Author Topic: I predict........  (Read 3565 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: I predict........
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 08:51:43 PM »
Oh, come on.  There's no elephant here.  You guys are just crazy.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2007, 12:10:11 PM »
I predict major turmoil in banking and finance.  Some really big names will go away.  Financial gangsterism will show up in the news.  Some really weird political stuff will appear.  The bloom will fall from Hillary's rose when her power brokers realize she is better positioned to run the senate.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 12:21:54 PM »
APS will grow to two million members, with forums for every conceivable topic.  It will completely replace all other media, and the Constitution will be amended so that the President is elected by a simple online poll. 

Indian food will become a national obsession.

In popular culture, the fifties will make a big come-back.  Music, dress and styles of dance will revert to a fifties sensibility.

Ron Paul will host a hit game show and become very popular in Japan.  Japan will become a libertarian paradise, and the wearing of swords will once again be in vogue.  Ron Paul will become Prime Minister of Japan in 2015.

Soccer will be outlawed in the U.S. and Malaysia, though no one quite knows why. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 06:03:58 PM »
Soccer will be banned in America because the first three letters of the word soccer is soc, and that denotes violence and there shall be zero tolerance for violence. police police
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Twycross

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2007, 07:39:45 PM »
Iran and the US wil continue rattling sabers at each other, but neither one will actually do anything.

Gas prices will continue to rise, but will not go above $4.50/gal.

The Iraq situation will remain more or less the same.

Army deployments will remain as 15-month tours.

Fistful's post count will exceed 10,000.

And I will get a CHL.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 07:41:40 PM »
I predict that a year from now we will be in the midst of a severe recession, perhaps even a depression.  The highlights: One in ten out of work; oil still over $100 a barrel; the dollar at new lows against the euro; holders of US debt bailing out in a major way; the DJIA looking up at 10,000; the housing market still far from any meaningful recovery; Hillary elected; SCOTUS having ruled the 2nd is a collective right; still embroiled in Iraq; licking wounds from something stupid done in Iran; new AWB legislation without grandfathering introduced in Congress with a good chance of passage; NOLA will still be a pit; major tax increase legislation introduced in Congress with a good chance of passage; etc.

Yeah, I feel real happy-go-lucky right now.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.