne after president pro tem of senate
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 08:19:16 PM »
Richardson has been:
1) A congressman
2) Ambassador to the UN
3) Secretary of Energy
4) Governor of NM.

Pretty impressive resume, IMHO.

#1-#3 left no great impression.  Unless his stint as gov of NM was somehow notable for something other than his hispanitude, I am not sure why all the interest in the guy.

Matter of fact, his stint as the UN Ambassador the the US* was evidence enough for his unsuitability as Sec of State.

Like I worte above, his performance on the stump did not impress me.  Heck, I thought Gravel did a better job in the debate I saw.

* Usualy the way it works out.  Few exceptions like Bolton and Kirkpatrick actually represent the interests of the USA.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

agricola

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 09:03:41 PM »
There is no such thing as an end to her ambitions, so she or Bill must have an angle that isn't apparent yet.

Thats the weird thing about this - Obama could easily have just left her out on the pavement awaiting the binmen and I think noone would have batted an eyelid.  Maybe he wants her to carry the blame for Iraq / Afganistan / the next Eastern European state that Putin decides to destabilize?  Maybe he has a minion who he will be rewarding with her Senate seat?

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2008, 12:32:38 AM »
Maybe he wants her to carry the blame for Iraq / Afganistan / the next Eastern European state that Putin decides to destabilize?

Agricola, maybe you're on to something. If Obama handles Iraq and Afghanistan in the same manner that Bush has, he'll be in hot water with a good chunk of his supporters. If he can somehow blame the way these countries are handled on Hillary, maybe he can get off the hook a bit.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2008, 02:12:06 AM »
Unless his stint as gov of NM was somehow notable for something other than his hispanitude, I am not sure why all the interest in the guy.

I couldn't care less about his Hispanitude. Besides with a name like 'Richardson', his hispanitude isn't going to get much mileage anyway.

My interest in him is he seems to be a moderate centerist democrat that isn't very sympathetic to the party leftist-extremists. And I'd cut off my left nad to have a democrat western governor in the White House rather than the Chitcago Marxist curse we're about to have heaped upon us.

Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 08:03:55 AM »
Did you guys hear the latest?  She might not legally be able to take the position, due to a law saying an elected official can't take a job where the pay was increased while he/she was serving their term.  Apparently the Sec of State salary was raised, so....

We'll have to see how this plays out.  i'm looking for sources now.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2008, 10:04:27 AM »
She might not legally be able to take the position, due to a law saying an elected official can't take a job where the pay was increased while he/she was serving their term.  Apparently the Sec of State salary was raised, so....
She probably can take it at her present salery.  That should be legal.  Then when it is legal, large bonuses until she is up to par, or ahead.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2008, 01:27:37 PM »
Did you guys hear the latest?  She might not legally be able to take the position, due to a law saying an elected official can't take a job where the pay was increased while he/she was serving their term.  Apparently the Sec of State salary was raised, so....

We'll have to see how this plays out.  i'm looking for sources now.

I don't think that applies here.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2008, 07:52:47 PM »
Not to be sexist or anything, but we do not need a woman head of state or chief ambassador...

Why?

We're dealing with cultures who assume that women are inferior.

I am fully aware of your reasoning and I do somewhat agree...

However, Bush has been somewhat successful with Condi...

I personally think that she has been able to do what she what she does (in places that think women are worth less than camels) because she is a heartless bee yatch who don't take shee aught because she knows her Texan buddy (who happens to run the most powerful military on the planet) will back her up 110 percent.

I think Obama is looking for this kind of women power in his office because it

1) Has kinda worked for Bush (see above comments)

2)The chick who had the potential to steal the race from him is best kept in his back pocket

3)He got her out of the Senate....you have to understand that they both may toe the party line, but a beaten Hillary is a revengeful Hillary and she might just make his life a bit more difficult from that position by doing whatever....

Now, Hillary is willing to take the job because it pays better, SoS is a very important title, and it gives more credibility when she runs next time.

Just imagine the power of the words of an old white women who says, "I was the First Lady for eight years, a Senator for (however long she is in office) and I was SoS for our first black President. Vote for me, I have what you need."

Be scared by Obama's choice...be very afraid.

Near as I can tell, he is going to eff us from day one just because he has no sense about what is truly right and wrong.

Making Hillary SoS is political suicide and he is going kill all of us to have an honor guard to hell...just my not so humble opinion.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2008, 08:02:30 PM »
Maybe she's betting that Obama founders by 2012 and that she will orchestrate some kind of house coup with herself as the perceived, patriotic hawk and a failing, weak Obama as the dove...?

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2008, 10:00:17 AM »

What?  That old thing?  Nobody pays attention to anymore, unless the tin-foil is on too tight....

No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been increased during such time; and no Person holding any Office under the United States, shall be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office.

Source: The Constitution of the United States.  Article 1, section 6

WND has a write up on this, and how past holders of the Presidency have gotten around it.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=82374

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2008, 11:13:03 AM »
Just as Bill was the first teen-age President, Obama is the first woman President.  So no surprises there.

Condi was successful?  I think not.  Bush had something to prove there--to himself, most of all--and he found himself a woman with a great resume and wonderful academic cred to carry the flag for us around the world.  But my impression of Condi was that she was in over her head, although it's an impressive head indeed.  Too bad the barfight of international politics isn't about how high your IQ is.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2008, 12:01:49 PM »
Too bad the barfight of international politics isn't about how high your IQ is.

that should be engraved over the state dept doors
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2008, 12:45:37 PM »
Precisely.  Ivy League mischief at its finest.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2008, 10:20:50 PM »
Condi was successful?  I think not.

You will notice that I used the word SOMEWHAT to describe her success...

I am far and away from being a Bush apologist, but I believe he was trying use what he considered as the best option for a diplomat.

Fact...Condi isn't white...she at least goes with the color scheme of many nations that give ours a headache.

Hillary is white and female...WTH is Obama smoking?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 11:08:09 AM »
Don't worry, Hillary will solve all of our international problems.  After all, she is "experienced" and "brilliant."  We know this because we have been told this for at least a decade now.  She has had dinner with every world leader, so what more proof do you need?  And this would allow Bill to be appointed Senator from NY.  Everybody happy.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.