Author Topic: SpaceX to NASA: Don't 'Fly Russian'  (Read 14632 times)

crt360

• friend
Re: SpaceX to NASA: Don't 'Fly Russian'
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2009, 04:16:58 PM »
Go SpaceX!  They have a facility up in McGregor (SW of Waco, TX) where they test the rocket engine configurations.  Apparently, whenever they do a night test it scares the crap out of everyone within a few miles.  I'd like to drive up there and watch one.  :cool:

For entertainment purposes only.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2009, 06:25:57 PM »
Go SpaceX!  They have a facility up in McGregor (SW of Waco, TX) where they test the rocket engine configurations.  Apparently, whenever they do a night test it scares the crap out of everyone within a few miles.  I'd like to drive up there and watch one.  :cool:

That's near my backyard....may have to drive over there and watch the fireworks....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2009, 07:07:00 AM »
"The logic just seems overwhelming," he added. "It just seems like a no-brainer to me."

Seems like a no-brainer to me, too. SpaceX gets the U.S. government to pay for developing and building their delivery vehicles, then SpaceX charges said U.S. governement millions of bucks in taxi fare to catch a ride to the space station.

Yep, it's a no-brainer all right.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2009, 07:32:16 AM »
Seems like a no-brainer to me, too. SpaceX gets the U.S. government to pay for developing and building their delivery vehicles, then SpaceX charges said U.S. governement millions of bucks in taxi fare to catch a ride to the space station.

Yep, it's a no-brainer all right.

And it'll still cost less than the shuttle.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner