Author Topic: Glen Beck on congress  (Read 1712 times)

Otherguy Overby

• friend
Glen Beck on congress
« on: September 15, 2008, 05:51:52 AM »
This morning I had Glen Beck on the radio:  He mentioned that congress didn't have much of a popularity thing going on.  It seems that twice as many people like George Bush as they do congress.  George's numbers are 18%!  It seems that more people believe 9-11 was a put up job at 12% than congress at 8%!  The only thing they can compare to is the number of people who think the moon landing was faked at about 6%...
Guns
Motorcycles
Jeeps
Never enough!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Glen Beck on congress
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 06:01:36 AM »
IMHO, anti-war sentiment was at an all time high when this congress/senate was seated.  Democrats got the majority in both houses on the promise of ending the war.  They didn't do it.  And on top of that you've got a laundry list of corrupt businesses being bailed out financially by congress.  I'm not surprised!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 06:03:52 AM »
ARE YOU SUGGESTING THAT THE MOON LANDING WAS NOT FAKED?Huh?

Anyway, I think both sides rely too much on polls like these.  The polling data suggests that the sitting Pres is wildly unpopular, so both candidates are out there yelling "I'm NOT Bush!!!" at the tops of their lungs.  Obama's only argument is that McCain is a member of the same party, and thus must be exactly like GWB.  I'm not a huge fan of Bush or McCain, but Obama scares the bejeebus out of me.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

taurusowner

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 06:04:11 AM »
Exactly.  The one thing this new Congress got elected on was their claim of ending the war.  They failed at the one thing they said they would do.  So to Republicans, of course they disapprove, because they're Dems.  And to other Dems, they're failures and DINOs.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 06:40:43 AM »
Exactly.  The one thing this new Congress got elected on was their claim of ending the war.  They failed at the one thing they said they would do.  So to Republicans, of course they disapprove, because they're Dems.  And to other Dems, they're failures and DINOs.

Alot of people, including myself, crossed party lines to vote out some of the asses who were sitting on the hill last cycle.....of course, I was in Utah, so instead of getting 80% of the vote, the (R)'s got 79% of the vote.....  laugh
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”