Author Topic: Best argument for Gun Control I've ever heard. No, really.  (Read 7102 times)

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: Best argument for Gun Control I've ever heard. No, really.
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 09:17:01 PM »
It was the "Original Boys in the Hood" t-shirt, if any of you have seen that one.

I saw a pile of those the last time I went to a gun show. It didn't have a warning cover, though. I was looking through the stacks of more innocent gun-related shirts and then came across those. The proprietor caught me looking and rushed to distract me with her 3-legged dog.

I considered buying one to wear out and about just to watch people's heads explode from the glaring contradiction, but that would've been mean.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 11:16:47 PM »
LadySmith, I'm curious.  Did you think the shirt was racist, or did you just see it as a joke?  I've always seen it as the former, but maybe because I first saw it on a racist website.  And I know a racist who has one.  Or is that a stupid question? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 05:07:49 AM »
I've always wondered why the gun show organizers let racist idiots set up booths. Do they not screen them or something?

The item at gun shows that always just makes me shake my head is replica Hitler Youth knives made in Communist China.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 07:01:00 AM »
I usually go by who is wearing that kind of stuff. I would consider a black person wearing one to have my kind of humor and pointing out the retardedness of society. If it is a scruffy white guy surrounded by other scruffy white guys I'm going to go with the racist factor. 1st amendment makes it legal, nothing makes it good taste.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 08:58:34 AM »
I usually go by who is wearing that kind of stuff. I would consider a black person wearing one to have my kind of humor and pointing out the retardedness of society. If it is a scruffy white guy surrounded by other scruffy white guys I'm going to go with the racist factor. 1st amendment makes it legal, nothing makes it good taste.

That sounds rather like Isiah Thomas saying its okay for black men to call black women bitches but that it's offensive for white men to do it.

Gotta love double standards with extra hypocrisy!  rolleyes

Len Budney

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 09:03:51 AM »
Gotta love double standards with extra hypocrisy!  rolleyes

I'm no fan of double standards in general, but if my wife says "I'm gonna kill you!" and waves a kitchen knife at me, I'm confident she's being rhetorical. If you did the same thing to me, I'd probably draw down.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 09:59:59 AM »
I'm going on personal experience. The only black racist I know of is Jesse Jackson. The number of scruffy white racists is exponentially higher.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 12:05:14 PM »
I'm going on personal experience. The only black racist I know of is Jesse Jackson. The number of scruffy white racists is exponentially higher.

Well, based on population you'd expect about 8 times as many white racists as compared to black racists.

But black racists do exist, and there's more of them than Jesse.  It's just that they don't get news time like Jesse or any white racists found.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 12:12:21 PM »
There have been some seriously nasty racial incidents between asians and blacks in a number of areas around the nation over the past couple of years.

I was struck that some of the language coming from the black camp was very similar to language that used to come from the actively racist white camps.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2007, 01:55:44 PM »
I'm going on personal experience. The only black racist I know of is Jesse Jackson.   

Then you have an underexposure to Black America. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2007, 03:36:25 PM »
I meant the only black person that I know of that is racist against other blacks. He evidently thinks black people are little children that can't be trusted with weapons or the ability to spend their own money as they see fit.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 08:30:25 AM »
I meant the only black person that I know of that is racist against other blacks. He evidently thinks black people are little children that can't be trusted with weapons or the ability to spend their own money as they see fit.

In which case you need to study some of the police racist profiling reports - even black officers will stop black drivers more often.  Whether that's racist or not, I'll leave up to the reader.