Author Topic: And what is Aleppo?  (Read 8074 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
And what is Aleppo?
« on: April 06, 2017, 10:46:03 PM »
A. I have never followed the Syrian issue, at all.

B. Conspiracy Co-worker thinks the Saudis are responsible for the WMD attack in Syria.

C. He has said for the past year or so that Assad is being unfairly vilified.

D. He gets his news from RT, some Iranian news service, and Zero Hedge.

I don't usually try to talk him out of this stuff, but I often wonder what on earth he's talking about.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: And what is Aleppo?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 11:07:37 PM »
I don't know who it is, but I don't believe for a second that Assad gassed the rebels.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 11:08:49 PM »
I don't know who it is, but I don't believe for a second that Assad gassed the rebels.
Ditto.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 08:31:24 AM »
I'm still sorting through the chaff on this event but one "commentary" I heard last night was to the effect that Assad does not directly control the chemical weapons and that his high ranking generals are to blame ??? I certainly hope that we had good intel on this as to the alleged source of the strike.

On the other hand, lil Kim ought to take notice.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 08:32:44 AM »
Ditto.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 11:48:42 AM »
Ditto.

Ditto the Ditto.

They already tried this nonsense in 2013. False flag all the way, Hillary's state department was in on it. Do you think Benghazi was just about AK and RPG sales to "rebels"? Dirty, dirty happenings.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 12:48:28 PM »
Who is they?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »

Who do you think gassed the rebels?    Witnesses claim fixed-wing aircraft bombed them.  Assad has those, rebels don't.
I've heard a lot of people doubting it was Assad, but all credible sources claim it was.
 ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 01:53:48 PM »
Who is they?

McCain, Linsdsey Graham, Hillary, other neocons, Israel, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Turkey... I suppose there are more trying to get the US directly involved in Syria.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 01:58:41 PM »

Who do you think gassed the rebels?    Witnesses claim fixed-wing aircraft bombed them.  Assad has those, rebels don't.
I've heard a lot of people doubting it was Assad, but all credible sources claim it was.
 ???
I heard someone say Assad might not have much control over what his generals do.  I hope Trump knows a lot more than I do.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 02:01:09 PM »

???

I trust zero of what comes from Al Jazeera. There is plenty of background of them spreading false propaganda for the 'white helmets' in order to affect american sentiment and draw us into their civil war.

Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 02:14:55 PM »

???

Lets assume for just a second that Assad did it, for whatever reason.

So What?

Less than 100 people died in the gassing, whoever did it.  More children than that were killed by warlords in Africa last week.  More women than that were sold into slavery last week.  More than 400,000 Syrians have died in the last 6 years of civil war.  Why are these special?  Are they more dead because Sarin was used?  Do any of the very real, compelling reasons NOT to dick around in ANOTHER mid-east civil war change?  It's not like chemical weapons haven't been used already.

Articulate what about this particular bombing is worth the cost in US lives and money we will pay by reentering another conflict in this region.  Or is it your belief that after 6 years and almost half a million dead 60 cruise missiles are going to be the tipping point that brings both sides to a negotiating table?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 02:30:29 PM »
Articulate what about this particular bombing is worth the cost in US lives and money we will pay by reentering another conflict in this region.  Or is it your belief that after 6 years and almost half a million dead 60 cruise missiles are going to be the tipping point that brings both sides to a negotiating table?

I wonder if the answer might be as simple as New Sheriff in Town.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 02:48:36 PM »

I wonder if the answer might be as simple as New Sheriff in Town.

Great reason to needlessly escalate another decades long conflict that will end in American blood and treasure wasted on backwater, savage , camelfucking primitives.
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 02:57:22 PM »
Great reason to needlessly escalate another decades long conflict that will end in American blood and treasure wasted on backwater, savage , camelfucking primitives.

How do you really feel? ;)

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 02:59:51 PM »

So What?

Less than 100 people died in the gassing, whoever did it.  More children than that were killed by warlords in Africa last week.  More women than that were sold into slavery last week.  More than 400,000 Syrians have died in the last 6 years of civil war.  Why are these special?  Are they more dead because Sarin was used?  Do any of the very real, compelling reasons NOT to dick around in ANOTHER mid-east civil war change?  It's not like chemical weapons haven't been used already.

100 casualties? Can we use this as justification for air strikes on Chicago after a good weekend?

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 03:01:17 PM »
100 casualties? Can we use this as justification for air strikes on Chicago after a good weekend?

What's our justification for NOT bombing Chicago?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 03:06:32 PM »
The more killed by governments, the cheaper life becomes, and the easier it gets to kill even more.

I'm not sure who has the record, Stalin, Mao, or Hitler.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 07:27:33 PM »

So What?

Less than 100 people died in the gassing, whoever did it.  More children than that were killed by warlords in Africa last week.  More women than that were sold into slavery last week.  More than 400,000 Syrians have died in the last 6 years of civil war.  Why are these special?  Are they more dead because Sarin was used?  Do any of the very real, compelling reasons NOT to dick around in ANOTHER mid-east civil war change?  It's not like chemical weapons haven't been used already.

Articulate what about this particular bombing is worth the cost in US lives and money we will pay by reentering another conflict in this region.  Or is it your belief that after 6 years and almost half a million dead 60 cruise missiles are going to be the tipping point that brings both sides to a negotiating table?

You are, of course,  aware that the  mideast has been an unstable mess of dictators, warlords,  terrorists and other human dregs now for decades.   Plus,  a very important ally of ours is in the middle of that cesspool of humanity:  Israel.   Like it or not,  some places are more important to us than others.
We might not be able to play cop everywhere.   But where we can,  perhaps we should.

I don't think these missiles  will bring anyone there together.    But they do say to Assad,  North Korea,  China,  et al,  that we're  no longer the uninvolved slackers we were under Obama.   The  US  of A  is back,   ....  . and all you dictators out there.....maybe  you just don't have   quite the free hand  you did under Obama.

It's  not  just about Syria......

MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 07:32:30 PM »

You are, of course,  aware that the  mideast has been an unstable mess of dictators, warlords,  terrorists and other human dregs now for decades.   Plus,  a very important ally of ours is in the middle of that cesspool of humanity:  Israel.   Like it or not,  some places are more important to us than others.
we might not be able to play cop everywhere.   But where we can,  perhaps we should.

I don't think these missiles  will bring anyone there together.    But they do say to Assad,  North Korea,  China,  et al,  that we're  no longer the uninvolved slackers we were under Obama.   The  US  of A  is back,    and all you dictators out there.....maybe  you just don't have   quite the free hand  you did under Obama.

It's  not  just but Syria......

we can not afford, in money or in human life, to police the world

especially since the politicians and bureaucrats, once we're engaged, straight up will not ALLOW us to WIN such a war.

Do you know what the army spent millions on right before I got out?

Special training on transgender soldiers.

Including, why you're a bigot if you're a female who is grossed out when a "woman" in a group shower has a dick.

Our military is lead, from top to bottom, by *expletive deleted*ing scumbags. And that includes a very LARGE percentage of our current so-called "NCOs"

The only thing we "get" out of engaging in Syria is another quagmire that the US government won't allow us to win.

It's not our job to beat up a dictator.

And you know what?> Who gives a *expletive deleted*it if he used gas.

How many hundreds of thousands of people have been brutally slaughtered over there. What, we're all about a couple canisters of gas now?

It's hypocritical and stupid, and so is anyone supporting it.

Yeah let's get into a war with Syria that will likely escalate, get drawn to ground, and kill MORE Syrians to stop Syrians from killing Syrians. BONUS: we can hopefully depose mean old assad and create a power vacuum for islamists to fill! Yay!

*expletive deleted*ing disgusting

Seriously, how many friggin times do we have to play this same goddamn game in the middle east before we realize we cannot bring peace to bloodthirsty savages?
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 07:39:23 PM »
we can not afford, in money or in human life, to police the world

especially since the politicians and bureaucrats, once we're engaged, straight up will not ALLOW us to WIN such a war.

Do you know what the army spent millions on right before I got out?

Special training on transgender soldiers.

Including, why you're a bigot if you're a female who is grossed out when a "woman" in a group shower has a dick.

Our military is lead, from top to bottom, by *expletive deleted*ing scumbags. And that includes a very LARGE percentage of our current so-called "NCOs"

The only thing we "get" out of engaging in Syria is another quagmire that the US government won't allow us to win.

It's not our job to beat up a dictator.

And you know what?> Who gives a *expletive deleted*it if he used gas.

How many hundreds of thousands of people have been brutally slaughtered over there. What, we're all about a couple canisters of gas now?

It's hypocritical and stupid, and so is anyone supporting it.

Yeah let's get into a war with Syria that will likely escalate, get drawn to ground, and kill MORE Syrians to stop Syrians from killing Syrians. BONUS: we can hopefully depose mean old assad and create a power vacuum for islamists to fill! Yay!

