Author Topic: CCW Holder Tackled in Walmart  (Read 6977 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
CCW Holder Tackled in Walmart
« on: January 21, 2015, 11:28:31 AM »
Florida.  :laugh:

I have to wonder what was going through the head of the numbskull? It could have just as easily been an undercover cop as a CCW holder. Bloomberg's group is apparently super pissed off that the guy got arrested, which I guess means that they are pro assault and battery (if it's someone they don't like).

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/27896784/man-spots-gun-then-tackles-concealed-carry-license-holder

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: CCW Holder Tackled in Walmart
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 12:53:01 PM »
Lucky the guy doing the tackling didn't get his ass beat and/or shot for that.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 12:55:15 PM »
Not too late for a beating

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 12:57:45 PM »
I suspect that Bloomberg's group is ticked because the idiot didn't get himself shot, which deprived them of a perfect opportunity to cry about how dangerous people with guns are.

No martyr, no joy.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 03:26:09 PM »
this one has libs just blowing fuses.  The fellow that was tackled and put in a choke hold, was black.  I thought putting black guys in choke holds was something no liberal could ever embrace.    ;/          Have they fogotten "I can't breath"?    laughable.

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 03:34:39 PM »
Oh yea? I didn't know that. The plot thickens

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 06:10:32 PM »
this one has libs just blowing fuses.  The fellow that was tackled and put in a choke hold, was black.  I thought putting black guys in choke holds was something no liberal could ever embrace.    ;/          Have they fogotten "I can't breath"?    laughable.

:rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 06:16:41 PM »
Being the hero only works if the "bad guy" is actually "bad".  If not, you are no longer the "Hero". 

With concealed carry around Florida for so long, I find it hard to believe that just seeing the gun was the only motivator.  It is just odd.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 06:23:37 PM »
I find it hard to believe that just seeing the gun was the only motivator.  It is just odd.

The fact that he looks like this would be enough for some people.

I don't know if it really matters that CCW has been around so long. Those outside the loop aren't thinking about concealed guns, and aren't seeing them, either. They've never gotten used to what they weren't aware of.

The guy with the gun may, conceivably, have been acting strangely, but I think we've more chancing of finding that the "hero" is a bit of a nut. Probably some other stuff in his past.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 06:28:11 PM by fistful »

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 09:40:44 PM »
Can anybody i.d. that cap? POW/MIA? Is the assault victim a military retiree I wonder?
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 09:44:35 PM »
Is there anything alarming about that photo?  Other than the skin color idea I guess. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 10:07:45 PM »
Is there anything alarming about that photo?  Other than the skin color idea I guess. 

Just that some people might assume the black guy is up to no good. And he's not dressed like a cop, or a Fortune 500 magnate. (I don't either.)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 12:26:01 AM »
http://twitchy.com/2015/01/21/gun-grabber-shannon-watts-fires-off-what-may-be-her-dumbest-tweet-ever/

Man arrested for tackling man with gun at Walmart. Because America.

Yeah, because America.  :cool:

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 02:55:56 AM »
http://twitchy.com/2015/01/21/gun-grabber-shannon-watts-fires-off-what-may-be-her-dumbest-tweet-ever/

Man arrested for tackling man with gun at Walmart. Because America.

Yeah, because America.  :cool:

The unintentional irony is awesome. :laugh:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 05:23:14 AM »

yeah, I'm busy playing ma'am or a sir, him or a her, who's that with what we can see of the cop or EMS figure in that picture.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 06:46:23 AM »
yeah, I'm busy playing ma'am or a sir, him or a her, who's that with what we can see of the cop or EMS figure in that picture.

Pat appears to be a rent-a-cop and why are shoes on the trunk of the car.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 07:31:38 AM »
Pat appears to be a rent-a-cop and why are shoes on the trunk of the car.

That's a Hillsbourgh County Sheriff's Deputy.  Dunno about the shoes, maybe we was tackled and choked so hard he came out of them?

I've shopped at the Riverview Walmart. Mr. Daniels is pretty average looking for that area.  It's not thugish or ghetto or anything.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 07:36:00 AM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 09:04:16 AM »
Lucky the guy doing the tackling didn't get his ass beat and/or shot for that.

Age difference ~ disparity of force. My immediate reaction was that Mr. Vigilante is extremely lucky he didn't get shot. In fact, the guy with the CCW should probably be chastised for lack of situational awareness. What's the use of carrying a gun if you're not going to shoot some twit who physically assaults you?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 09:05:29 AM »
Have they fogotten "I can't breath"?    laughable.

Memory is short -- especially when the facts don't fit the narrative.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 09:15:07 AM »
Can anybody i.d. that cap? POW/MIA? Is the assault victim a military retiree I wonder?

Maybe a retiree, or maybe a Vietnam veteran. He doesn't look 62 in the photo, but if he is that's about the right age. And the cap looks like it might be a Vietnam Veteran cap of some sort.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 10:03:39 AM »
Yeah... the OC'er screams "vet" to me too.  =)

Not an actual charge enhancer, but does the perpetrator zero good in the court of public opinion.  :rofl:
I promise not to duck.

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2015, 10:18:15 AM »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 10:25:24 AM »
Here's video
https://www.facebook.com/shaunkenney/posts/10155013542965012
Two others folks jumped in

That has to be the absolute worst rickroll I've ever seen.

(Linky goes to clip of SOTU.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2015, 10:46:37 AM »
Sorry wrong link
Fixed now