Author Topic: Radiohead  (Read 1718 times)

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
Radiohead
« on: September 28, 2005, 07:23:36 PM »
The other day, I had a couple hours free from school, so I longboarded like 3 miles to the beach listening to "Hail to the Theif" in it's entirety. That was EXCELLENT. I'm finding it difficult to branch out though, even though I own every single one of their cds and eps. Any tips?

Also, what are your thoughts in general of Radiohead?

Also, they seem to have characters they seem to keep referring to. There's a fugitive from a tyrannical government, featured in "The Trickster" off "My Iron Lung" and "I Will" off "Hail to the Thief." Also, the aforementioned .gov is featured, in "We Sung Young Blood," and "Sit Down Stand up" off "Hail to the Thief" and in again in "The Trickster." Your thoughts?
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Radiohead
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 07:39:02 AM »
That is a great album, you're right.  Whenever I find an album I enjoy, I listen to it non-stop for days, then I don't listen for a few months.  I really ought to rotate that one back in...

Correia

Radiohead
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 08:21:16 AM »
If you get the chance to see them live, do it.  Probably one of the best concerts I've ever been to.  I didn't think that they would be that good live, but in person, it was just great.

...has left the building.

Radiohead
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 09:28:48 AM »
They're awesome! I've been a listener since "The Bends". Interesting about the recurring character, I'll have to listen to those tracks to see...

SalukiFan

• friend
Radiohead
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 01:59:53 PM »
Have you ever had one of those bands that are critically-acclaimed and a lot of people love them but you just can't get into their music?

That's how I am with Radiohead.  I have sat down and listened to their music but it's just not for me.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Radiohead
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 05:12:06 PM »
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Radiohead
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 05:41:43 PM »
Never heard of them.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Justin

• friend
Radiohead
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 05:59:22 PM »
Some guy who's a big piano player has released one or two intrumental piano albums that are covers of Radiohead's music.  I don't recall the title or his name though.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.