*expletive deleted*ing disgusting

We can't afford not to.   This world is governed by the aggressive use of force,  and if we're not Chief Cop,  China will become it,  or Russia wiil. Do you like the idea of dancing to their tune?

The idea  isn't to send troops, ships and planes everywhere.  The idea is to keep those darklord dominated cesspool of humanity concerned that we will pay attention and do something,   not  reassure them all the time we'll just ignore them and let them play at will.

The world is run by people who disdain  Mother Theresa,  but memorized Machiavelli's maxims as babies.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2017, 07:42:41 PM »
We can't afford not to.   This world is governed by the aggressive use of force,  and if we're not Chief Cop,  China will become it,  or Russia wiil. Do you like the idea of dancing to their tune?

The idea  isn't to send troops, ships and planes everywhere.  The idea is to keep those darklord dominated cesspool of humanity concerned that we will pay attention and do something,   not  reassure them all the time we'll just ignore them and let them play at will.

The world is run by people who disdain  Mother Theresa,  but memorized Machiavelli's maxims as babies.

I like the idea of not being a superpower better than I like the idea of American troops dying for another bullshit conflict in the ME that we're not going to be allowed to win.

Hell it's already evidenced by how the strikes went. We could have obliterated most of his army and air force. Air force at least. What did we do? Just enough missiles to embolden him and show the rebels that we still got their back.

The rebels who are chock full of islamists.

A-stan in the 80s all over again. What do you think will happen to Syria once assad goes?

"The idea" may not be to send troops, ships and planes, but you're delusional if you think this is the end of the escalation.

Let someone else play world cop for a while. We are closing in on 20 TRILLION dollars of debt.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2017, 07:47:24 PM »
I like the idea of not being a superpower better than I like the idea of American troops dying for another bullshit conflict in the ME that we're not going to be allowed to win.

Hell it's already evidenced by how the strikes went. We could have obliterated most of his army and air force. Air force at least. What did we do? Just enough missiles to embolden him and show the rebels that we still got their back.

The rebels who are chock full of islamists.

A-stan in the 80s all over again. What do you think will happen to Syria once assad goes?

"The idea" may not be to send troops, ships and planes, but you're delusional if you think this is the end of the escalation.

Let someone else play world cop for a while. We are closing in on 20 TRILLION dollars of debt.

Delusional?     Because  we ALWAYS  send in massive troops and take over entire countries  after we send in 5  dozen Tomahawks?

I'd  love  to let another country play cop for  awhile......once   you can realistically assure me they  won't  put  America under false arrest or  use police  brutality on us.....or Americans  who are visiting other countries.....or our less  strong allies.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2017, 07:49:27 PM »
Delusional?     Because  we ALWAYS  send in massive troops and take over entire countries  after we send in 5  dozen Tomahawks?

I'd  love  to let another country play cop for  awhile......once   you can realistically assure me they  won't  put  America under false arrest or  use police  brutality on us.....or Americans  who are visiting other countries.....or our less  strong allies.

I'm not saying to dismantle our military. If other countries *expletive deleted*ck with us, we DEFEND ourselves. I.e. department of DEFENSE.

Yeah. Delusional. This wasn't enough to stop assad. It will escalate. nothing invigorates the defense industry more than a good old fashioned war.

You don't find it odd that we've been at a continuous state of having ground troops committed to active conflict for 16 years?

It's by design, friend
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2017, 07:58:15 PM »
I'm not saying to dismantle our military. If other countries *expletive deleted*ck with us, we DEFEND ourselves. I.e. department of DEFENSE.

Yeah. Delusional. This wasn't enough to stop assad. It will escalate. nothing invigorates the defense industry more than a good old fashioned war.

You don't find it odd that we've been at a continuous state of having ground troops committed to active conflict for 16 years?

It's by design, friend

No,  it's not design.   We  haven't been able to get in touch with the reality of war since WW2.    We  think there is "nice" war and "horrible"  war.    ALL WAR IS   HORRIBLE.   Those men who island hopped in the Pacific in WW2  knew it.  Only the goal was honorable,  not the means to obtain it.  
And too many today can't hack it.   Even Bush the Junior.    I found that out when  he started bombing A-stan with food pallets  after those terrorists killed 3,000  Americans.
We   tried it your way once   before,  after  WW1.   It didn't  stop Hitler and it  didn't stop  Tojo from bombing Pear Harbor.   And  it also will not stop the next Hitlerojo from  attacking us.
"Only the  dead shall see the end of war."   ------- old Greek Philosopher.