Author Topic: Gruber throws himself under the bus....  (Read 794 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Gruber throws himself under the bus....
« on: December 09, 2014, 08:55:50 PM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2014-12-09/the-threepronged-fourhour-grilling-of-jonathan-gruber

Trey Gowdy is his epic self.   Do watch the video.

Sadly, this may not be enough to get it repealed (barring the USSC ruling that no subsidies for those going through the Federal exchange), simply because not one democrat will vote to repeal it. 

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Gruber throws himself under the bus....
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 09:35:55 PM »
That was almost painful to watch in a way.  Gowdy hammered Gruber into the ground, quite deservedly. 
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »
Why isn't Trey Gowdy running for president? I would love to see him in a debate with the Hillary. Yes, I know this violates APS policy but, oh well.

eta:  If you know it's wrong, then don't do it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:47:21 AM by scout26 »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 10:23:35 PM »
Gowdey  isn't running yet because he isn't done pandering to his base. Sure he puts on a good show but neither him nor Issa have or will accomplish a damn thing.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 06:39:25 PM »
It was a slow day at work today so I did a Youtube search for Gruber's congressional testimony.  I watched about 30 minutes worth from a few reps but I missed this clip.  It only strengthens my opinion of Gruber, who couldn't be more of a broken record if Usain Bolt fell into a vinyl factory.

"Disingenuous" is the best word for it, as Gowdey very correctly pointed out.  I'm not saying I wouldn't pee on Gruber's head if his hair was on fire, but it might take me a few seconds to find the stream.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!