Author Topic: We're all going to die !!! Film at 11.  (Read 1148 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
We're all going to die !!! Film at 11.
« on: June 03, 2014, 11:21:14 PM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/02/epa-chief-seas-will-rise-temperatures-will-soar-without-government-action-on-climate-change/

Let me just parse a few things she said:

McCarthy also blamed climate change on rising medical bills, higher insurance costs, and an increased frequency in devastating storms.

Let's go with .gov interference, Obamacare, and really?!?!?  We're enjoying the longest stretch of Hurricane-free days since 1900.  (Not long after they started keeping records of things like that.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/05/30/atlantic-hurricane-season-begins-sunday-will-record-streak-without-major-hurricane-end/   

“If we do nothing, in our grandkids’ lifetimes, temperatures could rise 10 degrees and seas could rise by 4 feet,”

She would appear to channeling Daniel Patrick Moynihan, who, in 1969, wrote a memo the Nixon that:
"By 2000, Temperatures will rise by 7F and sea levels will rise putting New York and Washington DC underwater because of Carbon Dioxide"

Sadly, neither prediction has come true.

Costs?
But while she initially rejected McConnell’s claim that energy prices would rise under the regulation, she then acknowledged that prices could rise somewhat.
  You mean I'm not going to save $2500 a year on my health care costs?  Oh, wait.  This is the electricity thing with EPA.  Yeah, I'm hearing that the average homeowner can expect to pay $300 a year more for electricity.  So a gallon of milk will cost $25 in 2030 if Obama and this twit have their way.

Finally,
McCarthy blasted critics who are claiming “the sky is falling,” and who she said will “deliberately ignore the risks, overestimate the costs, and undervalue the benefits.

$500 Billion in lost economic activity.  Not sure what that translates into US jobs, but whatever that number is will be going overseas.  Meanwhile, let's legalize ~20 million minimum wage illegal aliens.  Yeah, this is gonna work out just swell. 

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 02:25:46 AM »
Racist/misoginist!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: We're all going to die !!! Film at 11.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 07:49:43 AM »
She would appear to channeling Daniel Patrick Moynihan, who, in 1969, wrote a memo the Nixon that:
"By 2000, Temperatures will rise by 7F and sea levels will rise putting New York and Washington DC underwater because of Carbon Dioxide"

Sadly, neither prediction has come true.

My favorite part of that memo was at the end, where he said "Hugh Hefner knows a great deal about this"

https://capitalresearch-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tpr-1107-Daniel-P-Moynihan-110520-article-memo-on-global-warming-to-Nixon-690917.pdf
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

birdman

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 07:56:17 AM »
My favorite part of that memo was at the end, where he said "Hugh Hefner knows a great deal about this"

https://capitalresearch-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tpr-1107-Daniel-P-Moynihan-110520-article-memo-on-global-warming-to-Nixon-690917.pdf

As far as people who know things will keep rising after decades, and after people told him it wouldn't happen, Hugh IS quite the expert.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 09:43:39 AM »
As far as people who know things will keep rising after decades, and after people told him it wouldn't happen, Hugh IS quite the expert.

See, Alice?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 10:07:31 AM »
Moynihan was a pretty bright guy. I wonder if he wasn't putting Nixon on.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 11:42:38 AM »
Moynihan was a pretty bright guy. I wonder if he wasn't putting Nixon on.

Even the best and brightest aren't immune from making appeals to authority as the basis of their argument. "Science" as an institution was held in even higher regard back then than it is now.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 12:11:55 PM »
.... She would appear to channeling Daniel Patrick Moynihan, who, in 1969, wrote a memo the (to) Nixon that (claimed):

Sadly, neither prediction has come true. .......    

Back in that period, the big boogeyman of the "coming age" was a new ice age.  Moynihan was therefor a man "truly ahead of his time." [tinfoil] =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero