Author Topic: Another Interesting Obamacare tidbit.  (Read 5693 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Another Interesting Obamacare tidbit.
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 03:00:17 PM »

Hey, Republicans here's a freebie.

Don't tell me - you were the kid that asked for a pony every Birthday even though you never got one. :P  =D

The R's wouldn't know an easy lob if it smacked them in the forehead.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 03:18:35 PM »
Don't tell me - you were the kid that asked for a pony every Birthday even though you never got one. :P  =D

The R's wouldn't know an easy lob if it smacked them in the forehead.

or they really want something like 0-care, and are happy to let the D.s get it past their base.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 03:59:47 PM »
Everyone knows about the news stories about somewhere between 7 and 11 million Americans in the Individual Insurance Market getting their policies cancelled.  (The "If you like like your plan you can keep it." Lie.)

And that the administration knew about well in advance.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-administration-knew-millions-wouldn-t-be-able-to-keep-insurance--report-222249311.html

(Fox News called it back in May:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/30/obamacare-to-usher-in-health-insurance-cancellation-notices/)

Along those same lines (and because of the same reasons),  50-75% of Employer provided health plans will cancelled when the employer mandate kicks in.  (Which should have happen earlier this year.)   

All those notices will go out around this time next year.  About a week before the election.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwqnqL3Hbg

Employer based healthcare insurance is stupid for many reasons. Why do we want to preserve that?
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 04:12:52 PM »
Employer based healthcare insurance is stupid for many reasons. Why do we want to preserve that?

For the same reason i decline to like obama telling me what to do i reject your equally onerous attempt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2013, 04:32:19 PM »
Having mice in your house is bad, and trying to get rid of them is a good idea. Rejecting the idea of burning your house down to accomplish this is not inconsistent.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 05:01:39 PM »
2 non-answers so far. Can I get 3 non-answers as to why we want to preserve an employer based system?
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2013, 05:04:51 PM »
I actually do not like employer based healthcare.  But Government forced healthcare is worse.  The R's proposed Tax credit for buying health insurance and or paying for your own healthcare is a step in the right direction.

Meanwhile, for the cost of lifetime limits on insurance Delaware enrolls four, count 'em, FOUR, people through their exchange.   At a cost of $1 million per enrollee.   Success !!!

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/11/07/delaware-spent-4-million-to-enroll-four-people-in-obamacare-n1742240?utm_source=facebook
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 05:15:45 PM »
I like employers being allowed to offer insurance and folks being allowed to buy or not buy their own. Business owners should be allowed to offer anything they want to employees.  Liberty and all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 05:16:09 PM »
@ scout

So you're saying, the disastrous ACA is forcing people out of employer based is the main issue, rather than incentive them out. That makes sense.

But at a certain point, if the gov't levels the tax incentive systems to start pushing away from employer based I think we would still see employers dropping their health care benefits as a matter of headache avoidance.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 05:18:02 PM »
@ scout

So you're saying, the disastrous ACA is forcing people out of employer based is the main issue, rather than incentive them out. That makes sense.

But at a certain point, if the gov't levels the tax incentive systems to start pushing away from employer based I think we would still see employers dropping their health care benefits as a matter of headache avoidance.

This should be a market driven process, at least as much as possible. If the market steers away from employer based systems, so be it. Employers should have the same degree of choice as employees.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2013, 05:32:33 PM »
2 non-answers so far. Can I get 3 non-answers as to why we want to preserve an employer based system?

We don't like the current model. We think the proposed new model is worse. Not sure why that's difficult to understand?  ???
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2013, 08:55:15 AM »

I agree with your first point.

We want to preserve that because change ought to gradual and slow. Employer-based health insurance has existed for coming up on 70 years. The government created these perverse incentives to create this situation. (Wage controls during WWII to begin with, special tax consideration now.)

The situation needs to be rectified SLOWLY because people are used to employer based health insurance. Begin by treating individually purchased healthcare and employer provided healthcare the same (i.e. preferential tax treatment for both.) The situation will work itself out.

We ought not to FORCE choices on people. We ought to stop providing incentives for a sub-optimal choice, though.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2013, 10:43:02 AM »
At a certain point, those of us against ACA should not put ourselves in a verbal corner.

We need to be careful at this point about saying ACA is bad because it is going to cause employees to lose their employer sponsored quasi-insurance; and then later support systems that move us away from employer based quasi-insurance.

We need to be careful and say ACA is bad because it is killing the private market. It doesn't truly reform our health care system, while driving more cost. And makes many employer based and privately bought insurance plans illegal since they do not meet ACA regulatory requirements. That is a different story than just saying its bad because companies are dropping employee based insurance. The plans are being dropped because the regulation is potentially forcing it out.