Author Topic: How out "Betters" are screwing up, especially in the Mid-East.  (Read 1939 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
How out "Betters" are screwing up, especially in the Mid-East.
« on: October 09, 2014, 03:17:01 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/special-report-syria-policy-stalled-under-analyst-chief-152918007.html

It would appear that they are so afraid of making a wrong decision, that they make no decision.  All the while forgetting that the enemy has a vote also.

I'm so tired of the administration worrying about its "optics" and its "legacy" that it dithers.  Especially our Ditherer-in-Chief. You can tell that he hates this country so much that he resents its power and the use thereof.   Is it 2016 yet?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: How out "Betters" are screwing up, especially in the Mid-East.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 03:32:23 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/special-report-syria-policy-stalled-under-analyst-chief-152918007.html

It would appear that they are so afraid of making a wrong decision, that they make no decision.  All the while forgetting that the enemy has a vote also.

I'm so tired of the administration worrying about its "optics" and its "legacy" that it dithers.  Especially our Ditherer-in-Chief. You can tell that he hates this country so much that he resents its power and the use thereof.   Is it 2016 yet?

I'm sick of half the country thinking that this country is the most racist, oppressive country that ever existed that only has the unbelievable wealth that it has by stealing it from other countries. (Obama is part of, and the representation of this half.)

However, I'm not looking forward to 2016 because I see no indication that the above referenced half of the country has made any move towards waking up.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 03:40:53 PM »
Well, maybe when we don't have that unbelievable wealth any more will the understand what they pissed away.

:'( :'(

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 04:14:05 PM »
However, I'm not looking forward to 2016 because I see no indication that the above referenced half of the country has made any move towards waking up.

On the upside to that, http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/09/politics/senate-democrats-math-control/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Predictions that the Democrats will lose the Senate in mid-terms.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 04:20:26 PM »
On the upside to that, http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/09/politics/senate-democrats-math-control/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Predictions that the Democrats will lose the Senate in mid-terms.

I'm sure the GOP who replace them will be stalwart financial conservatives.  :rofl:
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 07:28:41 PM »
I'm sure the GOP who replace them will be stalwart financial conservatives.  :rofl:

........And everyone will live happily there after..............

[barf]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 07:42:28 PM »

They'll probably also follow that up with a fiscally conservative presidential candidate too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMIy_KiBpKU
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 11:40:14 PM »
And we'll  all be drinking that free bubble up and eating that rainbow stew...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 11:52:43 PM »
They'll probably also follow that up with a fiscally conservative presidential candidate too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMIy_KiBpKU

Christie/Ryan 2016: Because we are going to rub it in your face.  Again.

=========

Nothing I have heard from GOPers indicates that they understand how BHO pulled it off in 2012.  Romney spent big bucks on ads aimed at getting Undecideds motivated to vote for him at $10 a pop.  While BHO used software to find and target his base of hard lefties and motivated them at $0.10 a pop.

The base voters.  Elections are base turnout elections for the foreseeable future.  Main difference between the parties is that the Dems kinda like their base, while hte GOP despises theirs.  And the Dems know how to target their base.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 12:04:21 AM »
Christie/Ryan 2016: Because we are going to rub it in your face.  Again.

=========

Nothing I have heard from GOPers indicates that they understand how BHO pulled it off in 2012.  Romney spent big bucks on ads aimed at getting Undecideds motivated to vote for him at $10 a pop.  While BHO used software to find and target his base of hard lefties and motivated them at $0.10 a pop.

The base voters.  Elections are base turnout elections for the foreseeable future.  Main difference between the parties is that the Dems kinda like their base, while hte GOP despises theirs.  [/b] 
 And the Dems know how to target their base.

:mad:  Yea, ain't THAT the truth!     Makes you wonder just what good the Repukeagains are ....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 12:23:45 AM »

...Especially our Ditherer-in-Chief. You can tell that he hates this country so much that he resents its power and the use thereof.   Is it 2016 yet?

Can you really call it a screw-up if he's doing it deliberately?
"It's good, though..."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 12:32:09 AM »
Maybe.... If he gets caught it's a screwup. If we figure it out its a screwup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 02:30:59 AM »
I don't think he cares either way. Who's  gonna call him on any of it and make it stick?
Issa? Gowdy? Both are just engaged in political theater pandering to their base [barf]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »
Christie/Ryan 2016: Because we are going to rub it in your face.  Again.

=========

Nothing I have heard from GOPers indicates that they understand how BHO pulled it off in 2012.  Romney spent big bucks on ads aimed at getting Undecideds motivated to vote for him at $10 a pop.  While BHO used software to find and target his base of hard lefties and motivated them at $0.10 a pop.

The base voters.  Elections are base turnout elections for the foreseeable future.  Main difference between the parties is that the Dems kinda like their base, while hte GOP despises theirs.  And the Dems know how to target their base.
You might have had a lot of undecided people years ago, but I agree with a comment I heard recently.  Undecided people are generally stupid and/or don't pay attention to politics and likely don't vote.  Spending all your effort on them is foolish.  If I ever meet someone who is either not already conservative or liberal, they generally just don't like politics and don't want to think about it.  I agree that motivating your base and more or less de-motivating the other guy's base is the way to go.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bscl

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 02:08:09 PM »

"Dike wasn't a bad leader because he made bad decisions.  He was a bad leader because he made no decisions."  1st Sgt. Carwood Lipton in Band of Brothers miniseries.
Life Member NRA, SAF

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »
Reading that article talking about this, we just had Obama and McCain talking about sending troops to Syria to help the rebels there.  I don't buy this crap about indecision.  He may know exactly what to do to destroy this country domestically, but he don't know the first thing about foreign policy. 

Also, Democrats do not necessarily LIKE their base.  I think they just see them as useful idiots who are a means to an end.  People who believe the propagana BS they put out.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 04:42:04 PM »
Reading that article talking about this, we just had Obama and McCain talking about sending troops to Syria to help the rebels there.  I don't buy this crap about indecision.  He may know exactly what to do to destroy this country domestically, but he don't know the first thing about foreign policy. 

Also, Democrats do not necessarily LIKE their base.  I think they just see them as useful idiots who are a means to an end.  People who believe the propagana BS they put out.
I think the disparity is at one point, the GOP did like their base, so it's just very apparent that as the Tea Party came about that they don't anymore.

The DNC never liked their "base". At least not since the "changeover" in the 1960's. Since then they've been an aggregator of disparate groups of competing interests. Blacks/minorities that hate gays, and Jews, Latinos, Asians etc., gays that look down on blue collar workers, blue collar workers who look down on greens who'd kill their jobs, trial lawyers, and New York/Hollywood elites who hate everyone etc.

What the DNC has is mastery of unification of hate. The only thing that these groups have in common is they all hate center-right Americans and free-market capitalism who might threaten, or merely refuse to subsidize their disparate pet causes.
I promise not to duck.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 05:34:14 PM »
It just kills me that we have the following:

1.  Democrats that put party before country.  It doesn't matter, as long as they retain power. Nothing is sacred, no oath, vow, or morals.  Do say whatever and just keep pushing forward the America destroying agenda.

2.  We have the JV.  Missy and Buffy and Tiffany (those Dept of State, etc. spokespeople), who think that if you bow down and "play nice" with homicidal dictators that they will see the errors of their ways, join hands with them, and go skipping off into the rainbow.   But remember, it's our fault that they are power-hungry madmen.  If we hadn't been so greedy, they would be our friends.

[barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf]

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.