Author Topic: Sooooo I missed Mr. Johnson's errr, Mr. Obama's BIg Speech  (Read 1620 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Sooooo I missed Mr. Johnson's errr, Mr. Obama's BIg Speech
« on: September 10, 2014, 11:12:20 PM »
...about ISIS.  Do we have a strategery?  Or are we still leading from behind?  Did Putin give back the (stolen) RESET (but not really saying RESET in Russian) button?   But most importantly, how many mulligans did Obama take on the back nine?  (The over/under was 8.)

Inquiring minds want to know.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/10/major-garrett-asks-why-anyone-should-watch-obamas-isis-speech/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Sooooo I missed Mr. Johnson's errr, Mr. Obama's BIg Speech
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 11:48:00 PM »
There was a speech tonight?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 02:11:15 AM »
I am Mr. Johnson and I approve this message...

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 02:42:51 AM »
I had the choice of either listening to the leader of the free world give a speech on the radio or watching Sharknado while sorting brass.
I missed the speech.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 06:52:31 AM »
There was one of those game things on the TV the pitted a team that I remember being one of the models other teams strived to be back when I was getting older vs the team that has been that model for the past few years.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 09:06:37 AM »
I'm at my parents' house.  Dad was watching the speech, so I watched it with him.  O was not nearly as whiny and preachy as normal. 

I don't really remember much if any of it, but my ears didn't bleed and I didn't have a headache afterwards -- that's unusual.  Just hearing his voice usually makes me ill.
"It's good, though..."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 10:07:17 AM »
I don't really remember much if any of it, but my ears didn't bleed and I didn't have a headache afterwards -- that's unusual.

It's because he didn't really say much, and what he did say was so far beyond the realm of reality that it can't even fully affect things in our own space-time.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 10:13:30 AM »
Someone said today that O mentioned that ISIS/ISIL/IS was not Islam driven. :facepalm:  I couldn't say because when they interrupted the networks for his speech, I went back to reading a SF/Fantasy book into which I've been engrossed, the Farseer Trilogy.  More things to believe in in that book than the dreck that comes out of the mouth of this president. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 10:15:45 AM »
I watched The Anointed One . . . but to tell you the truth, he lost me when he asserted that ISIL is not an Islamic organization, because not all Moslems belong to it. (BTW, why does BHO always say ISIL, when everyone else says ISIS? Does he think he's demeaning Moslems by using the name of a female deity from ancient Egypt as the name of this terrorist group?)

Image of ISIS
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 11:12:48 AM »
Did he say "My fellow Americans ..."    ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 01:15:51 PM »
ISIL is the "official" State Department name for them.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

JN01

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 04:15:53 PM »
"But I want the American people to understand how this effort will be different from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It will not involve American combat troops fighting on foreign soil," he added.

So we have his assurances that the war can't escalate.  Hope he sends that memo to ISIS.

Another quote from Mr Modesty:

As if to answer the criticism that he has been too cautious, Obama declared of his plan: "This is American leadership at its best."

http://news.msn.com/us/obama-orders-airstrikes-in-syria-for-first-time