Author Topic: Global warming or climate change?  (Read 6581 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Global warming or climate change?
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 06:07:01 AM »
Oh, heck, Mike, you won't need a statue.  Just wait for the next time my dogs want to go outside today.  If they don't hurry up and do their business, you'll have your lifelike statue.   shocked

(And the Packers are playing the Giants in this weather tomorrow - Lambeau Field is an open stadium!)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 06:38:05 AM »
(And the Packers are playing the Giants in this weather tomorrow - Lambeau Field is an open stadium!)

Now thats football!

I'd like to see some of those kickball players have a game in those conditions.

I can hear the announcer......

C-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-L-L-L-L-L-D!!!!!!!! grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 11:50:59 AM »
And now there's a bunch of sunspot experts down in Florida, associated with NASA, who correlate climate shifts with sunspot activity.  Their prediction is for a notable reduction in sunspots, over the next decade or six, and a corresponding cooling cycle of world temperatures.

Ain't it fun?

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 12:15:36 PM »
Art - you mean these 'NASA affiliated experts' - http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=10425.msg178856#msg178856 ?
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Iain

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 02:43:05 PM »
2003 Bob. And it's pretty well known that sunspots and other factors can affect climate.

"Although the inferred increase of solar irradiance in 24 years, about 0.1 percent, is not enough to cause notable climate change, the trend would be important if maintained for a century or more. Satellite observations of total solar irradiance have obtained a long enough record (over 24 years) to begin looking for this effect."
- so basically it's not affecting climate noticeably and if it were, it wouldn't be causing cooling.

The prediction of cooling temperatures due to sunspot acitivity did not come from NASA. NASA have noted that the sunspot cycle 24 seems to have started, some guy with an alleged history of scamming behaviour and no known climatological credentials pushes the cooling theory.

From google cache - even junkscience won't touch him - http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:5WBpbyqKcSEJ:www.junkscience.com/blog/2008/01/08/must-have-brass-ones/+The+Theory+of+Relational+Cycles+of+Solar+Activity&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&client=opera

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:ndHytqWKm1cJ:www.junkscience.com/blog/2008/01/07/more-on-the-space-and-science-research-center-hoax/+space+and+science+research+center+hoax&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=opera

Excellent blog fodder, made more than a few people look foolish.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2008, 03:12:28 PM »
some guy with an alleged history of scamming behaviour and no known climatological credentials pushes the cooling warming theory.
Change one word and you're describing a Nobel prize winning ex-Vice President who's so concerned with it that he's maintaining the carbon footprint of a small village . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Iain

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 03:25:45 PM »
Always about Gore. The problem would exist without Gore, the scientists would still be producing their research without Gore. The only difference would be that there would be somewhat less publicity and another convenient target would have to be found. I'm not a fan of Gore either, and I've not seen his film.