Author Topic: Range Rover Classic  (Read 2476 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Range Rover Classic
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 07:41:33 PM »
Troopers have also crossed my mind.  I like ugly boxes on wheels.
Then you need a Hummer; or one of those Scion monstrosities. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Zed

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 07:43:55 PM »
Have a friend with a Nissan pathfinder that he says is as tough as nails, and the power to weight ratio is pretty decent (V6 2dr model)
Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you would have peace, prepare for war.)

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 05:42:04 AM »
This thread reminded me of a night out in Nice last year.  I was sitting outside a cafe, talking with an Australian guy that was working in London.  We were talking about cars, we were there for the race, after all.  He said his boss drives a Ferrari 360.  Well, his boss goes to some kind of meeting and comes back all bummed out.  Turns out the head guy at the meeting drove a new Range Rover and this guy's boss felt inadequate because he only drove a Ferrari. 

I thought it was a funny story and it gives you an idea of why people would want a Range Rover.  I think the new ones look kinda cool but I'll take the Ferrari any day.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

glockfan.45

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 12:28:20 PM »
I am not much of a Rover fan but I would love to have one of the last models defenders (but good luck finding one for a reasonable price). If you want tough as nails drive it to the end of the earth reliable an old toyota 4runner or pickup is hard to beat. I bought one to drive durring the winter when I first moved to Northern Minnesota. I spent the first few weeks of winter in my 2WD Ranger before I bought and old 92 4WD Tacoma. Talk about to Hell and back reliability and if the bumper were not in the way I am convinced it would climb straight up a wall.
A new place to disuss all things firearms related
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/